Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Tuesday, April 10, 2010 is Jeff Evans Day in Memphis, Tennessee.
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 11:55 am

That's right and Mayor A.C. Wharton has signed an official proclamation declaring it so. Said proc will be read aloud by John Paul Keith to the Monsieur at the Blue Monkey on Madison Avenue when the hardly ever seen Jeff documentary, The Man Who Loved Couch Dancing, is screened there, starting at 8 p.m. Afterwards, Jeff, Ron Franklin (director of this great piece of cinema) and I will play a few songs. We expect to be joined on stage by several special guests such as: Jack O, King Louie, John Paul (if he's in a twanging mood after reading Jeff's proclamation), Richard James, and proabably quite a few other stage invaders. Maybe Goner will do an instore for Jeff late that afternoon (Zac, Eric...a judgment call re this issue, please, so I can call Jeff about it). I was hoping for a parade in front of the Goner Stow with me leading it on my recently acquired Rascal Hoveround (of course, it has two American flags proudly displayed on it plus a Misfits sticker on the back). It will be a busy day for Jeff. Come to Monkey Bleu around 8 that night and honor the great man. Will keep you posted re any other NARAS sanctioned events on Jeff Day...not sure if a Goner in-store will get the NARAS stamp of approval though. And as far as I know, there will be no cover charge for the film or musical performance afterward. Just don't break any shit while you're in there. Michelle A works at the Monk tending bar and it's a class joint even if I do spend a bit of time in there every now and then.
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 4:47 pm

Great coverage in the Flyer this week.
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 7:35 pm

Apparently Raekwon is playin the deli later that nite. Is this also part of the festivities?
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 8:57 pm

The Monsieur best protect his neck
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 12:13 am

so this happened two years ago?
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 8:43 am

Oops re the date. Yes, it was a great event in 2010 and promises to be even better this year. Sorry re the early onset dementia date confroosion. Those decades of drink and pills just do things to an old man's memory, but Jeff will be here Tuesday, 4/10/12 at 8 p.m. for the proclamation presentation, documentary screening and live performance at the Monkey. And then down to the Deli to catch Raekwon since that will be a Jeff Day sanctioned event. 2010 is not 2012. I think I can remember that...for a llittle while anyway. The Commercial Appeal may offer a bit more coverage of this worthy event in their issue tomorrow than our friends at the Flyer did this week.
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 6:16 pm

The Commercial Appeal may offer a bit more coverage of this worthy event in their issue tomorrow than our friends at the Flyer did this week.

That's alright, at least the Flyer got in that bit about the band that plays "interactive romper room punk."
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 6:23 pm

Don Trip got a new pair of shoes! Cover story next week!
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 6:50 pm

Chris Herrington is a turd, and a self-proclaimed non-fan of Jeff Evans' music. I'm sure he would lead the parade for Amy LaVere Day, though.
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 11:34 pm

Don Trip got a new pair of shoes! Cover story next week!

hahahahahahaa! sad but true. i'm buying a ipad and im gonna start programming dub step. fuck rock n roll.
Posted: Apr 6, 2012 5:58 am

Hey guys, go easy on the flyer, without which I never would have known about Eric's new band, True Sounds Of Thunder. I have yet to see them live but I've heard good things.
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/back-to-oblivian/Content?oid=31554 63
Posted: Apr 6, 2012 9:57 am

I would not recommend it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®