Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / The Hussy/Modern Convenience/Burning Sands/Vignettes, Buccaneer Thurs 6/7
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 5:45 pm

The Hussy is from Athens OH. Everybody else lives among you.
Rock & Roll Time
$5
Danke.
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 7:39 pm

the hussy is actually from madison, wi...they rule live...not to be missed!
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 12:18 am

AHHHH!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 6:29 am

the hussy is actually from madison, wi

Thanks for the correction. It really is hard keeping Quinn's buddies straight.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm planning on going to this, going to be tough...I've missed a lot of work because of unavoidable circumstances so I can't take off. Still, I love The Hussy, Quinn gave me a Burning Sands CD that I've worn out and I really want to check out the other two bands.....the shit I do for Rock 'n' Roll.....
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:00 pm

Quinn's Buddies - new band?
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 11:53 am

Tonight!
With all of the bands listed above! No matter what the Flyer says or doesn't say!
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 9:45 pm

gotta bail...work is to busy and I've missed too much already this year. Memphis....so near and yet so fucking far.
Posted: Jun 8, 2012 8:11 am

when you say "rock n roll time" you really mean it. fucking christ, did the hussy start playing at 3:30? anyway, at least the vignettes were awesome.
Posted: Jun 8, 2012 6:49 pm

you made me both glad and sad I missed this. It would have been awesome hanging with you, Nate.....but holy shit, I would be have been fucked.
Posted: Jun 8, 2012 9:30 pm

Bobby Hussy said it weren't the best... but psyched for Gonerfest!

I told him if Cole had shown it woulda saved the night for sure.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 9:34 am

fucking christ, did the hussy start playing at 3:30?
holy shit, I would be have been fucked.
Bobby Hussy said it weren't the best... but psyched for Gonerfest!

1. No, not 3:30, but later than I would have preferred. This is what happens when the first band doesn't show until 11-ish. Course, technical difficulties during our set did not help.
2. Cole, I realize that you would be coming from out of town, so I understand your situation. But I don't always buy this excuse from Memphis residents. I played AND had to be at work at 8 AND met with a supplier at 8:15. And I ain't exactly a spring fuckin' chicken.
3. The Hussy were cool. Bobby has a unique style of playing. Looking forward to seeing him and Heather again at Gonerfest.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 11:03 am

This is what happens when the first band doesn't show until 11-ish.
When the first band doesn't show until 11-ish, they become the second (or third band) or they don't get to play at all.

When the first band finally arrives and you realize that they are a two piece whose equipment takes up absolutely no space whatsoever, then why not have your band get shit set up so you can immediately get things going more smoothly?

technical difficulties during our set did not help.
if first band is going to graciously lend you an amp, but it's not a very super high quality amp, then why spend like 10 minutes "perfecting" the tone? why jabber in between every single song?

if you are the one telling all your friends about how awesome The Hussy are, why not take one for the team and have your local band headline so that the hussy can play earlier and to more people?

dude, I am not trying to be a huge dick... in fact, on a different night I probably would have greatly enjoyed your jams. I was already having a terribly shitty day. Came to the show with my wife's co-worker who ended up being extremely uncool company and he bailed 2 songs into the vignettes' set. Was also having my space invaded by that awful fratty foursome-in-the-works at the bar. Hey, I've set up shows where I had to be up super early the next morning, and felt heart broken when the touring band plays to no one in the middle of the night. It sucked ass, even when I *was* a spring chicken. But there are ways to be on the ball and attempt to improve the situation for yourself and for your paying customers.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 12:17 pm

R.,

Would you mind giving me your email address? I would like to respond to your points freely, and this is a little more of a public forum than I would want.

Thanks.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 12:51 pm

Cole, I realize that you would be coming from out of town, so I understand your situation.

It was weird situation with my job. I wanted to go badly. I work for Pepsi and we've had a lot of turnover lately and I had to run a route...which means driving a semi. I just didn't trust myself to do that with no sleep. It really sucked missing it. I love Burning Sands and The Hussy...I haven't seen either yet...and I wanted to check out the other two bands as well.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 2:00 pm

6l6: ringmod606 at hotmail.com

i know stuff gets fucked up at shows and it's cool to hear your side of the story. I probably would have been a trooper with better mood and company (COLE! :P )
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 4:33 pm

if you are the one telling all your friends about how awesome The Hussy are, why not take one for the team and have your local band headline so that the hussy can play earlier and to more people?

I never understood sticking the touring band on last, unless they're ginormous and people are coming by the hundreds to see them. Especially since mod cons and the vignettes seem to play multiple times a week.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 7:09 pm

"I never understood sticking the touring band on last, unless they're ginormous and people are coming by the hundreds to see them. Especially since mod cons and the vignettes seem to play multiple times a week."

Exactly. Especially when Burning Sands play their customary 3 hour set. Can't tell you how many times I've missed the headlining band because Burning Sands, who I think are decent, play way too long. I'm not trying to start a shit storm here but I wish those dudes would be a little less ambivilant to the other bands.
Posted: Jun 10, 2012 8:59 am

whoa. i've summoned a troll. sorry about that.
Posted: Jun 10, 2012 10:02 am | Edited by: Cole

What level of Magic User are you? That was a high level spell. I mean that was that guys first post.
Posted: Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I never understood sticking the touring band on last, unless they're ginormous and people are coming by the hundreds to see them. Especially since mod cons and the vignettes seem to play multiple times a week.

Severin, ModCOn went on last.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®