Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Best cheeseburger in Memphis
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Dont say Hueys. Maybe this belongs in the Food and Drink thread. Maybe there is a thread there already.

Of course the soul burger. And the cheeseburger from the corner store on Eparkway and central that burned down. My new favorite is from Allstars Jumbo Cheesesteaks on N. Cleveland. Whats some freak nasty shit offered on burgers here? Sketchy location/meat is a plus. Discuss.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 3:22 pm

alex's tavern at about 5 am
their burgers really are the tits!
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 4:33 pm

yep. Soul Burger.
love a Belmont Burger add the kitchen sink.
Tops makes a great one too.
of course, the Hi-Tone's doesn't suck either.....
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Tops is my favorite. Cheeseburger with mayo and onions. Cures anything.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm partial to the burgers at Murphy's. Nothing fancy, but good meat, and the price is right. Go on Saturday afternoon when Candice is working.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 6:51 pm | Edited by: memoryman

Shit, just realized Candice doesn't work @ Murphs anymore. Disregard that part. Still good eats.
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 11:06 am

Patty melts count too. Adding hashbrowns to the CKs patty melt rules. I'll have to try the Tops burger.Gotta be more!
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Soul Burger - be careful, i used to be the butcher at the place that sold EH their meat. I would describe the rankness that goes into that burger but dont wana vomit on the computer.

Tops - rules

Hitone - really the best in town as long as Youngblood is on the grill

unnamed deli across from easyway on Main St. - good burger, I think its some style brought down from yankeeland but they throw pot roast on the burger patty. worth trying.
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 3:17 pm

The best burger in Memphis is gone. RIP Miss Shirley.
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 5:47 pm

The best burger in Memphis is gone. RIP Miss Shirley.
Yep. RIP
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:21 pm

cheeseburger from the corner store on Eparkway and central that burned down

"Kwik Shop Grill"? haven't been since the fire but that was definitely my favorite burger in town... thanks for starting this thread and making me realize what I have to do this week!
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 7:41 am | Edited by: jerryd

woodstock deli has the best buger you'll find around here.

same goes for their bbq.
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 9:34 am

wheres that?
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 9:56 am

woodstock- cuba road.

near shelby forest.

http://www.southernbbqtrail.com/tn/woodstock/woodstock.shtml

great burgers- but the bbq is the best i've ever had.
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 5:09 pm

agrreed jd

that place on main st is called Joey's
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 5:37 pm

just had a cheeseburger from topps, so so
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Has anyone ever tried the Burger from three little pigs in east memphis, everything else there is so good.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:07 am

three little pigs in east memphis

Everytime I go in there I'm amazed that I only weigh 1/2 as much as everyone else eating there.
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 2:49 pm

^ krystal double stacks for xmas^
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Santa leaves a slimy brown trail.
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 6:56 pm

you're a slimy brown trail
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 11:48 am

Gotta try Woodstock!!

Burgers in Memphis has been discussed on the food forum.
However, I might have to amend my list to include Uncle Lou's.

Damned good cheeseburgers.
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 12:28 pm

dixie queen
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 3:24 pm

dixie queen
on Mt Moriah!
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 5:24 pm

The Local on Main street served up a weak ass burger. The regular dressings were included, BUT the bun was a huge dinner roll cut in half and was sweet, like those honey rolls or something. The handcut fries were great but man cannot live on fries alone.
Posted: Dec 27, 2010 1:04 pm

huge dinner roll cut in half and was sweet

puke!
Posted: Dec 27, 2010 2:50 pm

since this is a food thread, anybody had the muffaletta from jerrys sno cones?

six bucks and really, really good!

going to give their cheeseburger a try tomorrow.
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 10:18 am

Believe it or not, while their "Mexican" food is definitely lacking, Molly's La Casita has a damn fine burger. It's got pico de gallo on it. Pro tip: Ask them to put the fajita seasoning on the fries.
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 11:08 am

Agreed about the Mexican food at Molly's. Will definitely try the burger though. More pro tips encouraged!

Joeys on Main or three little pigs today..will report soon.
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 11:38 am

Agreed about the Mexican food at Molly's.
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 7:43 am

I am a Memphian, but I have been out of the country for the past 10 years so my vote would be .........(drum roll)

Krystals.

