Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Visiting Memphis
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 10:23 am

Good morning,

I'll be traveling to Memphis for the 1st time this wknd, leaving tomorrow AM and staying through Monday. Would be interested in hearing about any interesting goings-on, including shows, music destinations, etc. Also planning a day trip down to Oxford.

We'll of course be visiting Goner Records.

Thanks !

Lc.
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 11:10 am

Record Store Day is Saturday! The Limes and The Manatees are playin'. There really isn't much going on in Oxford. Just local bands. There's some encore screenings of the winners and favorites of the Oxford Film Festival Friday and Saturday night at the Lyric, if your into that kind of thing.
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am

If it's a day trip, just check out the square. Square books is a cool bookstore. The 14th at 6 they are recording Thacker Mountan radio at off square books. They have a couple of authors and a rockabilly singer.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 8:40 am

Also planning a day trip down to shoot myself in the head.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

City Champs Saturday night at the Hi-Tone w/ The Hook-Up.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm

If you're up for a show tonight, Sin City Scoundrels are playing Minglewood 1884 Lounge on Madison.

's gonna be schmancy.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Scott, what's this all about? Not a fan of Oxford?
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Search for Chico Harris, that'll probably answer your question.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Graceland Too, which is in Holly Springs, which is between Memphis and Oxford. Although I went last time I was in town (a year or so ago?), and Paul's gotten way, way weirder than he used to be. He handed me a tiny loaded pistol, swore it was bestowed upon him by the Marshall County Sheriff, and then snatched it away really quickly, after promising that he could knock me up in two seconds flat. (I left.)
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 1:16 am

Make sure you see The Limes and buy their record! It's amazing.
Posted: Apr 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Scott, what's this all about? Not a fan of Oxford?

Why do you ask, just because I'd rather shoot myself in the head than go there?
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 11:15 am

You can possibly catch an authentic "Memphis Strand" of syphilis at the Buccaneer Lounge. Just strike up a conversation with any random stranger, and you're halfway there!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®