Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Go Grizz!!!
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 7:03 pm

winning their first playoff game........ EVER!!!

SWEET!!!
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 7:34 pm

It's great for the Grizz to get this out of the way. I'm getting really excited about this playoff run.
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Awesome! Braves fan wouldn't leave it on in the bar in the ATL. Mets won. Yay.
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 1:00 am

this game was aweomseesdscs
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Still giddy!
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Is tonight's game on regular tv?
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 4:40 pm

quick look says nba network, not sure about another channel, tnt tbs maybe(?)
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 5:10 pm

grizzlies.com says Fox Sports Tennesse ?
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Damnit! Its not listed in my guide! Although, there is a Tyler Perry House of Payne marathon on tonight...
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 5:48 pm

hemant, do you have direct tv? if so it's channel 657
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm | Edited by: hemant

nope... good old basic tv-ready cable.
House of Payne can't be that bad, right?

But, Maybe I'll check out a watching party somewhere.
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:27 pm

welcome to the internet, y'all. please send the checks you previously sent to comcast,
c/o rayultine
hxxp://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/10
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:33 pm

That other link is freezing up for me, but I found this one:
http://extremegoal.weebly.com/channel-2.html
Posted: Apr 23, 2011 10:55 am | Edited by: free plax

I got the wife tickets for tonights game for our anniversary! She's even taking me with the second ticket I bought her!

Go Grizz!
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 12:21 am

Z-Bo!
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Holy WOW!
The forum rocked last night
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 8:24 pm | Edited by: eric o

if you can buy tickets for monday, I would do it.

watching steve kerr storm off the court because the forum was too loud after the game was almost the highlight.

from tim duncan airballing his 1st free throw as the first shot of the game on, it was amazing.
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 8:37 pm

I can't find four together! Would it be a bad thing to let my 11 year sit by people he doesn't know in a different section?
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 8:43 pm

anyone ever use stubb hubb? cool?
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 9:08 pm

stubhub is good. expensive but good
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 10:15 pm

gonna be there tomorrow, hollerin from the nosebleeds
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 10:26 pm | Edited by: free plax

if you can buy tickets for monday, I would do it.

In a fucking heartbeat. Can't tell you how much fun the game was. Crowd was twice as good as any Tiger game I've been to and I love Tiger games. Apples and Oranges, I know but the crowd was amazing. I'm working the rest of the games this series but I'll be going to at least two games next round if they make it. I think they will.

stubhub is good. expensive but good

I got our tickets through StubHub. Expensive but worth every penny. There really isn't a bad seat at FedEx Forum so don't think that sitting in row C on the Terrace level is any better than row Y. We sat, center court in the highest possible seats (row Y,) had a great view of the action and were able to swing our Growl Towels without worry about hitting folks behind us.

That said, Cole, the game is not sold out and tickets are cheaper when you buy them direct. Looking now, there are $34 tickets in Scetion 226, Row Y. Thats a little less than half what I payed and you'd be about 10 seats away from where we sat. Pull the trigger.

http://forummemphis.com/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=1563303&venueID=165 4
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 10:55 pm

got tickets for me and my son. Going to be a great night!

Go Grizz!!!
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Ka-Pow!Thank you.
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:08 pm

got tickets for me and my son. Going to be a great night!

That's great Jerry. This was my first NBA playoff game since i went with my pops during the Bad Boy Pistons final against the Blazers. Don't have too many great memories spent with the old man but that was one of em.

Bring the boy by my work after the game. I'll totally serve him some of the Delerium.
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:10 pm | Edited by: rayultine

holy shizz,
free plax we are bad boys brethren.

my dad was too cheap to get playoff tickets, but we went to televised road game at the Palace!
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:14 pm

*all the games
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

My first playoff games were the earlier Grizz ones. Not a lot of good memories there. Loved the bad boys of Detroit.
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Ka-Pow!Thank you.