Marty's hamburgers at the P and H were wonderful too, before the judicial system sent her to parts unknown.
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 8:32 pm

Had the Tops burger. Wasnt that impressed by it. Even the guy I was with said it looked weak...

Krystals??

I do wish we had a Jack in the Box here or even better DEL TACO.
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 8:40 am

Fast food burger is a separate category. Best fast food burger is Sonic!
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 1:22 pm

agree with Scott on this one, Sonic is the best fast food burger. Not that Tops takes very long at all, but quality wise its really the same shit. Better flavor etc. at Tops! Glad nobodys been ridin the Hueys train on this topic. Last one I had was some dried out, flavorless bullshit!
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 10:58 am | Edited by: Uptight White

I always get the steak sandwich at Huey's with onion rings. Their burgers haven't be a draw for years. Top's burgers rule.
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 11:37 am | Edited by: Quinn

Tempo Market on Cleveland. ask for jo jo. It's so massive it takes 2 pieces of american cheese to cover it.
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah jojo hooks it up. The seasoned wings at tempo market are legit.
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 8:44 am

EVERY one I had was some dried out, flavorless bullshit!
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 12:22 pm

as a relatively newbie memphian, I simply do not understand the Huey's hype. Their fries aren't even that awesome either.

hitone burger is amazing. They are seasoned/cooked like the burgers my mother makes, and that makes me very happy.

even though cafe society on evergreen and poplar is a den of yuppie decadence, they have a real great burger and spectacular (in quantity and quality) thin-cut fries.
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 2:22 pm

How are Danver's' burgers these days?

Used to be my fast food favorite as a kid but haven't back to try one since the early '90s.

I already know a lot of old people go there on Sundays. Just wondering about the burgers.
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 4:56 pm

How are Danver's' burgers these days?

Dried out and overcooked, just like the once excellent Backyard Burger.
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 5:56 pm

just like the once excellent Backyard Burger.

yeah, what happened there?
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 8:46 am

bought by the folks that own Arbys some years back...i think.
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 12:30 am

I do wish we had a Jack in the Box here or even better DEL TACO.

I lived in Las Vegas near a Jack N the Box and found them to be of poor quality. If it was in Memphis, it would not stand out from any other place.
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 10:54 am

don't know if it's been mentioned, but i've never had a bad burger at half shell.
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 1:53 pm

Elliot's! V tore up a cheeseburger there today. I had a double bacon cheese that was about 6" high. It was huuuge. And awesome. And a dude that buses in there has an eye patch. It's like having Slick Rick refill your tea.
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm

MURPHY'S!
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Patty melt at Barksdales was great. Double meat is needed.
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 6:31 pm

saw a greasy joint at the corner of chelsea and hollywood today that claimed to have " the biggest burger in town"

may give it a try tomorrow.
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 7:42 pm

The Bing burger at Caritas Village. Awesome. On Harvard off Hollywood in Binghampton.
Posted: Jan 15, 2011 8:32 am

saw a greasy joint at the corner of chelsea and hollywood

Did it also promise BBQ? I saw a BBQ joint there the other day that looked very promising indeed!
Posted: Jan 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Did it also promise BBQ? I saw a BBQ joint there the other day that looked very promising indeed!

don't remember that, but right across the street from the burger place is a great sandwich shop next to the furniture store.
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 2:15 pm

most unfulfilled promise: the pimento-cheese burger at Trolley Stop.
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 2:06 pm

SICK
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 1:56 pm

The store at Central and parkway, hands down.
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

The store at Central and parkway, hands down.

Before or after the fire?
Posted: Jan 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Burger at the Castle (Park & Getwell) is decent.
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 11:30 am

Brookhaven Burger

What a garbage dump of a burger from the bar that has a signed picture of Cannon Smith hanging up for all to see (WOOF)

Includes special dipping sauce "brookhaven sauce" duh, that tasted more like arby's sauce than vinegar, but only slightly.
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 5:02 pm

I hate to say it, but 3 Angels Diner has a pretty fucking awesome burger. I usually don't care for a gourmet burger. Usually I would prefer one from the Lamplighter, but this one was pre-tty, pre-tty, good.
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 6:13 pm

beth burger @ the lamplighter!
cant beat a burger made by a friend with love...
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 9:01 pm

my first burger at 3 Angels had almost a half dozen inedible bits in it. yukko. Yet everything else I've eaten there rocks the llama's ass. shrug.
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:37 am

inedible how? that sounds fucked up.

