Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / RIP Black Jack Adcock
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 9:26 am

Don't know how many of you knew and/or remember Jack. He and his wife, Amy, have lived in Norfolk for around 10 years now. They played in Professor Elixir's Southern Troubadors and the Bum Notes.
Here's an old, great blog post from Jimmy Enck (Jimi Inc) about Jack and Amy, and what was going on musically in the early 1990s in Memphis.
http://memphibianinlondon.blogspot.se/2009/11/bumnotesdrum-circleskron kadelic-1990.html

Anyway, Jack passed yesterday morning. He was a wonderful guy, and if you met him then you loved him.
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 10:55 am

He was a great guy. Both Jack & Amy were the nicest people whenever they were around. Came into the shop a few years ago just to see what we were up to, and it was fantastic seeing them.

RIP Jack.
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Sweet guy. RIP Jack. Jack and Amy were my Binghampton neighbors when I first moved to Memphis
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Great article! Wish I'd known him
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Amazing guy...a sweetheart, and could do so many things. He was funny as hell, too.
Posted: Feb 25, 2014 12:40 pm

That is sad news indeed. He was always nice in a musical and social context that was often not very nice.
Posted: Mar 2, 2014 1:11 pm

There will be a musical memorial next Sunday, March 9, at Otherlands from 4-8. BYO, and there will be pot luck food, Central BBQ, meatballs to honor his signature song ("One Meatball") and lots of music. As Jack usually played with about 15 people on stage, I'm sure everyone will fit if you want to bring your instruments.
Kids are welcome. Jack and Amy have a 14 yo daughter, Ruth. Amy wants to move back home, and wants Ruth to know that kids exist in Memphis.
Thanks for nice words from you guys. It's hit "us" pretty hard.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®