Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Portable record players
Posted: Feb 8, 2013 9:54 am

Are there any good ones? I thought about buying a Crosley portable and just changing the needle for a higher quality version. Is there a better option?
Posted: Feb 8, 2013 1:12 pm

Don't buy anything Crosley makes. Ever,ever,ever. Go to goner and buy a Numark if they still got'em. Don't buy Crosley. Hey seriously, don't buy Crosley. That company should be sued for what they do.
Posted: Feb 8, 2013 1:48 pm

yes crosley.. the worst
plus i dont think you can change the needle
Posted: Feb 8, 2013 1:54 pm

I actually have the Crosley version of the Soundberger..works good enough. It was a gift. One cool thing it does is that it will broadcast through a radio, and that feature actually works...just throw on a record, tune the radio to 88.1 and listen. You have to use the crappy crosley needles on a crosley unfortunately.

The best portables are a real Soundberger or a Columbia GP-3. I would say skip the Numarks as well.
Posted: Feb 9, 2013 7:47 am

I too have the Crosley Soundberger knock off and it works like a champ. That being said, I don't expect major quality with a portable record player. Basically it has to 1.) play records while 2.) not destroying them so I can see if they're worth a damn if I'm digging where there is not a record player handy.
Posted: Feb 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you!
I will not buy a Crosley Andrew!
Posted: Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am

If you run across a Dansette model for a decent price, buy it. It's one of the best portable players ever sold.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®