How do people eat in smoke filled bars? Whenever I'm drunk enough to go to Side Street I'll always see someone eating like a pasta dish or something. Theres always so much smoke in there its like the place is gonna burn down again! HA! YES!
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 9:00 am

Has anyone tried lotta-burger on south Third? Heard good things
from folks at work.
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Wimpy's on Winchester in Hickory Hill
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 11:41 am

Lot-A-Burger is good but insane with grease. Like even more than Dyers.

I've gotta try South Memphis Grocery (aka Fatburger) at Mallory and Florida later this week. Office folks talking it up a lot.
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Holy Crap.. how did I miss this thread?
Without a doubt. Hands down.. the best cheeseburger in Memphis is at
Cafe 1912 -- the bacon and bluecheese burger. Its more expensive than most of the places, but Damn, its good. I've tried to replicate it at other restaurants by ordering a burger on sourdough with bacon and bluecheese crumbles, but its not the same. Wash it down with a Duvel.

Mary doesn't like bluecheese, so she gets the other cheeseburger, and she likes it just as much. Damn, that burger wins. Its also the cheapest thing on the menu.
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 5:59 pm

I second the Bing burger @ Caritas. Anybody try the new place on Madison - Burly's?
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:03 pm

5 Guys Burger opening soon on Poplar Pike. Just today was rated the best burger in the country. We'll see.

its pretty good, but not off the charts
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 10:31 pm | Edited by: severin

Burleys wasn't that great. The onion straws weren't fried, plus they were out of ice cream for shakes. How are you out of ice cream at 3pm on a Tuesday?

Tops has my favorite burger in Memphis. It cheers me up on days I don't wanna be in Memphis.
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Tops has my favorite burger in Memphis. It cheers me up on days when the idiocy of this city is particularly high.

so, you eat at tops every day?
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 10:45 pm

I tried Burly's a couple days after it opened. There was something wrong and funky about it, like it was a bad burger imitating a good one. Dell's Food Xpress had just about the same awful flavor issue. They may have been the exact same burger/meat source, wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe they've fixed some things, because people at work like them, who knows.

Also, if you're ever out in Oxford, Boure (just off the Square) has incredible burgers. Style-wise the place feels too ritzy for it's own good (it is the City Grocery dude's version of a pub after all), but damn if the guy doesn't do good food. The big challenge is the Double Bacon Cheddar Burger - one pound of disgusting gluttony that you'll probably have to carve up.
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 9:14 am

Still loving the angus burger at the Kwik Shop on Central/E.Parkway.
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 9:24 am

The pimento cheeseburger at sweet grass is really, really, good.
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 11:10 am

I'd put the Brushmark's cheeseburgers head to head against 1912, Hemant!
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 5:58 pm

burger off!
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 7:09 pm

burger off!

it's on!!!
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

I had the Belmont for lunch today and I've got no complaints. In fact, I've got praise. It was delicious.
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 7:54 pm

The Belmont indeed has a great burger, just a tad on the small side for the price
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 10:23 am

The Belmont indeed has a great burger, just a tad on the small side for the price

This is a universal truth about all burgers.
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Okay, did the South Memphis Grocery/Fatburger thing. It was good, a little crispy and HUGE for the price. They actually reminded me of Tops burgers a bit, with a little bit more grease and meat, but with a little less pepper. Seasoned fries are okay, but they give you a ton of them.

Also they're one of the only places I know of that you can get 69 cent cans of Double Cola, which is one of the best Pepsi knockoffs out there. Lots of people also swear by their tamales.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 9:17 pm

think they have one at fuel, and possibly one at the place out near the cove, can't think of it's name
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:19 am

3 Angels?
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 10:35 am

Yeah, they raised their prices up a bit a few months ago.

think they have one at fuel,
Fuel does have a Bison burger as well as some great bison chili. I had one when they first opened and it was pretty dang great. The only problem is that the burger is $12 now.
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 5:03 pm

3 Angels?

yep, not sure if they do, but i think i heard that in passing somewhere, scrogers maybe(?)
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

The pimento cheeseburger at sweet grass is really, really, good.

it is really great. not available on the restaurant side though. only the Next Door side.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Coney Island south of Norris and Elvis Presley goes on the Not Good At All list. It's like an off brand version of Dixie Queen, but somehow worse?

