Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / And again...
Posted: May 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Posted: May 24, 2011 1:52 pm

When you look at all of the factors combined in these rankings, you'll see that Memphis could have ZERO murders for an entire year and still make the top ten. These rankings take into account "Violent Crimes". These crimes include, but are not limited to, home invasions. These figures are culled from Insurance companies and any property owner who claims over $1,000 in property stolen is listed in the violent section. Memphis' rate of Insurance claims as part of its' Violent Crimes quotient is abnormally high versus the other cities on this list (3-4x). This was printed in the CA two years ago for the first time and I haven't seen the breakdown printed in public since (maybe for a lack of looking on my part).
Anyways, I'm not belittling a serious problem, just stating that these lists/ rankings are very skewed in their data. Numbers can lie when you let humans fidget with them.
Posted: May 25, 2011 1:48 pm

All of those rankings are stupid and don't mean shit. Its pretty easy to avoid violent crime here because we are so spread out geographically. You would think from that ranking that there isn't a safe place left in Memphis... complete bullshit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®