| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / This is a RACIST forum
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 2:55 am

Posted: Mar 26, 2011 5:07 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

A quick whois:
Administrative Contact:
Email: Support@MemphisRacism.com
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 8:41 am | Edited by: rayultine

both of those links lead to tired, vague articles that sound like freshman pol sci papers.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 11:39 am

Wow- of all the stupid fucking things to post in this forum, that might just take the cake. Yes, there is racism everywhere but I'd like to think that midtown Memphis is immune to such idiocy. Go find people who actually need to read that, douchebag. And you're handle speaks louder than you're words. Go screw.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Fucking honkeys.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 1:36 pm

both of those links lead to tired, vague articles that sound like freshman pol sci papers.

- at best. I got as far as the claim that Detroit's "problems...started with the decisions that politicians made thirty years ago" Thirty years ago? if only.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 3:17 pm

Go find people who actually need to read that

bradx anyone?

sambeaux anyone?

There are Countless others.

Do you even read this forum?

Fuck you.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 3:24 pm

What's up with the banner? You've got Frederick Douglass, a couple of slaveowners, and Reagan and Bush 2. That's weird.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah it's weird.

I'm not with them.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 4:52 pm

well thanks anyway for the directing us to these hot essays that are taking the sociology world by storm!
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 4:56 pm | Edited by: rayultine

bradx anyone?
sambeaux anyone?

wait, so you're spending time linking this garbage because you have a problem with two dudes on an internet message board?

Who cares anyway? I would think if you took a cross section of any music-related forum on the internets, you're going to find a bit of racism. Why don't you call bradx and sambeaux out in real life instead? oh wait, because you're a troll who's going to disappear precisely when this thread does.
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 5:04 pm

I would think if you took a cross section of any music-related forum on the internets, you're going to find a bit of racism. Why don't you call bradx and sambeaux out in real life instead?

Because that would be way too practical and possibly productive, and internet trolls have no time for such nonsense.
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 4:24 am

I like both SAMBEAUX & bradx.
Which Fat Possum release do I need to buy to prove I'm not racist?

P.S. I have a joke:
Q: What happened when jesus went to mount olive?
A: Popeye kicked his ass.
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Q: What happened when jesus went to mount olive?
A: Popeye kicked his ass.

hahahahhahahhahahhahahahah!!!! my favorite new joke! : )
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 12:53 pm

That joke does kill. Since I live in MS, I wanted to make sure I'm not racist...so I bought this

http://www.discogs.com/Elaine-Brown-Seize-The-Time-Black-Panther-Party /release/2373703
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Elaine Brown is an asshole. I got in a huge argument with her when I was 21. And I won the argument, too.
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 5:07 pm

racist!
Posted: Mar 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Im just kidding. I don't even know who she is. I just googled black panther lp. I read about 1 paragraph of her wiki and got bored.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 12:06 am

She has a pretty interesting, awesome history. COINTELPRO made her paranoid, methinks. Cos she's meeeean.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 7:27 am

She has a pretty interesting, awesome history.

I'd like to read more about her early years, specifically her politicization by this white married writer dude. What's his story?
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 10:48 am

I'm not a racist! Some of my best friends are white people!
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 10:50 am

Actually, I know way more racist people from Atlanta so by that argument, they are the bigger racists.
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 11:05 am

Wait, is that you Redbone?
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 11:09 am

In NYC, racial homogeneity is just as sought after, but using the preference of "good neighborhood schools" allows liberals cover for the same self-segregation that Southern white suburbanites get called racists for practicing. It's about the same in NYC as it it is in most "progressive" metropolitan areas of the Northeast.

NYC Demographic 2010 Map:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5559914315/

Memphis, TN Demographic 2010 Map:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/4982025418/in/set-7215762481267 4967/
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Wow, cool maps. Thanks for posting.

What stands out to me the most about that map, besides the evidence pointing to the fact that Memphis is no more segregated than anywhere else in the country, is how sparsely populated the city is. Huge chunks of the city are apparently abandoned, and the color is a lot lighter than in other cities. I mean, obviously Memphis isn't going to be as densely populated as New York, Boston or LA, but Memphis looks especially sparse. It's not especially surprising news, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Here's the guy's updated version of the Memphis photo, posted 3 days ago:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5560473024/
Posted: Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Do you even read this forum?

Seriously, you called me out before senor boogie woogie and Rumpleforeskin?
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 9:50 am

In NYC, racial homogeneity is just as sought after, but using the preference of "good neighborhood schools" allows liberals cover for the same self-segregation that Southern white suburbanites get called racists for practicing. It's about the same in NYC as it it is in most "progressive" metropolitan areas of the Northeast.

NYC Demographic 2010 Map:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5559914315/

Memphis, TN Demographic 2010 Map:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/4982025418/in/set-7215762481267 4967/

"Red is White, Blue is Black, Green is Asian, Orange is Hispanic, Yellow is Other, and each dot is 25 residents.

Shouldn't the asians have been assigned the yellow dots?
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am

Shouldn't the hindus have the red dots?
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 10:10 am

I am deathly afraid of Other. If that Yellow dot gets more intense, I'm outta here.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®