Don't do it.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Had one there about a decade ago. Thanks for the update.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Coney Island south of Norris and Elvis Presley goes on the Not Good At All list. It's like an off brand version of Dixie Queen, but somehow worse?

Think you might need to pack some heat if you want to eat there.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Think you might need to pack some heat if you want to eat there.

I didn't get hassled, but then again I didn't stick around after I got my food. It wasn't the worst environment that I've ever bought a burger in.

Also I tried the All Stars on N. Cleveland burger earlier this week, and that was awesome as advertised.
Posted: Apr 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Haven't had the burger, but the Polish sausage is great! Awesome shakes & malts & whatnot too. Much better than Dixie Queen!
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 10:47 am

Huey's
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 3:05 pm

I gotta represent the Wally burger, yo
Posted: May 9, 2011 2:29 pm

The best cheeseburgers are right here in Midtown at the Kwik Mart or whatever it's called at the corner of central and Parkway. I work at Toof Printing and eat there a lot, so I can say they are damn good. All his food is.
Posted: May 10, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah that place is the shit. Im house sitting in the burbs so if I see anything other than OCharlies I'll see whats up.
Posted: May 10, 2011 2:12 pm

It's kwik shop. They actually serve a very large veggie burger as well. Only 3 bucks and I think it's also vegan. Very good burgers
Posted: May 10, 2011 2:55 pm

just had a double cheeseburger from Tops...damn I love those burgers. Still the best in my book.
Posted: May 10, 2011 10:10 pm

5 Guys Burger opening soon on Poplar Pike. Just today was rated the best burger in the country. We'll see.

its pretty good, but not off the charts

I agree with this.
Posted: May 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Rockbert's burgers at the Blue Monkey are incredible.
Posted: May 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Three Little Pigs burgers are pretty damned good.

New question. Lettuce and tomato, or not?
Posted: May 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Tomato. No lettuce.
Posted: May 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Don Don's Hot Wings, Burgers, and Seafood on South Third

Their jumbo burger is just right, it's huge with decent seasoning. Fries are fries, nothing special.

Bonus note for pinball heads: Don't even bother with the Cue Ball Wizard machine, the right flipper is busted to hell.
Posted: May 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Tomato. No lettuce.

backwards.
Posted: May 17, 2011 3:37 pm

The proper toppings for a burger are pickles, onions, cheese and either mustard or mayo.
Posted: May 17, 2011 8:30 pm

The proper toppings for a burger are pickles, onions, cheese and either mustard or mayo.

Yes. I agree whole-heartedly. However, I do enjoy the pulled pork and cappicola on the Black Tusk burger at the Hi-Tone.
Posted: May 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Reese's on Winchester and perkins. that place has a good burger.
i will always be partial to alex's though. best late night burger ever.
Although, a two way burger would definitely fit the bill when they were open.
Posted: May 24, 2011 9:26 am

and it is enormous.
Posted: May 24, 2011 11:02 am

Ubee's on Highland. Greasy but good.
Posted: May 24, 2011 12:32 pm

and it is enormous.

Agreed, tho last time I was in there it appeared half the patrons were packing heat.

Ubee's on Highland. Greasy but good.

Have yet to order anything from that place that didn't make me sick.
Posted: May 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Whataburger
Posted: May 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Whataburger

where is one in Memphis? There used to be one in Frayser, but I thought it was kaput. Loved Whataburger when I lived in Texas...double with cheese and jalapenos...prolly the best fast food chain burger out there
Posted: May 27, 2011 8:02 am

where is one in Memphis? There used to be one in Frayser,

I think the one in Frayser is still open (On Thomas?), and there's one right across the street from Interstate BBQ.
Posted: May 27, 2011 9:19 am

I think the one in Frayser is still open (On Thomas?), and there's one right across the street from Interstate BBQ.

