Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / How 'bout those Grizz?
Posted: Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Incredible win last night!
Posted: Nov 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Ok, not hyperbole- that was a HUGE win last night. Yeah, it was the sixth game but the Grizzlies needed to go out and show that they could really hang with the top dogs in the League. LeBron's quote about it being crazy how Rudy Gay is the Grizz third best player and how deep a team they are was telling. If we stay healthy, something amazing could happen....
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:44 am

HUGE WIN VS THUNDER!

roll, grizz, roll!

(and get through the Knicks in time for me to see Roky!)
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 12:42 pm

yeah this team isnt messing around. Rudy's behind the back move to a one handed slam in the 4th against the Heat was insane. Wonder who would have won that fight between Perkins and Zbo?
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:10 pm

"hey perk, i'll whoop your ass!"
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Marc's move from the corner - crossover/ turnaround / turnbackaround / off the glass - move in the 4th vs OKC was insane, too.

Very nice to see. GO GRIZZ!
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm

They've been so great. I was a little down on them this season because it seemed like this core group had kind of run its course, but Quincy Pondexter has improved considerably and Bayless/Ellington have been so much better than I expected. Bench has been TOUGH.

ZBo (takes mouthpiece out for Memphis wrestling promo): "I'll beat yo ass!":

Gasol's awesome Olajuwon move that shook Perkins out of his overrated shoes: http://cjzero.com/gifs/GasolWorksPerkins.gif
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 9:25 pm

That was it! What a combo of moves... who does that?

GO GRIZZ!
Posted: Nov 15, 2012 10:16 pm

holy shit. The Spurs lost tonight. If we beat the Knicks tomorrow, we have the best record in the NBA. Have the Grizzlies ever been in that position past Game 3 of a season?
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 1:36 am | Edited by: roastporkgravy

Z-Bo!
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 11:20 am

Best record in the NBA!!!
Posted: Nov 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Suck it Kobe
Posted: Dec 4, 2012 10:16 pm

38 and 22
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 2:28 am

Good god, that was amazing. That was Z-Bo of the 2011 playoffs. So much fun to watch.

Posted: Dec 27, 2012 5:48 am

It's still weird after 10 years to see Memphis in a sports league with real cities like LA, New York, Dallas, Chicago and Miami vesus Tupelo, Huntsville, Macon, either Jackson, Little Rock and Martin.
Posted: Jan 2, 2013 12:02 am

Yeah, but having OKC in the mix puts any illusions of Memphis cosmopolitanism in perspective. Real cities are overrated.
Posted: Jan 3, 2013 8:00 am

Or Portland, which does not have another top level professional team.

Or why Cincinnati, St. Louis, Kansas City does not have a team. I think the NBA should give Louisville another look (return the Kentucky Colonels!).

I wish Mempho could have an NFL team, but that wont happen no matter what. Which sucks and one small thing I disliked about Memphis.

This team is damn good and can make a run for The Finals. I think this would be a wonderful thing for the city (I dont cheer for the team, I cheer for the hometown).
Posted: Jan 3, 2013 12:20 pm

needed win last night. Although the injury bug is starting to become scary
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®