Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / ATTN: E-mail needed re: Robert of Adios Gringo
Posted: Aug 4, 2012 1:23 am

Need someone with his e-mail address or the man himself to hit me off the board @ andrewearles@gmail.com

Gotta turn around something super quick for the Flyer on the upcoming A. Gringo/Powers That Be/ Ritual Decay show...
Posted: Aug 4, 2012 7:17 am

Neither Of those dudes read this board.
Posted: Aug 4, 2012 7:19 am

Also, Robert is out of town until next week.
Posted: Aug 4, 2012 10:19 am

What is it with the flyer? The last time a piece was done on them was when Andria wrote something about Taintskins decades (literally) ago...now after being together for over 20 years, becoming world-class at what they do, they are merely thrown a bone in the form of a show blurb, and a show blurb that needs to be thrown together very quickly. Yet, there are bands that have been together since last Tuesday that get huge pieces done on them. Fuck the Memphis Flyer.
Posted: Aug 4, 2012 10:47 am

Well put.
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 12:28 am

Too easy? Worth the effort/mental energy? Poor choice of battles? Jury is still out at this moment, but will return with a verdict tomorrow...
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 11:59 am

Bravo VR.
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 5:01 pm

What is it with the flyer? The last time a piece was done on them was when Andria wrote something about Taintskins decades (literally) ago...now after being together for over 20 years, becoming world-class at what they do, they are merely thrown a bone in the form of a show blurb, and a show blurb that needs to be thrown together very quickly. Yet, there are bands that have been together since last Tuesday that get huge pieces done on them. Fuck the Memphis Flyer.

Like Adios Gringos, nobody who makes any of those decisions read this board. At least Earles is doing what he can about it. I'm sure if the Flyer asked him to do a feature article about the band, he'd jump at the chance.
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 5:24 pm

Wow, looks like there will be a bump of publicity for Gringos!
Don't Look is doing an interview, and RSA has a pretty lengthy blog article posting Friday.
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 6:41 pm

Well free plax... It is Adios Gringo not Adios Gringos. Secondly, thanks for informing me of how publication budgeting works, thirdly, show me where I call out Andrew in my post and finally, point out anything I said that was untrue.
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 1:06 pm

Danny Lewd killed that interview. Kinda helps that Paul is hialrious but still....
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 6:14 am

you know, i've been reading this board on and off for 8 years and i've really come to the conclusion that your a world class whining cunt, VinylRitchie. nice going.

nb i have zero affiliation with the Flyer or Andrew Earles.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 6:46 am

fuck, that was really uncalled for. i'm sorry. too much coffee. i don't even know you. and christ knows i'm a gold medalist in cuntiness.
Posted: Aug 8, 2012 9:22 am

Flyer still sucks with their musical coverage no matter how many e-hand jobs you give each other.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 12:27 am

So, no article for Gringos?

Hooray tired ass elvis.
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Flyer writers need everything to fall into their laps before they can lift a finger to a keyboard.
Posted: Aug 12, 2012 12:03 pm

So how was the show? I've been off the grid hiking in Montana...Earles or another Flyer representitive there to do a show review?
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm

I like the Flyer. Living outta town I really enjoy Chris's record reviews. keeps me somewhat in the loop. I love that guy!

How was the show?
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Show was great. Shorter than normal Gringos set which wasn't a bad thing as I can remember it fully for once. Powers That Be were heavy. Opener wasn't my cup of tea. Pretty sure Gringos broke out a couple new songs off the upcoming LP.
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I like the flyer as well. I fully understand that a lot of the local rags don't cover the bands you like as often as you like....but they offer a portal. That's how I got involved....they used to offer the Appeal in New Albany, MS and I would pick it up....kept hearing about Goner and Harlan....and eventually bit....I'll always be thankful for that. It's nice to leave the small town life behind and connect with like-minded people online and in person whenever I can get away.
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 10:19 pm

After reading through this thread again....I gotta say....any local band that has been together that long and proven themselves.....they deserve a little special treatment. That goes for any band in any genra.
Posted: Sep 7, 2012 10:06 pm

what he/she/it said.^
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®