no shit? Now that I think about it, every single time I have had Interstate BBQ, it was to go and someone else picked it up for me...no wonder I didnt know about that location.
Posted: May 27, 2011 10:23 am

i thought the one in frayser has been closed for a long time. At least the one i used to go to has been. It's now a catfish place.

was at the intersection of frayser blvd and watkins?
Posted: May 27, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah...I know the one in Frayser is a fish place now and has been for years. Pretty sure the one out by I-State Q is something else as well. That chain isnt here anymore at all.
Posted: May 27, 2011 5:50 pm

had one at Broadway Pizza today. generous, juicy patty, but could have definitely used more seasoning.
Posted: May 30, 2011 9:46 am

Not on burgers, but I have to say Panchos on Perkins.. oh man, it cannot be beat.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 7:19 am

Cafe Eclectic has great burgers, but everything else there is suspect...
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 9:24 am

Been there 3 times and still never been waited on. Never go back.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 11:43 am

like I said, EVERYTHING else is suspect... service, coffee, other food.... solution? sit at the counter.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 1:34 pm

Cafe Eclectic sit-in!
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 2:08 pm

Holler for Karen Foster and get FIRST CLASS service... other than that, dunno.
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 7:12 pm

Holler for Karen Foster and get FIRST CLASS service... other than that, dunno.
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 4:40 pm

bob barksdale killed it
Posted: Jun 9, 2011 1:15 pm

I withdraw my praise for Ubee's. Seems to depend on who is doing the cooking. The person doing the cooking last Sunday sucked.
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm

New suburban contender: Hubba Bubba's in Southaven on Hwy 51 north of Rasco Rd.

Big juicy patty that's super delicious, especially with their in-house BBQ sauce (had to try it since I heard good things about the BBQ from family). Also tasty dirty seasoned fries.
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 10:55 am

Tried that Burly's place.

It was pretty tasty.
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Hubba Bubba sounds cool.
Posted: Jul 5, 2011 11:55 am

Gave Burly's a shot this weekend. I thought it was pretty tasty, although I'm not a huge fan of the thick Angus burgers. They cooked it just a hair past what I would have liked, but the bacon made up for that.

One of my dinner companions was regaling us with stories of crazy shit that used to happen in that space. Glad I didn't find out about the severed deer parts incident until after I ate.
Posted: Jul 5, 2011 9:42 pm

Hot dog at Five Guys is wonderful. It's a hot dog, not a damn sausage. Grilled, split, and dressed to order. Did not like the fries much. Burger was greasy and messy and declared delicious by the guy I had lunch with.
Posted: Jul 9, 2011 10:50 pm | Edited by: jason smuckles

Burly's got a second chance today. I guess I'm one of their fans now too.

I talked to the guy there, and how he put it, they didn't really have a handle on the recipe in the first week - they'd mix 100 lbs of meat with seasoning, so there'd be a lot of unseasoned burgers and a lot of burgers that were too overloaded. So what they did was drop it to 20 lb mixes. The seasoning was a lot more bearable this time. The fries were a lot better too.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 8:01 pm

http://www.bestmemphisburger.com/

Someone's taking suggestions and trying burgers from everywhere in town.

He hated Kwik Stop and Belmont.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 8:32 pm

Wow. I disagreed with every single review. He loved what I hated, he scorned what I enjoyed. Maybe simplistic, but I see two major types of burger - thich and juicy (Belmont) and thin (Tops, Ubees).
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 7:08 am

http://www.bestmemphisburger.com/

that guy is an idiot, he likes lame burgers and hates good ones.

plus he says "convenient store"

moron.
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 8:39 am

he seems to have something against messy, juicy burgers. what a dainty lil man
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 8:59 am

he seems to have something against messy, juicy burgers. what a dainty lil man

I thought the same thing as well, he's like a little girl.
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 9:18 am

Next time you find yourself at Huey's check out their sliders, the Little Miner's Trio. I've had them a few times and they are juicy little flavor bombs. Better than the full-size burgers in my opinion. Now if we could only get them to make decent fries or onion rings that aren't ridiculously huge.
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 1:39 pm

hey that dweeb stole my idea
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 7:09 pm

Now if we could only get them to make decent fries or onion rings that aren't ridiculously huge.

