Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / G N fuckin' R
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 1:20 pm

At the DeSoto Civic Center, Dec. 5.

Anyone tempted to see this train wreck?

On the bright side, Tommy Stinson is playing with them.

I didn't like Guns and Roses when they were at their prime, but this might be amusing.

Bob's write up:
http://www.gomemphis.com/news/2011/oct/03/rock-giants-guns-n-roses-pla y-desoto-civic-center/
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 6:02 pm

wonder how long til axl bites the bucket.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 6:04 pm

i don't think buckethead is playing with them anymore
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 10:50 pm

Bummer.
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 11:45 pm

On the bright side, Tommy Stinson is playing with them.

True, but I think I'm good. I had my 'Mats itch scratched at Bruce's bbq.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 8:36 pm

buyin a ticket to this show is like buyin a lottery ticket, but I'll be there!
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 9:11 am

buyin a ticket to this show is like buyin a lottery ticket, but I'll be there!

Except that the one in a million prize you might win is a mediocre perfermance.
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 11:40 pm

no more bucket head yah but i just can't believe axl's still kickin
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Except that the one in a million prize you might win is a mediocre perfermance.
But a mediocre Axl Rose performance blows away most bands out there today.
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I would much rather see a white-haired Bob Seger on Dec. 10 than this on Dec. 5.
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I have considered this and the crowd alone would make this worthwhile.

GNR Parking Lot?
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Whoa, trip's posting of "November Rain" was so bad, I'm surprised I'm not in that band.
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 9:24 am

You don't get out of the house much, do you?
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 6:52 am

well this just got "better", Black Label Society is opening the show!
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 2:18 pm

I'd rather take a beating than see either Axl or Bob Seger.

Hmm, now here's a thought. I would pay good money to see them in the Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 3:42 pm

With Gen Admission on the floor mixed with 2 rock bands, BLS' biker following, Axl's reputation for causing riots, the three-four hour wait between bands (gives people longer time to get really liquored up and pissed off) I think that beating could be found. Although I cannot guarantee the same excitement of danger at the Bob Seger show.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 4:45 pm

with the plethora of "Ive been playing guitar since tuesday" bands out there these days, he might get out quite a lot.
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 5:32 pm

Well, this year I got out quite a bit. You see there was Motorhead back in May, The Sword back in June, and Black Label Society in October. In December, you got GnR with BLS and the Sword will be back at the Hi Tone on Dec 13th. It was a good year so far for hard rock as opposed to all the crap and rappists out there today.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 12:41 pm

my wife just got $16 tix off of groupon. no fees. thought i'd let folks know
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 3:52 pm

yeah, groupon offers. me thinks this tour is underselling.
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 5:41 pm

free tix on the radio shows
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 9:07 pm

yea free tix is the way to go. but my kid wants to see the circus /trainwreck that is the axl show, so $16 ain't bad.

hell, i wish every show used groupon. great deal.

now if i could find cheap tix for tso my youngest would be thrilled. heavy metal jingle bells, can't beat it.
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 9:34 pm

Posted: Dec 4, 2011 7:07 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 4:43 pm

"Production issues?" Any of you musician-types got any ideas what that might mean?
Posted: Dec 7, 2011 5:22 pm

he's a flaky mf?
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 9:21 am

"Production issues?" Any of you musician-types got any ideas what that might mean?
Low ticket sales....
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 12:30 pm

Here's the thing with "production issues".... there is absolutely NO WAY that the DCC didn't know ahead of time what the production for the show was especially considering Axl's past. They got a tech rider, an input list and we're certainly made aware of pyrotechnic issues way in advance. You can't sign a contract and not know these things. Some have said that it was pyrotechnics that led to the cancellation which I call bullshit. If I have to wager money on it, it was the lowest (or close to) guarantee on the tour and the tickets weren't selling at face value quick enough to meet the demands of either the band or the promoter or both (probably the case that both agreed to cancel). You don't get that fat without a whole lot of money to shove everything non-moving on this planet down your facehole.
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 1:33 pm

Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Low ticket sales....
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 2:03 pm

Here's the thing with "production issues".... there is absolutely NO WAY that the DCC didn't know ahead of time what the production for the show was especially considering Axl's past.

Did you read the Danzig @Funfunfun Fest story?
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 5:41 pm

it was gonna be an empty arena, thus the ticket give aways everytime you turned around
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 10:37 pm

Did you read the Danzig @Funfunfun Fest story?

What's not metal about demanding french onion soup?
Or complaining that the brisk autumn weather(76F) will hurt your sensitive pipes?
Muthaaa!
Posted: Dec 9, 2011 3:36 pm

It was likely the poor ticket sales. I happened to check Ticketmaster last week and G/A floor tix were still available.

however...

In previous shows - GnR didnt take the stage until at least 10:30 and still putting on a 3 hour set. This would mean the DCC would be open well past midnight which is probably against code in Southaven, just like it is in Oxford.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®