Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / MEMPHIS DEF TONZ!!!
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm

From the Cooper Young Festival website...
This years line-up features Shawn Cripp's band...

MEMPHIS DEF TONZ

Memphis is home to several of rock's most endearingly offkilter rock storytellers, from Jim Dickinson to Jeffrey Evans to Ross Johnson. To that list, one can now add Shawn Cripps, leader of The Limes.
On the band's debut full-length, Rhinestone River, (Out August 24, 2010 on Goner Records) Cripps
retains the musical talents of Harlan T. Bobo, who previously helped on The Limes' Rock 'n' Roll Heart single. Bobo's hypnotic keyboards perfectly complement Cripps's gritty guitar work and vocals, particularly on "Sounds Like a Shimmy." Rhinestone River also features contributions by Memphis scene stalwarts Ross Johnson, Paul Buchignani (Afghan Whigs, Bobo's backing band), Alicja Trout (Lost Sounds, River City Tanlines) and Bruce Saltmarsh ('68 Comeback, Porch Ghouls).

http://www.deftonz.com/

Awesome!
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm not sure what is funnier/worse: the egregiousness of this error, or the actual line-up of the festival itself, which blows.
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Harlan T. Bobo
Bruce Saltmarsh ('68 Comeback, Porch Ghouls).
They also left out that these two guys play in another band with J.D. Sutton (Nobunny)...
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/new-life/Content?oid=3036361
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 5:20 pm

an honest mistake for which I have already been reprimanded
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Wasn't picking at you; I've just started to really enjoy this stuff, and think I'm going to just make shit up from now on:
Robin Pack (STAAGS!, Alice in Chains)
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 5:54 pm

i am looking good in the photo though!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Robin Pack (STAAGS!, Alice in Chains)
this is a good game. i'll go....

Severin Allgood (Hosoi Bros, Guns N Roses)
Posted: Aug 28, 2011 5:19 pm

wait, so am i stuck with this Bruce Saltmarsh ('68 Comeback, Porch Ghouls) or can i change it to Bruce Saltmarsh (Aquafuzz, Def Tonz)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®