They now have these "onion straws" that are decent. Very thinly sliced and fried up well. They come with a remoulade-type sauce ...
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 8:29 pm

No. Wrong. Those are disgusting, like solidified onion salt.
Posted: Aug 3, 2011 11:57 am

moron.

Looks like your comment won't be posted, Ritchie.

http://twitter.com/MemphisSeth
First flame blog comment received. Do you moderate comments b4 the go live or let them roll?

Just a tool pointing out a typo and and telling my that I suck.

I think it's probably a jealous Memphian, sad they didn't have the idea I had first.

I just don't see the point of giving flamers a platform. There is no conversation.
Posted: Aug 5, 2011 9:24 am

moron.

Looks like your comment won't be posted, Ritchie.

http://twitter.com/MemphisSeth
First flame blog comment received. Do you moderate comments b4 the go live or let them roll?

Just a tool pointing out a typo and and telling my that I suck.

I think it's probably a jealous Memphian, sad they didn't have the idea I had first.

I just don't see the point of giving flamers a platform. There is no conversation.

he made that "typo" 5 times

however, I didn't try and comment on his blog...must of been another person with taste and intelligence.
Posted: Aug 5, 2011 11:10 am

Do not let this man judge your food for you.
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 8:51 am

So, in his post about the Kwik Shop, did the memphis best burger guy say "Convenient" store? Because, if that is the case, he went back to the post and changed each instance to say "convenience".
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 9:15 am

^hahhahaha.

The guy is like 45 years old and just now set his foot in Ernestine & Hazels for the first time to try a soulburger. Judging by his twitter comments it's like he went into another world.
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 10:54 am

He may have fixed the typo, but he still sucks.
Posted: Sep 15, 2011 5:30 am

I gotta say my last 2 burgers at RP Tracks were pretty kick ass...got the "smokehouse" (although I '86 the smoked gouda and replace it with cheddar, the fake smoke flavoring kinda fucks things up) and add bacon. They do a great medium rare (fully pink with a smidgen of blood in the center) and the sauteed mushrooms are tasty. However, with it being medium rare with the mushrooms makes it one messy-ass burger...so I dont think our delicate flower of a burger blogger would like it.
Posted: Sep 15, 2011 8:46 am

so I dont think our delicate flower of a burger blogger would like it.

Let's not be too hard on him. After eating Huey's for years and thinking it was the best in Memphis he accidentally branched out and tried a non-chain restaurant burger once. Now he's a professional on all things bovine-related.

/sarcasm
Posted: Sep 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Shelby Forest General Store- great breakfast, too.
Posted: Sep 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Fuck that burger blog bullshit. My thread is the original.

I went to a badass burger place in Nashville but i forgot what it was called last month. Definitely top 5 I've had. University of Memphis food stations have these little cheeseburgers in plastic that are like cafeteria throwbacks, but you have to eat at least three.
Posted: Sep 24, 2011 9:48 am

Dumbest thread EVER
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 12:20 am

Been to Stuffy's five or so times. Pretty good. Big bun, soaks up any liquid. Doesn't seem to be a choice of "done" - medium well is the standard. Cash or credit. Sometimes there is a line, sometimes there isn't. Fries are hit or miss.
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Three Little Pigs was the worst burger I've had that wasn't from Burger King. They gave me what I ordered, but it sucked. Thin patty, no grease. Tasted like freshly unfrozen beef that probably comes with sheets of freezer paper between the patties.
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 8:02 pm

IThree Little Pigs was the worst burger I've had that wasn't from Burger King.

I've had a couple there, and they've always been good; I'm sorry your experience was different!
Posted: Oct 19, 2011 7:49 am

Went to 5 guys last week...way over rated and expensive...loud Rock 103 type music blaring...the fries were grease bombs...won't go back.
Posted: Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

anybody been to yo mama's on jackson?
Posted: Oct 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Jeff, I've been to the 5 Guys in Memphis twice, and both times were bad.

I've been to other locations in other cities that were good.
Posted: Oct 19, 2011 7:00 pm

All Stars next to the Piggy Wiggly on Perkins at Knight-Arnold. Killer and huge.
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 9:10 am

What a jerk
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®