Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / neils bar burnt up late last night
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 4:52 pm

sad - but how bad is it?
- haven't been into midtown today, i hear their building next door is fine.
i haven't been in there since my old bogies boss had his birthday there two years ago and i noticed their ceiling in the band room was black and fuzzy
(i have been told that the fuzz was "insulation")
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 5:25 pm

I just drove past there but didn't know about this so I wasn't looking. Certainly if it was an entirely charred ruin I would've taken notice.
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 6:55 pm

Where will the fat man rock?
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 6:57 pm

and will there still be free beer tomorrow?
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 7:58 pm

Im pretty sure setting that place on fire was the only way to clean it
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 10:59 am

I was hoping that stupid "free beer tomorrow" fence would burn down so that the creative minds at Neils would have to come up with something different.
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 11:04 am

they'll have to finda new ploy to lure unsuspecting tourists in "best bbq"no more
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm

walked by today looks kinda normal from the front but all the windows are burnt black- murphys is double freak beacon now.
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 10:24 am

Im pretty sure setting that place on fire was the only way to clean it

ha. that's pretty much what i said to my dad when he texted me that the place had burned down.
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Looks like it is not only closed, but its going to get torn down.

http://ygdg.ed0.biz/news/2011/oct/27/midtown-site-in-flux-as-neils-pla ns-move/

I won't really miss it, but I would hate to see an empty field like Anderton's old spot
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 5:12 pm

That place pretty much catered to philistines. "And de walls come tumblin' down"
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 11:33 pm

It was the best sounding room in Memphis. Definitely dirty but I had no idea vinyl was using that as criteria. Richard is the coolest sound guy in Memphis. Definitely a shame tThat the shitty crowd in there kept it from getting cooler bands and people in there. I actually did a set for the benefit there the night before. Warned them that I left the stage still smoldering but no one would listen. Ha! Maybe because my set was so weird and bad. Hasn't stopped from using that cheesy joke about a thousand times since.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®