Cole, you taking the kids?
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Yeah 3 of 'em anyway. One has a golf tournament.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 1:08 am

Game 3 was the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event. I didn't know if it could top the 2008 Memphis-Tennessee game for atmosphere, but it definitely did. I'm so glad I went.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Saturday night was pretty funny; at Murphys, an early show was booked and some young guns wanted to start at 9:00 on the dot.
Grizzlies game was on, and they had to wait.
"Just be glad it's not going into overtime, dudes. That TV is not going to get turned off."
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Headin' out! Go Grizz!
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 6:47 pm

the links for streaming the last game seem to be down at the moment. anyone got other links to stream the game?
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 10:34 pm

if you can't figure out myp2pforum.eu you should probably just invest in cable tv.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 10:48 pm

I don't know what to say. Cole I hope you had as great a time as you thought you would. What a follow up to the best sports environment I'd ever seen (Game 3). Go Grizz!
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 11:05 pm

on a happier note, this was an amazing amazing game. text msg from my mom:

"wow spurs look like old men & grizzlies look like young ponies"
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Cole I hope you had as great a time as you thought you would

Yeah, I did have a great time. Kids did too. Is it weird to feel a community spirit about a place where you don't live?
I love Memphis more every time I go.
I hope you guys appreciate the unique identity of your city.
I bitched so much when the Grizz started getting rid of everyone. I was wrong. This team is scrappy and fun as hell to watch. The second half was a clinic. How great is it that Shane is back? The guy just does so many things that don't count on the stat sheet, but are invaluable.
This team is going to be a tough out for anyone.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Wow. That was insane!! Unfortunately, my son was too sick to go so beccs had to take his place. great energy, great crowd!

and yeah, that third quarter was a clinic. Spurs punked out and gave up early on in the fourth.

Then got to sit across from Kevin McHale at hueys. Couldn't bother him for a picture while he was enjoying his food cause that's just rude. But still cool to see a childhood hero.
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:09 am

Really, really great game. Grizz took it to 'em in the 3rd Quarter and just stifled the Spurs, and then, Game Over.

Not as crazed an atmosphere as on Saturday but people were into it! 100+ decibels crowd noise... YES!

Finish them off, Grizzlies! Let's go!
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:13 am

Complete domination in the second half. It was so great to see the bench come in during the third quarter and run the Spurs off the floor.
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:52 am

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Then there is this, the back of Tony Allens head yesterday afternoon before he shaved it
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Tony-Allen-s-amazi ng-short-lived-Memphis-Grizzl?urn=nba-wp2011
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 11:33 pm

uggggggggggggggggh
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 11:41 pm

I know man, they were so close tonight. It was a great game though. Zack was awesome. Damn, I love the playoffs.
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Argh. They played great. Should have won. Argh.
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 12:50 am

It's okay, y'all! They'll win at home on Friday which will be way more fun for all parties involved. They still retain home court advantage, and they've worn down the old men a little bit more. Grizzlies in 6. You can bet on it.
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 9:53 am

Yeah! They really did nothing wrong last night except maybe let 'em inbound the ball for the 3, but dude had to hit a crazy shot with no time. Came back from 16 down to almost win it... they've still got the Spurs scared.

FRIDAY!
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 10:29 am

Why are coaches in Memphis scared to call for a foul when up 3 and just seconds left on the clock?

Well, the Spurs now have to come back to Memphis, home of the "Grillies".
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Gasol has a tendency to disappear late in the game, while Randolph comes alive at the same time. I was getting increasingly frustrated seeing Gasol out by the 3-point line late in the game. Of course, I would have never thought they would have even been IN a game where Mike Conley led all Grizzlies in scoring by a wide margin at halftime.

That performance by Zach Randolph late in the game deserved a win. He was a one-man wrecking crew in the fourth quarter and most of OT. It was great to watch.
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Why are coaches in Memphis scared to call for a foul when up 3 and just seconds left on the clock?

