Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Girls of the Gravitron, Limes, Kruxe - Hitone dec 23 - FREE!
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 1:42 pm | Edited by: kol 1945

Christmas Concert:

girls of the gravitron
limes
kruxe

<<in some order, starts around 10pm

no cover charge
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 7:13 pm

oh yeh

and over at STAGE 2, Buccaneer:
- TSOT
- Richard James

also FREE, i hear
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Spreading Cheer (or something) all over Midtown!

TSOT will only play original XMAS jams.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 9:24 am

Smearing Cheer All Over Midtown - One Night Only.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 2:18 pm

GOTG is also also exclusive Christmas tunes but Ill probably leave in the middle of our set to come check yall out.
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 4:23 pm

love for the GOTG show is coming in this week's Flyer . . . obviously, stage 2 could not be mentioned
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 3:30 pm

http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/in-the-spirit/Content?oid=2504676

afformentioned memphis flyer GOTG show love: reads like misplaced affection, is it a showing of True Love or perverted LUST?

time to reevaluate my life when my contributions amount to being an incarnation of cole weintraub. a more conventional one at that! this must be what swamp thing felt like when he discovered he was just an animated pile of swamp matter that thought it was alec holland, rather than a mutated version of the real alec holland. Am I really will mcelroy? Are these my own thoughts, or those of cole's electro harmonix pitch shifter? time to wander off into the abyss to find myself........... though I Might Not Like What I Discover. Thanks, makeshifty, you've given me a lot to think about. Then I'll probably swing by the hi-tone for that christmas show. For a man with nothing to lose..... it's as good an option as any.

p.s. Merry Christmas! :)
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey Will, sounds like the Bucc is gonna be more of a good time.
Less art= More Fun
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 4:03 pm

where does the Buc show fall on the lo-fi scale? Are True Sons of Thunder up and comers or mainstays?
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Plus I'd like to think we sound like Swamp Thing's morning rituals.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 4:04 pm

where does the Buc show fall on the lo-fi scale? Are True Sons of Thunder up and comers or mainstays?

Um, enablers?
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 4:15 pm | Edited by: willmcelroy

alright, I'm sold. My empty shell may be at the hi-tone but my wandering astral form will be thriving in the noxious aura of your swamp stack, and leaching off people's seasonal cocktails when they aren't looking. It's going to take a Christmas Miracle tonight to make me whole again. . . . .
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 5:02 pm

no offense was intended there.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 5:44 pm

I love Memphis. I'm just gonna hit every best cheesebuger joint in town tonight and make up for 16 years of vegetarianizum.
I'm suppose to be the caretaker of trippy vocal effects, Will's shell, and Cole's well being at the Hitone, but I think I can do both since the opener won't go on until 11:45. I hope the Kringle Krush ends up being a buttbong full of Christmas cheer.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 6:11 pm

I love Memphis. I'm just gonna hit every best cheesebuger joint in town tonight and make up for 16 years of vegetarianizum.
I'm suppose to be the caretaker of trippy vocal effects, Will's shell, and Cole's well being at the Hitone, but I think I can do both since the opener won't go on until 11:45. I hope the Kringle Krush ends up being a buttbong full of Christmas cheer.

Yay!!!
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 6:24 pm

no offense was intended there.

I know, I know, you just unwittingly opened a door to questions that won't stop coming, and no amount good tidings can close it now. Things are spiraling out of control - Andrew is frantically driving to Frayser as I type this, eating a cheeseburger with pot roast on it, a bag of Tops burgers waiting in the passenger seat. There's mustard dripping down his chin and he's just getting started. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Dear God man, do you realize what you've done?? Wolfchase is closing at 9 tonight. I just looked out the window and saw Santa's reindeer- they were flying backwards! BACKWARDS! It's only getting worse and I have a feeling everything is going to come to a head tonight on stage at the hi-tone at around 11:55 or else...I didn't want to say it, but.. or else Christmas might not happen this year.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 6:37 pm

I love Memphis.
It's Christmas here everyday of the week. Truly, a gift that won't stop giving. Good burgers also.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Will's "Mastermind" rivals Abe's crossed streams of consciousness for most evocative surreal board posts. What's the questions I should be asking? I don't know but the answers won't stop coming.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Less art= More Fun

actually its Less art= sausage party
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 3:44 am | Edited by: willmcelroy

Christmas came! We all got presents and Christmas came out of our eyes. Was having some kind of panic attack as I took the stage (11:45 sharp) and when I told Cole I felt like crying, he reminded me it was just Christmas coming out of my eyes.

Thanks to everyone who came! Everything couldn't have happened without everyone. Hope things went / are still going well at the Buc, and everywhere.
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Will's "Mastermind" rivals Abe's crossed streams of consciousness for most evocative surreal board posts. What's the questions I should be asking? I don't know but the answers won't stop coming.
muh hahahahahahahaaha............ahaha a hoho
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 1:47 pm

TSOT destroyed. but mIsIsIn the hItS at the tone was not in my agenda.GOTG in my opinion is punk as fuck.suprised nobody got hurt.hey but it is the ho ho days!ding dong mofo ho ho.im cookin a soul burger up for buck.stamps and smokin amps
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 1:58 pm

indeed a ridick time at the bucc, hope the hi tone got tuned.

Wish you coulda seen Richwad channelling Beefheart through his Vuvuzela. Scary & great.
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Plus I'd like to think we sound like Swamp Thing's morning rituals.
precisely watson
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 4:06 pm

and i do mean NOBODY
Posted: Dec 25, 2010 6:02 pm

caught both, good night indeed... gotg started early when bennet joined in for duet with cole doing bing crosby/david bowie version of 'little drummer boy' while doing a Mister Rogers like skit, i knew a great night had indeed set itself in motion, and topped it off with a night at the buck two drums going and all the hotshots taking turns on guitar, still waiting to hear Ross play with a singer guitar player and not have them sound better than they are, classic buck going on and if that wasnt enough chuck was cooking burgers at the lamplighter till 4 am ohhh yeaaah
Posted: Dec 25, 2010 10:46 pm

While I was not allowed to leave the tone due to Kol's contract/ rider demands, the Limes were just amazing. Maybe the best I've seen that troupe....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®