Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / cheapest flights out of Memphis?
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 6:05 pm

Sorry, I know this topic comes up a lot, but I need to book a Memphis / NYC trip and am getting pretty high fares. Didn't someone post recently about a place to find decent deals? I searched but couldn't turn it up. In any case, any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 6:59 pm

i think southwest has just moved in, try them
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks a lot Bruce. Looks like they're coming in a bit more than Delta. Plus Delta goes nonstop, which is a big advantage. Just wish they were cheaper!
Posted: Mar 2, 2012 8:14 pm

damn, was hoping we would get some cheap flights with them moving in
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 12:07 am

key to getting cheapest fares to nyc is flying out mid week and coming back the following Sunday (on one of the late flights).
Typically you can find better deals on Delta if you fly early in the am (I think it's a 6am flight), but still, not great deals to nyc, especially if you want a direct flight.
Southwest's fares are better but the delay in ATL kinda sucks unless you hit it perfectly.
If you can I'd check Jet Blue in Nashville as an option.
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 1:44 pm

Yeah, unfortunately Nashville isn't an option, as the person flying is already going to have to get a ride from MS up to Memphis.

I messed around with the dates a little bit and got it down to ~$380 for a nonstop leaving on Friday and coming back Monday. Is that about as good as it gets?

Thanks again everybody. I never fly, so I'm pretty clueless about all this.
Posted: Mar 3, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeah, that's about rock bottom for a direct flight now on Delta.

Have fun and if you get the chance go to Blue Ribbon on the lower west side. Absolutely amazing. Chef restaurant/ bar.
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 2:29 am

flap yr. arms and run like hell thru south memphis?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®