Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Cloudland Canyon & Psychedelic Horseshit early show @ Bucc, Monday, 3/19
Posted: Mar 19, 2012 7:43 am

Thass right, ya'll. Local synth rawkers, Cloudland Canyon, fresh from a week of torturing themselves at South By Southworst, return home to play a rare early show and, when I say early show, I mean starting at 8:30 p.m. and ending by 10:30 p.m. cuz Devil Train will still play their usual Monday night residency gig afterward. And let's be mildly honest by noting that D. Train's fun fans are mostly peasant blouse wearing hippie chicks and what might best be termed as furry stoner dudes (hope I didn't offend anyone with that description, but I calls as I sees 'em and that's how they appear late on Monday evenings). And get this, yours untruly, Rockin' Papaw, will be bashing away a on a small acoustic drum kit (hopefully) in time with CC's unrelentingly precise drum machine. Columbus, Ohio shit rockers, Psychedelic Horseshit, will round out the bill with a painfully messy set. They too should be in a rather ragged state, having also spent several days in Austin at that annual torture fest. So come on out early (like I said, at 8:30 p.m. before the Devil Train crowd gets there...not sure that the two cultural groupings will mix very well) for a snyth rawk/shit rock dynamite double bill at the Buccaneer. Admission is only $5. It will cost you $10 if you try to leave early though.
Posted: Mar 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Life gets stranger and stranger.
Cool.
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am

psychadelic horseshit is good, but i guess no one told them that folks avoid that Cloudland Canyon band bc dude is a wealthy developer who tries to sue everybody
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 10:58 am

Ross is a wealthy developer that tries to sue everyone?!
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

... this seems an opportune time to once again ask why there is this animosity towards Cloudland Canyon. Everyone is so vague on why exactly it is they hate this band. I've searched the message board and can't figure it out. Does anyone want to tell the tale or provide some linkage?
Posted: Mar 20, 2012 5:27 pm

ross told me he was my dad...new years 2009
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 12:05 pm

wow! all these rumors and intrigue. if the music is good. why hate? did he sue someone to have babies thrown out in to the street?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®