Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Mobile Tire Replacement?
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 12:48 pm | Edited by: free plax

Ran over something that caused a huge gash in my tire. One of the lugnuts is kinda stripped and impossible to remove.

Anybody know of a spot that will come out and replace the tire so I avoid a ridiculous tow-fee?

Or, anybody have experience with AAA roadside assistance? I don't have it but if I ordered it today and called tomorrow for a tow, would it work?
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 7:53 pm

All you need to do is figure what size socket is too small to fit but large enough to be driven on with a HAMMER, then use the ratchet to remove....
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 10:12 pm

if that fails, there's a place called jackrabbit that will come change it. Pretty cheap as well.
Posted: Jan 3, 2012 4:02 pm

Also a bunch of auto-insurance companies include roadside assistance by default. You may already have it.
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 11:21 am | Edited by: free plax

I appreciate everyones response. This happened in E. Memphis, on E. Rolling Oaks Dr. about 3:30AM on Sunday after I left work and was on my way to pick up the wife from a friends place. It turned out both drivers side tires were fucked. Long story short...

It was a holiday weekend and there were no tire-shops open on Sunday so I left a note on the car letting the neighbors know I would take care of it on Monday. Went, Monday morning to remove the tires but like I said, I couldn't get them off. Left the car and went home to watch the Outback Bowl and arranged for a friend w/ AAA to pick me up and meet a tow-truck after the game. When we got there, the car was gone. The owners of the house it was in front of called the cops and had it towed, despite admitting to have read my note. I was more than pissed. I had wrongfully assumed that I would get a 48 hour tow notice before the city would tow it. Turns out, if a car is deemed undriveable, the city can tow it right away. So I ended up paying $165 to the impound lot and another $75 to get it towed outta there and then $140 for two new tires.

While most of my anger resides with the cunts who called the cops and had it towed I'm pretty shocked that the city can tow a car without any warning. I've written my councilman, Jim Strickland, but have gotten no response. Seems like a money grab by the city that leaves a lot of room for fraud and abuse.

Anybody got any good revenge ideas for the bitches who had my car towed?
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 3:59 pm | Edited by: hemant

Anybody got any good revenge ideas for the bitches who had my car towed?

I've always wondered if you can spell words in a lawn with roundup herbicide. It may take a while to really appreciate, but let me know if it works.
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 8:26 pm

It works.
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 8:37 pm

any good revenge ideas for the bitches who had my car towed?
Open up the water meter cover( next to the curb) in the wee hours of the AM. Turn off their water with a cut off key then pour wet concrete(pre mixed in advance) down in the meter hole. Put the cover back on. It'll take about 2 minutes. Have a look out with you. They'll have to pay to have half their yard dug up to cut their water back on and pay for a replacement meter too. Mucho dinero and aggravation.
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 8:53 pm

i'll bet it would work almost as well without the wet cement, if you did it on a cold night, they would think pipes were frozen and you wouldn't be on the hook for any expensive bills if found out
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 11:19 pm

I've always wondered if you can spell words in a lawn with roundup herbicide.

The senior class at my hs did this one year -yes.

The bitch is a dick.
Posted: Jan 6, 2012 4:07 am

Maybe

"KING LEE - "TIRE SHOP" Some of you might know King Lee from his random late night appearances at the Spellcaster Lodge in New Orleans 9th ward. Or you might know him from his backup vocals on the 2006 Quintron slow jam entitled "Dream Captains". Or he might have fixed your tire at the St. Claude Tire Shop. If you are an old school cop, he might have fixed it at Danny's service station way back in the day. '
Posted: Jan 6, 2012 10:38 am

Took my wife's tire to the TIRE SHOP once, pre-Katrina. They work cheap.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®