Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / GO TIGERS! - 2010/11
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Tonight's the first time I've had a chance to look at the guys...we're at Tupelo vs. LSU. I heard they looked terrible, and watched a few minutes of their first televised game...they did.
They sure are green. But, I love the fact that this is a "Memphis" team. In all aspects right now.

Go Tigers!
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Terrible? It's the fourth game in the season of a team full of freshman.

Sure, the mid to lower-tiered ACC and SEC teams we've beaten were close games, but they're not laden with freshman who are still adjusting to D1 college ball.

You should've watched more than a few minutes. You could've seen Spoon driving with ease, Thrill Barton driving and spinning to the goal to score, Black dominating down low, Crawford nailing clutch 3s, refs calling worthless fouls against us.

There were dumb plays from the Tigers, yes. However once the team gels and a rotation is defined it'll be hell for other teams.
Posted: Nov 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks, mattsparks. I watched most of the game yesterday, and for sure saw some brilliance there. Don't get me wrong, I well know it's a team full of freshmen. I love the fact that Spoon is finally getting a chance to shine, too. He looked pretty damned happy to be team leader yesterday.

When they really gel, they're gonna be hell.
Posted: Nov 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Thrill Barton is gonna ball.
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am

Will the Tigers beat Georgetown in 2 days? Probably not. Also, I dont think re-signing Jelan Kendrick will do much. Do we really need another skinny shooting guard? Kicking Kendrick off the team was the only sign this year that Pastner has any balls whatsoever. I'm sick of post-game interviews with him where he talks about how wonderful life is and all that bullshit.

Will Coleman has gotta step up as the leader while spoon is out, even if he's not that good.
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 11:44 am

They look pretty bad overall. They should win C-USA but easily could fail.
Seems like elite-level players who have never had to play against better opposition or never ran into well-coached teams. It happens.
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Pretty sure Tigers will get boned Thursday night by double figures! No discipline, no real inside game and no leadership. The Big East thrives on these 3 things!
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 12:42 pm

It's not looking pretty...
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm not even sure if I wanna watch this game. They hung in with Kansas, but they've collapsed quite a bit since then. This game feels like it's gonna be brutal.
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Well, we nailed that one. When are we gonna get paid for our predictions, fellow Goners?!
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 1:59 pm

The kids are all right, just got knocked down a few pegs to where they belong. This squad in two years... watch out!
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 4:09 pm

thank you sir may I have another?
Posted: Dec 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Hopefully no one on this team will be convinced they can go pro after this season...
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 4:09 pm

This is a February team, not a November/ December team, which sucks because we have one decent game in February and we won't get enough rpi cracks to get a good seed (like top 4 seed). They'll be good this season, just not for a little while. I was actually encouraged by the way we played Gtown. Hoyas >>>>> Kansas. And Austin Freeman, I mean WOW, that kid is already "man's game" in college. Dumb mistakes against a John Thompson III coached team = loss. That Hoya team is scary good.... but the kids will be just fine once they learn to play together. At this point in his freshman season, DRose was just coming into his own and had 3 juniors and a senior starting with him.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®