Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / gonerific disabled memphis adventures?
Posted: Jul 6, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey all,
my bro in law is coming into town in a few weeks. He's confined to a motorized wheelchair. Any good sights in town that are handicapped friendly? Wondering if we can easily get him into the hitone or sun studios, mostly. But if y'all know of any great places to go with ramps and wide spaces, lemme know. I expect a nice afternoon at overton at least.
Posted: Jul 6, 2011 11:01 pm

i think at sun he can go in through the old secretary's office door, hi tone probably around back, stax is accessible as well as gibson
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 6:23 am

cool. haven't done stax yet since I moved here, so that's good to know. Thanks!
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 9:26 am

Definitely do Stax!
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 10:44 am

STAX IS THE BEST!!!
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 10:46 am

At Sun he'll miss half of the 45 minute tour in the upstairs museum, he will get to go into the actual studio room.
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 11:12 am

seriously? I thought stax was supposed to be super touristy and a not very legit experience. That's cool if my assumptions are wrong. I'm getting geeked about the in law visit!!!
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 1:10 pm

Stax rules.
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 1:23 pm

Stax is a MUST do. Place is flat out amazing. Just tell us in advance and we can open either one of the back doors for you at the Hi-Tone. Shelby Farms would probably be pretty cool for him. A game at Autozone Park might be cool (in the non-literal sense).
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 1:54 pm

Stax rules. It's Graceland you want to avoid.
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 2:09 pm

I thought Graceland was pretty awesome. Took one of the last pictures of my dad ever there, so you know. ;( I'm aware that it's an overcommercialized bastion of excess and not something I ever want to do more than once, as opposed to the motown museum & sun studios.

anywho I'm sure the lame debate about the quality of various memphis tourist attractions has raged since the beginning of goner so i will now blanket all of you in a soft flame-retardant internet suit.

can't wait to see my brother from my other mother. he's a rad dude.
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 5:55 pm

Stax was assembled / curated / whatevered by the Smithsonian people... they know what they're doing in that museum biz. DO IT.
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 10:20 am

There doesn't seem to be any debate. STAX fucking rules. If you have any positive feelings about music, you will love STAX!
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 10:43 am

Smithsonian people did a fine job with Rocknsoul Museum. However, local yokels did Stax Museum.
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 11:48 am

DEBATE!
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 12:51 pm

AMENDED: Stax was assembled / curated / whatevered by the local yokels... they know what they're doing in that museum biz.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®