Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / HiTone in the winter
Posted: Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm

I've been to the HiTone once back in June and sweated my balls off at the Sword show. I plan on going tomorrow nite, will it be freezing in there?? Any info would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!
Posted: Dec 12, 2011 8:05 pm

I can't think of a single time I've been in the Hi-Tone and thought, "Gee its really cold in here." And I'm there. A lot.
Posted: Dec 12, 2011 9:15 pm

I can't think of a single time I've been in the Hi-Tone and thought, "Gee its really cold in here." And I'm there. A lot.

this.

it is a thermal anomaly...it could be 10 degrees outside, but somehow it will be 84 and humid inside.
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 8:39 am

power of kang rhee.
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 11:46 am

You should feel it on stage...the heat rises.
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 11:50 am

Axl- since you haven't been in since June, we redid our heating and air situation. It'll be nice in there- to give you an idea, didn't even break a sweat at gonerfest this year. We typically turn our main heater off right before doors due to humans bringing in their own mouth breathing heat as well as the heater faces directly at the stage. Unknown Hinson actually asked us to turn everything off because it gets hot on stage during the winter. And I agree- the heat at that sword show was basically unbearable and it was the impetus behind us spending many thousands of dollars on the new system. It'll be a climate controlled 68 in there tonight.

As for your anomoly quote- you haven't thought of the human element. humans give off slightly less than 1 degree Fahrenheit per person when they enter a room. Multiply that by 175 people and, well, actually you hit terminal number that it can't go beyond or the building would start to melt. But, that's the reason it gets hot when it's 25 degrees outside. Same thing used to happen at the deli when they threw shows. and that doesnt even include musicians playing their gear which give off a ton of heat...

And yes, it can be cold as a witchs tit in there when we don't turn the heater or Pat works- trust me Im there every day.
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 1:59 pm

KANG RHEE!
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 2:36 pm

I've been to the HiTone once back in June and sweated my balls off at the Sword show. I plan on going tomorrow nite, will it be freezing in there?? Any info would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!

stay away from my axe tonight, brah. my hot riffs will totally melt your face.

i once worked at a movie theatre and the a/c went out during a showing of "Batman and Robin." the climate of the hi tone has nothing on the heat given off from angry fanboys. it was 120'F in there. it smelled like shame and clearasil.
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 11:23 am

Great news about the A/C. Now if only the sound system could be upgraded. 2 small sub boxes containing 2 fifteen inch drivers is not nearly enough low end for the venue.
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 12:57 pm

2 small sub boxes containing 2 fifteen inch drivers is not nearly enough low end for the venue.

Ugh. It's almost 2012, aren't we over the need for obscene amounts of bass in our music? Wouldn't these upgrades just lead to more dub-step shows?
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 1:21 pm

rave till dawn, y'all
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Great news about the A/C. Now if only the sound system could be upgraded. 2 small sub boxes containing 2 fifteen inch drivers is not nearly enough low end for the venue.

what are you, deaf? my ears are still ringing from last night. the sword's bass was rattling the beer cooler.
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I did not go to last nights Sword show but i did go in June. Anyway, ive been to many shows at the Hi Tone over the years. Your ears are ringing because the Hi- Tone PA is lacking......not enough speakers being overdriven.
The beer cooler is next to a wall so yes the bass will be much higher there.
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 11:35 am

okay so ^you^ went in june....why worry about a place you hardly attend?

sev -sorry, as the wine witch, i could not be in attendance to fling guts or blood at you guys- hope you had a great show - new job with early hours is weird for me !
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 12:07 pm

This is what it's come to? Talking about the temperature in the Hi-Tone?
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 2:48 pm

This is what it's come to? Talking about the temperature in the Hi-Tone?
Just wait...in a few years (if you're in a band) your fan placement will be more important than you amp placement.....and your drugs are keeping you alive rather than killing you.
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 3:02 pm

At least you still have fans and drugs, Jeff.
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Come to? Talking about the temp in the HiTone?
Practically urban legend status, my dear. Everyone has talked about it
for years.
All I care about is adequate A/C. In the winter it's hunky dory.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®