I was wondering the same thing--I just knew they were going to foul. If you're EVER going to foul with a 3-point lead, that was probably the time. Of course, he probably only hits that shot one out every 10 or 15 times, so I can understand wanting it to come down to one contested, off-balance three. If he made a wide-open three, I think I would be even more put off by the decision to not foul.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 10:01 am

There's a bunch of stuff wrong with that last play, but it happened, they made the shot, we should have won but didn't.

Tonight we have a new game to burn out their tired legs and take it to the next level.

GO GRIZZ!

ps don't let matt bonner hit 3s.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I understand the not fouling in that situation. With that little time left on the clock, any foul in the NBA would have been an in the act shot. Better to take your luck with Gary freaking Neal hitting a fadeaway 30 footer than put someone (not named Darius Washington) on the line. That said, they had to get ridiculously luck to win a must win at home.
The Spurs will be toast by 10:20pm CST tonight!
GO GRIZZ!
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 11:49 pm

best sports moment ever. period.
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 12:08 am

It's Z-Bo's world, we just watch him play basketball in it.
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 1:15 am

You won't find a better fit between b-ball player and city than Z-Bo and Memphis.
That guy plays ball in a way that just fits. Hard working.... just out working everyone else when he has to. Goddamn this is fun to watch.
Posted: May 1, 2011 12:29 pm

great feed here, y'all
hxxp://www.sports-billet.eu/nba1.html
Posted: May 1, 2011 12:34 pm

or you can try abc
Posted: May 1, 2011 3:10 pm

oh snap. I didn't realize it was on network tv. Yeah it looks a little better on the big screen!
Posted: May 1, 2011 10:40 pm

I'd say not even amazing win. We beat them the entire time. After we came out and dominated from the start I realized that this was not the Spurs. OKC is a good team and they can win games but they don't have the defense to deal with the Grizzlies offense. At least not yet.

Should be a great series... for the Grizzlies!
Posted: May 2, 2011 10:31 am

A few of the observations that the national media missed while fawning over OKC-
- OKC no longer has a power structure on the court they had last year. Westbrooks want to take over the team is a joke and could have long lasting implications with Durant.
- when you have the best player in the league (Durant) if he doesn't touch the ball everytime down the court, that's idiotic. Even Scottie Pippen knew that.
- the addition of Perkins, while nice in theory, won't pay dividends until next year. Too soon to be coming off an ACL tear to stop ZBo.
- they've never won a series until this year- like us- and it showed in the 1st half.
- Perk is their only veteran presence. We have ZBo, TA and Battier. That's a huge factor in the playoffs.
GO GRIZZ!!!
Posted: May 2, 2011 11:02 pm

Current Bostonian/former Memphian chiming in- word around Beantown is that Perk's injury is worse than it looks on paper, they knew it, and they were desperate to get rid of him. Z-Bo is gonna own his ass in this series.
Posted: May 7, 2011 11:21 am

I've got the yellow headband on already. I've heard rumors that the Growl Towels will be yellow for this round and when we advance, their might be blue headbands for the next round. This is due to the the fact that we might have hooked up with the Lakers (sorry Mehr) and they didn't want the yellow to confuse folks. Not sure what it means that we'll be playing the Mavs now.

We're gonna win so much!
Posted: May 7, 2011 1:04 pm

Grit Grind and Heart!!!
Dispatch these fools!
Posted: May 7, 2011 7:52 pm

nice comeback, would have been better if zbo hit the three, but will take the overtime win
Posted: May 7, 2011 11:11 pm

the fact that we might have hooked up with the Lakers (sorry Mehr)

uumm, Ryan, you don't need to apologize for the fact that the lakers suck and won't make it to the conference finals.
Posted: May 9, 2011 1:38 pm

I was wearing my I (heart) Kobe shirt today that Mehr gave me, trying to support the boys in gold and purple... wait, what happened?
Posted: May 9, 2011 3:53 pm

Heading downtown for the game soon. Gonna pick up one of Chris Vernon's Z-Bo shirts to wear for the game.

