Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Mark Sultan, TSOT, Pop1280 Mon 6/4 @ Hi-Tone
Posted: May 30, 2012 2:05 pm

9pm doors, music will start very soon thereafter as it's 3 bands on a Monday.
Also, it's wing night and $1 PBR drafts
So.....
Dinner (wings)=$9
Some beers= ~$5
cover= $7
Sev's tip = two CLEAN ponytail holders
total cost of being full, having a buzz and seeing three bands= $21 + ponytail holders.
Posted: May 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Pop 1280 was almost the name of the Grifters after Budweiser got into their business.
Posted: May 31, 2012 10:10 am

stoked!
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 9:27 am

tonight!
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 9:29 am

Sev's tip = two CLEAN ponytail holders

You've confused me with your Heineken draining sound dude.
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 10:19 am

You've confused me with your Heineken draining sound dude.

He doesn't drain, he practices ritual annihilation.

Sultan tonight fools!
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 7:27 am

So BBQ wants to burn the Hi Tone down...what happened? I know he likes to have his double chin airbrushed out of LP jackets...did the Hi Tone forget to do that on the flyer?
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 8:20 am | Edited by: Mr Entropy

I'm curious too ... was it the low turnout?
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 9:13 am

Wow. This show sounds like it was a lot of fun. Sorry I missed it. Who's BBQ?
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 9:45 am

What a miserable little troll.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:01 am

Not you Snarky.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:05 am

Nor you, Misters Ritchie and Entropy.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:12 am

Mark Sultan called Jonny a cunt on FB. I don't know Mark Sultan. I don't know or care what happened. But I know Jonny.

One of the things I like most about Jonny is how he got filthy rich ripping people off. I've stayed in his mansion. He's got gold toilet seats with names of every band he's ever cheated to get ahead in music biz.

I also like watching him get butt fucked week in and week out trying to make something for the Memphis music scene. Makes me laugh every time. He's such a successful business man, you'd think he'd have more sense than to book a show in Memphis at all.

I bet he's listening to King Khan & the Shrines, rolling around in that fat pile of money you made him last night

Anyway. When you call my friend a Cunt in public, I no longer have any sympathy for you. You are a whiny little dick. Keep your business private and your cause true.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:23 am

MARK SULTAN 1882 FACEBOOK FANS!!! THAT GUY IS REAL SHIT. HE IS A REAL BIG DRAW!!!!!!! on a Monday night.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:31 am

There was nobody there. It was some type of door deal. Whichfor the uniniated means $150 of the door is going to the sound and door guys. The motherfucker only played maybe 20 minutes. I gave Sultan the wad of cash Jonny gave me. Pop 1280 asked about getting paid. I told them I gave all the money to Sulatn because he had the deal. They asked Sultan. He started throwing a hissy fit saying I was making him the asshole. All this could have been avoided if both "bands" had remembered: It's Memphis. It's Monday. And no one, NO ONE in this town obviously give two fucks about you. Lesson learned. Play the Bucc next time.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:42 am

There was nobody there. It was some type of door deal. Whichfor the uniniated means $150 of the door is going to the sound and door guys. The motherfucker only played maybe 20 minutes. I gave Sultan the wad of cash Jonny gave me. Pop 1280 asked about getting paid. I told them I gave all the money to Sulatn because he had the deal. They asked Sultan. He started throwing a hissy fit saying I was making him the asshole. All this could have been avoided if both "bands" had remembered: It's Memphis. It's Monday. And no one, NO ONE in this town obviously give two fucks about you. Lesson learned. Play the Bucc next time.

/close thread
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 10:57 am

Sorry, my inner Don Murphy got a hold of me there. Caps lock fixed, crazy ramblings over.

Too bad Mark had a bad time. Sucks being a starving artist, but then again last night was all he could eat wings.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 11:34 am

DIVA bullshit
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 11:48 am

He was a whiney bitch at Gonerfest years ago. If I want to see somebody act like that, I'll go see Danzig, not BBQ, not Wreckless Eric, not some loser who actually NEEDS my money.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 12:26 pm

MARK SULTAN 1882 FACEBOOK FANS!!!

1882 Facebook fans can't be wrong!

Or, Facebook fans weren't wrong in 1882! Not sure which.

It seems as though this isn't the first time we have seen such behavior from Mr. Sultan, eh? Ooops, Sambeaux's post confirms this.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 1:07 pm

Gonerfest years ago.
The Rockening. I have that on tape.

Kind of funny, I only came down to see tsot. Paid my $7 and left when I discovered I had missed them. Still wanted to make sure the on-the-road bands got paid.
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 1:53 pm

Only wish TSOT had gotten paid so I could have given it to Pop 1280. Those guys were totally cool and had great attitudes. At least they got free food and a place to sleep.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®