Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Shane Is Back!
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Trading Thabeet for Battier! Wow!

Don't really know why they were trying to get rid of OJ when Rudy's gone but he's here for now... it's gonna be tough getting into the playoffs, hopefully Shane can help. And definitely helps with the PR.

GO GRIZZ!
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 9:07 pm | Edited by: Cole

I'm really glad Shane is back. Love that guy. Really great dude. My kids used to get his autograph so much that they got sick of him. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he went into politics or something one day.
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Normally it would be an impossibility to not HATE a guy who played high school ball at Detroit Country Day and college ball at Duke but I really like Battier.

Shame to waste the 2nd pick in the draft and give up another first rounder just to get rid of him but it's a great move for the Grizz.
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 8:58 am

Suddenly we have a second team! When Rudy comes back, watch out.

Congrats Hamed Haddadi on his first double double!
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 8:45 am

wish i was at the forum last night. we beat the spurs by 16? what?
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 8:51 am

DOMINATED the spurs. Yep!
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 10:11 am | Edited by: heyradio

Your Memphis Grizz beat the Mavs and Thunder in back-to-back nights. That's the West's 2nd and 4th place teams.

Grizzlies are playing some great ball right now, even with Gay, Rudy out.
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 2:45 pm

This is the best team the Grizzlies have ever put on the court. Battier is a nice compliment to this team and we actually have a bench now. When Rudy gets back we're going to be tough. A 6 seed in the west is very much in our sights. Plus, unlike all other years, we have a man's team now with Zach, Sam, Crazy Tony Allen, Battier, Marc. Those dudes have absolutely no problem banging with anyone in the league.
Go Grizz!
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 8:02 pm

They gotta keep winning, but yeah, exciting team!
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 9:38 pm

Getting through March is the key cause April's schedule sets up very well for the Grizz
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 9:51 pm

Tonight, Dampier and Big Z combined to have the same total line as a typical Thabeet game:

2 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 2 pf

good luck even getting to the eastern conference finals with useless big men, miami bitches.

GO GRIZZ!!!
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 8:08 am

BIG game tonight. Should be around 15,000 in the FedExForum. If you can get tickets, should be a rockin' time.

Tony Allen vs Carmello... oh boy.

Go Grizz.
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 2:21 pm

Shane even gettin' on the Rome show tomorrow. Grizz on fire!
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 10:55 pm

beautiful game, brutal ending
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 11:27 pm

A turning point in the season: TA is tweeting now. Tweets crazier than his game!
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am

beginning with

"Its me corleone 1st tweet in my life"

onto

"Aint gone s**t , shave or bath tell I see better dayz lol,,, I'm in grind mode, go grizzlies"

it's on!
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 1:37 pm

My understanding is that getting rid of OJ is not performance based but a personal matter. Not sure that I can tell details, if I can I will return with the hot gossip.
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 2:50 pm

He got his ass whupped by TA and he can't play defense. That's all the hot gossip I need.
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 8:35 pm

hey, any of you doing Tour de Grizz? Last year was really fun!
Posted: Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Well fair enough, ok then
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 10:41 am

no "juicy" details Lacey? Dang!
Posted: Apr 8, 2011 10:27 pm

and so are the Grizz, IN THE PLAYOFFS!@#!#@!
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 8:26 pm

"Everybody in this league you talk to will tell you the Grizzlies are going to be a very difficult out in the playoffs," Brown said by phone, "No matter who they play, no matter how they are matched up, they will be tough."

HUBIE!
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 10:23 pm

The Playoffs.
Hamed Haddadi get ready to play 38 a night buddy.
Stay in 8th place and roll on the Spurs.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®