Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / The Crazy Noodle
Posted: Jan 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Went to check the place out on Sunday and it was great. It's the new Korean joint, in the old Umai space, with the Kwik Check gal as the chef. For apps we got the Kim-Chi jean & the Fish-jean. Both were tasty w/ great dipping sauces. Entrees were a Spicy Seafood Hot Noodle Bowl & a pork dumpling hot Noodle Bowl.

I'm sure they've got some kinks to work out as they opened on the 6th but we'll definitely be back.
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

place freaking rules. I've eaten there 5 times in the last two weeks. For those of you in need of a soup during the cold- the chicken noodle soup is amazing. the curry is top notch. they take to go orders now too. food is made fresh to order. so so good.
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 3:42 pm

they are not fucking around. this place is on point.
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Note from a colleague: went and ate at crazy noodle
it was very good BUT be prepared to wait for an eternity
not joking, waited an hour and 45 min to get food, they only have 1 cook. We read reviews online and a lot of people said they waited an hour or 2 so we figured we might have to, wasn't all a surprise.
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am

went friday night, same deal, long wait. Not great soup but good soup.

The fish jun / egg pancake thing is AWESOME, though.
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Holy shit thats a looong time for some soup when you can go down to Pho Saigon on Poplar and get it in like 15 minutes tops. Pho, curry, vermecelli dishes and killer spring rolls. Im pretty sure Im not waitin on anything for an hour and 45 minutes. Holy shit. Do they feed it to you?
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 1:31 pm

waited atleast two hours for my food. Pretty sure my waiter was on xanax. Food was decent. Probably not going back.
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Pretty sure my waiter was on xanax.

AWESOME
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Forgot to add: Awesome if you're on Xanax. Ask the waiter.
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

A co-worker told Ken and I that some dude was drunk out of his mind, and very loud when she went there. This place sounds fun if you got some time to kill!
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

Staycation at the Crazy Noodle
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 8:37 am

whoa that sucks to hear. we went relatively late on a sunday and waited maybe 30 min
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Went for the first time today. It was great! Food in my face in 10 minutes. I plan on going a few times a week. Memphis' support of each other (food, music or otherwise) is why we have come so far and this town has so much going for it. Keep the hate alive... It will take us to great places.
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 9:30 am

No one is hating on Tha' Noodle dawg! I think it's just hard to occupy Eric in a restaurant for 2 hours. He dumps his sippy cup out, tries to eat the napkins and is kinda loud and fussy went you don't give him 100% of your attention. This is just what I've heard. I'm glad to hear they are getting things together. I don't mind a 30 min wait for good food, can't wait to try it!
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Totally not hatin! For 2012, let's ditch the sarcasm. No joke. It's a drag.
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 2:41 pm

I had heard about the long waits before we went but didn't personally experience it. We were starving at the time and hedged on going due to the rumors. It wasn't too busy when we went so I guess we got lucky? Highly recommend the kim-chi jean.
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 3:41 pm

did you dudes pay before hand? if not, i would've just left after waiting 45 minutes. no way i'm spending two hours in a place.
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Payment is not required upon entry! Unlike at rock shows! Hmmmm.
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 8:32 pm | Edited by: donnie davidson

@pooner
Thanks for the info about this place. I was looking forward to trying it, but hearing there is 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait, I wouldn't go there and wait that long if the food was free. Another example of a small business trying to make it without enough capital to hire another cook.

Yeah that's the reason. Good Job on trying to stab at little buisness. We're not the Mc Money Scene. Sure if we're packed to the rafters it's going to take a min or two to get your food. Otherwise No problems. Man you crack me up with that ( Another example of a small business trying to make it without enough capital to hire another cook) Too Godamn funny....
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 8:13 am

Went in, got take out and had a beer with Donnie while I waited. Ten minutes. The Chicken Soup is KILLER, make sure you order it spicy.

Ji had an apprentice back there and there were at least 3 other employees -not including Donnie. Seems like they got plenty of staff and nobody seemed to be waiting to long. Though the staff did seem a little perplexed by the iPods they were supposed to be putting their orders in on. Going to go back with the wife and kids next time we're in Midtown.
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 9:19 am

Went yesterday for lunch. Got the seafood bowl and kimchi. Excellent. Good service too.....
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 10:21 am

You sound like you need a good douche. Maybe it will take that chip off your shoulder, put a smile on your face, and you can grow up a little.

Hope someone is around with similar advice for you when you put yourself on the line with your own endeavor.
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 10:31 am

@pooner No chip is on my shoulder, and i'm alway's smiling....Nice try though...
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 3:38 pm

I went around 1:00 today for the 1st time. The curry was awesome & the chicken noodle soup was outstanding! Great customer service too.
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 5:58 pm

@pooner- you're barking up the wrong tree bro. donnie is the last dude i would tell "you need a good douche."
Posted: Feb 5, 2012 12:46 pm

@pooner- you're barking up the wrong tree bro. donnie is the last dude i would tell "you need a good douche."
yeah somebody mite take care of his lite weight for him.put you in a tame name.
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 12:02 am

Hope someone is around with similar advice for you when you put yourself on the line with your own endeavor.

if someone flipped on the golden rule switch, the internet would disappear.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 7:45 am

Went there last week.

I hate to say it, but I really didn't enjoy it. There was zero wait, but the soup I had just wasn't any good. It was just...bland. The turnips in my soup were overcooked and devoid of any flavor. The whole thing reminded me of some of my failed attempts to make some sort of Asian soup and just feeling washed out and disappointed afterwards.

I will say, the fried tofu salad was pretty sweet. Subtle, simple and good.
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 7:56 pm

Did you get it spicy?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®