Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Ty Segall w/ White Fence & Useless Eaters 5/22 Hi-Tone
Posted: May 8, 2012 1:05 pm

!!!
8pm doors
Posted: May 8, 2012 4:23 pm

Can we get Naan Violence to come in for a little psych sitar defrost action before the headliners melt our brains?
Posted: May 8, 2012 9:20 pm

naan violence is awful. isn't anyone going to say it?????
Posted: May 9, 2012 12:40 pm

naan violence is awful. isn't anyone going to say it?????

nooo, because you just did, fuckface.

yeah, it's been kinda hit or miss with feedback/volume issues, etc. but you created a profile and user name to hate on the violence?

your a douchebag. i said it so nobody else has to.

yesss.
Posted: May 9, 2012 3:33 pm

i second that motion.nooo you are most definitely a clueless douche.its not polite to hate on local bands especially if there are locals in the band.what have you done to prove your not a douche? other than sign onto a music message board for local musical enthusiasts and hate on local music.go fuck yourself.this hatred brought to you by your local locals.
Posted: May 9, 2012 4:39 pm

I thought the only sound problem during the last performance was the wind issues, obviously not a problem at the Tone, a room with sound qualities well known to the ace sound guys there, one of which is in the band. It seems well suited for the show. I'd like to see it and I think others would too.
Posted: May 10, 2012 11:59 pm

local locals - !!

i concur:)
Posted: May 11, 2012 12:01 am

oh and can't wait - gonna be a good show!
Posted: May 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Naan Violence will now be opening, playing in between each band, and closing this show. Also, Richard James and the Special Riders and Tiger High have been added to the bill. Yesss!!!
Posted: May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

That's 6 sets from the Naan!
Posted: May 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi-Tone employee posting to confirm above.
Posted: May 16, 2012 4:50 pm

whoa this shit's gonna go past my bed time
Posted: May 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Contrary to populist demand, this is....
Doors at 8pm
Useless Eaters at 9pm
White Fence after
Ty after White Fence
That is all. The 6 Naan sets will be done exclusively thru iPod streaming. Or if you're good enough, thru transmittable brain waves
Posted: May 16, 2012 6:06 pm

how about out back? set up a second stage maybe and have a 3 day festival ... recoop your money on overpriced patchouli sells
Posted: May 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Ex Cult added to the bill, so now it goes like this....
Ex Cult @ 8:45
Useless Eaters @ 9:30
White Fence @ 10:15
Ty @ 11
Posted: May 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Local Locals!
Posted: May 21, 2012 4:38 pm

stoked !
Posted: May 21, 2012 5:57 pm | Edited by: Cole

Damn, I want to see this....driving to Memphis and back, and having to go to work really sucks...here's the thing though......I love Ex Cult and Useless Eaters, I love White Fence and have never seen them...I've seen Ty... I love him, but could skip him.....if there was somehow a chance of that schedule actually working out....
Posted: May 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Cole-
these are the correct times. Already talked with everyone involved so, you'll be good dude.
Posted: May 22, 2012 2:44 pm

TONIGHT!
Posted: May 22, 2012 2:55 pm

i'm ready fo sho!
Posted: May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Ty @ 11

these are the correct times. Already talked with everyone involved
Ty @ 11

Ty @ 11

4 bands, Tuesday night, 8:45
This means if 5 people are there at 8:45, the Cult will play for 5 people at 8:45.
It's also TACO NIGHT. Eat tacos, watch bands, go home early. Why won't people do this? Why?
Posted: May 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Why won't people do this? Why?
... because, historically, claims of shows starting early at the Hi-Tone have about a 5 percent chance of actually reaching fruition?
The Hi-Tone is a lot like me in that I say I'm going to be at your nephew's Bar Mitzvah at 3 because I like you and him and really want to be there, but the day of, I show up at 5 when everyone is leaving because that's who I am, the guy who gets there late. I can't help it, I was born that way, perpetually late. If you like me, you have to learn to live with that part of me.
I love the Hi-Tone and all the people there who make it do what it does. I feel like I've spent half my life there and its been nothing but good ... no, scratch that ... great times there. I realize the timings of bands taking stage probably has very little to do with the whims of the people who run the venue, but either way, I accept it for what it is, part of one of the best places to see a show in Memphis.
All of this being said, I have been burnt once or twice by factual claims of early starting shows, enough that I try to make it when I'm told to be there, and that I would not try to sway others otherwise. So I will probably be there at 8:45, waiting about 45 minutes for the first band to start while my broke ass waivers between buying tacos or band vinyl. Everyone should come out and wait with me.
Posted: May 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Shows that start at 11:30 at the Bucc, Lamplight, Pop Lounge etc = fine and dandy
Shows that start at 10:30 at the Hitone = ass hurt
Posted: May 22, 2012 5:28 pm

tell me more about tacos
Posted: May 22, 2012 6:41 pm

tell me more about tacos
"A taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa, avocado or guacamole, cilantro, tomatoes, minced meat, onions and lettuce."
Last week Youngblood made Steak, Chicken, Fish, and Black Bean filling. It beat the shit out of hot wings.
Posted: May 23, 2012 1:25 am

I didn't eat any tacos, I ate rock n roll instead
Posted: May 23, 2012 9:57 am | Edited by: hemant

Whoah.. there were tacos? Damnit. Should have gone!
Posted: May 23, 2012 10:52 am

You should have gone, Hemant!

White Fence!
Posted: May 23, 2012 11:52 am

That drummer from Useless Eaters was an animal. Thumbs up. This show started exactly at 9pm, but not for lack of me ready to yell at bands like a Nazi to start playing at 845pm. Ty Segall decided the show should start at 9pm. And so it did.
Posted: May 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Perfect fucking night. Thanks to everyone and sorry about the 15 minute delay on the start time but Sev pretty much explained....
One of my favorite nights at the Hi-Tone.

Face. Melting.

That Mikal Cronin kid sho is good too
Posted: May 23, 2012 2:31 pm

there were tacos?
Taco Tuesday! Every week, brah.
Posted: May 23, 2012 6:43 pm

I had a great time..feelin' it now but it was worth it.....I really like White Fence.....they should come back in September.
Posted: May 24, 2012 3:26 pm

YES FACE MELTED!!!!

taco night rulez also
Posted: May 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Hopin' for some Sept White Fence action! Negotiations...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®