Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Coliseum nuttiness...
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Both options...so Memphis.

Jerry Lawler and Donald Trump want to turn it into a WWE wrestling museum AND a Jerry Lawler deli. What the fuck? The Donald was here today announcing this at a press conference!

Mayor Wharton wants to raze it and turn it into...MAYWOOD! Seriously, wants to rebuild Maywood there. White sand beach, and everything. I love AC, but where did he come up with this nutty idea? I frequented Maywood as a child, and it's not some kind of middle of the city thing. Wonder if he wants to build the pavillion with the jukebox and the hamburger stand too?

Thoughts from you preservationists? Or...any kind of thoughts...
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 7:42 pm

I'ma give gonerboard first crack at my bridge....
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Mayor Wharton is crazy. Putting a giant "beach" in the middle of the city is a huge liability, unless he's going to ask every customer to sign a waiver of some sort.

I say (assuming this isn't some publicity stunt a la "show me the birth certificate, Obama,"), if Donald Trump is willing to pour money into Memphis, it's an idea that has potential. It's ridiculous that Memphis' wrestling history hasn't been memorialized with a museum yet.

The question becomes this- if Donald's plans become a reality, what happens to the area around the Coliseum? If he wants to make it a tourist destination, chances are high that he'll buy up all the property in the area, gut it, and put Atlantic City smack dab in the middle of Memphis. And if you think I'm going out on a limb, look at pretty much everything else the man has ever done. There's no way that Donald Trump is going to invest a lot of money into something that's bordered on all sides by low to mid-income residences.

There's also this article, where he basically threatens to do so: "I'm still the number-one developer in New York. I'm the biggest in Atlantic City. And maybe now Memphis."

http://kentuckyfriedwrestling.com/theword2/jerry-lawler-donald-trump-t o-buy-mid-south-coliseum-turn-historic-arena-into-innovative-timeshare -resort/
Posted: Apr 16, 2011 3:07 pm

....Man have i been inundated with offers, but i really would like a Memphian to own this fine bridge (I own both bridges, but really only want to sell the "New" one(I-40) as the "Old" one (I-55) has sentimental value. Please contact me via the board...C'mon Memphis! Don't make me sell to Trump!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®