Hope Bob is feeling a little better today. Hope he's forgiven me for my comment on Facebook. Slept with an axe handle under my pillow last night just in case he decided to go all Bynum on me.
Posted: May 9, 2011 10:29 pm

Is there a live online feed for this?
Posted: May 9, 2011 10:55 pm

tnt
Posted: May 10, 2011 1:26 am

Dear Grizz,
That was over four fucking hours.
Not to mention pre-game and everything.
Stronger, over-confident men have petered out over less.
It's 2 & 2, and we're still with you.
Just beat them in their fucking faces in OKC.
There is no good reason for Oklahoma. Even that musical sucked.
Posted: May 10, 2011 8:26 am

westbrook is my new nba enemy
Posted: May 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Westbrook sucks. Kendrick Perkins (and apparently his people) suck.

But, did witness this class move by Durant: After the game, he came out to see the OKC fans for a sec. While he was leaving a girl grabbed him to take a picture with him and her friend taking the shot took a second to get it. Security started aggressively getting in-between the camera guy and the girl. Durant told the the Security guy to back off and let them get the shot.

Didn't have to do that after 4 hours of jumping up and down.

Anyway, tough game.
Posted: May 10, 2011 12:42 pm

westbrook is my new nba enemy

Yeah, he is the epitome of an athlete whose opinion of himself is far greater than his actual talent. Smug as hell and one of the most selfish players I've ever seen. Durant is too nice or timid to say anything (publicly, at least). I would probably despise him even more if I were a Thunder fan.
Posted: May 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Next time, can one of our bigs please knock Westbrook on his ass when he drives to the lane for another lay-up? At least try to make him think twice about it?

Pick and roll defense was pretty bad last night. I think Nazr Muhammad is still getting uncontested dunks as we speak.

Tough loss but a hell of a good time. Still like our chances to advance.
Posted: May 10, 2011 1:47 pm

the grizz might want to pull a 'sweep the leg johnny' move on westbrook.

just sayin'
Posted: May 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Is selfishness in the water at 2008-era UCLA? He and Kevin Love are the worst in the NBA at this and they played together.

Hate Westbrook. Time for the Grizz to start knocking him on his ass.
Posted: May 10, 2011 9:17 pm

I think Nazr Muhammad is still getting uncontested dunks as we speak.

i lol'ed
Posted: May 10, 2011 11:53 pm

They screwed up last night. That's it.. nice run.
Posted: May 12, 2011 9:48 am

We got one more shot. Then, maybe one more shot.

OKC went 4 minutes without scoring in the 1st quarter. They're no machine. We really needed the 3OT game, but they still need to beat us one more time.

Still looking forward to cheering for the Grizz. What a year!

ONE MORE WIN! PUSH IT TO SEVEN!
Posted: May 12, 2011 11:44 am | Edited by: sixelsix

I wonder if/why offensive rebounding is outside of this team's belief system.

Aside from that, they ARE putting up a hell of a fight, last night notwithstanding.

OKC went 4 minutes without scoring in the 1st quarter. They're no machine.

Agreed.
Posted: May 12, 2011 2:54 pm

I wonder if/why offensive rebounding is outside of this team's belief system.

I think it has to do with spacing the way we score. Since we go down low so much the other big has to get out of the way to avoid bringing his guy into being able to defend the ball and his man. Then it's harder for that forward to get close to the rim to get offensive rebounds.

Maybe. I'm no basketball theorist.
Posted: May 12, 2011 3:16 pm

basketball theorist

New Sector Zero song?
Posted: May 13, 2011 12:26 am

basketball theorist

New tenure track at Tiger High
Posted: May 14, 2011 12:43 am

Grizz!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®