Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / CREMAINS (memphis death/thrash) Nov. 14th @ the Poplar Lounge m
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm | Edited by: CreMike

Didnt have much luck posting this in the shows thread, so I thought Id try a re-post here.
We like to drink beer and thrash. If that sounds like fun you should definitely come get wasted and rock out with us!
Nov 14th at the Poplar lounge come check out my band Cremains (memphis death/thrash www.myspace.com/cremains )
Incineration
(memphis grindcore www.myspace.com/incinerationmem )
and Created to Kill
(kentucky death metal www.myspace.com/createdtokill )
And heres the flyer: http://imgur.com/6dk3sl.jpg
Thanks guys, hope to see you there!
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 5:45 pm

You guys rule.
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 9:25 pm

You guys rule.
they do
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Hell yeah, thanks you guys!!!
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Thats INSANE awesome!
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Cremains sucked ever since Cremike shaved of his cremustache.
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm

yeh you guys bring the pain- BUT- why are you still booking there!!!!
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Cremike shaved of his cremustache.

Probably crusted together with too much creme.
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 11:42 pm

yeah well having your mustache all cemented to your face with jazz gets really uncomfortable after a couple of weeks. I will grow it back for this show on the condition that no one cums on it.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 10:12 am

nonfalsemetal
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 12:36 pm

mustache all cemented to your face with jazz

I think that was Tony Williams' problem, too much jazz in the mustache.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm

yeh you guys bring the pain- BUT- why are you still booking there!!!!
There's nothing wrong with the Poplar Lounge. All Doc's old bars are closed, it's moshpit friendly, and under completely new management.

I played there last week with Bill from Random Conflict's new band Blood Red Baby Blue, and it was fucking awesome. I hadn't seen an old school rally point mosh pit in sometime, and apparently Poplar Lounge is pit friendly.

When you consider it's the only pit friendly venue I know of in Memphis, there'd have to be something wrong with you to NOT book there if you make real metal.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 5:26 pm

I gotta say that except for the time the PA magically turned off when we started playing "Cocaine" (err, "Goat Days") the sound there has been very good.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 5:31 pm

When you consider it's the only pit friendly venue I know of in Memphis, there'd have to be something wrong with you to NOT book there if you make real metal.
Jesus dude. I don't even know where to start...
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 6:19 pm

There's a little neighborhood pub right down the street. They have been known to have pits. They have a bartender named Sam. Or did. I can't remember. Anyways, I have witnessed it at least once before. Maybe 47 times. I've lost count.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 11:29 pm

I like the Antenna club.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 11:33 pm

is that the irish bar?
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 11:55 pm

is that the irish bar?

It's only Irish if we take the amount of Jameson we consume as a nationality. Seriously, though, where do mosh pits get unfriendlied in midtown? The Deli maybe? Not at the Hi-Tone. Not at the Bucc. I doubt at Murphy's. You'd go through the floor at the Full Moon club, but I'm guessing they don't give a shit either. In fact, as far back as I can remember, I don't remember anyone at the smaller venues ever breaking up mosh pits unless they got completely out of hand.
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 3:45 am

i second sev and eric.
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 10:50 am

Seriously, though, where do mosh pits get unfriendlied in midtown? The Deli maybe? Not at the Hi-Tone. Not at the Bucc. I doubt at Murphy's. You'd go through the floor at the Full Moon club, but I'm guessing they don't give a shit either. In fact, as far back as I can remember, I don't remember anyone at the smaller venues ever breaking up mosh pits unless they got completely out of hand.

Bucc and Murphy's are too small to have what I would consider a "real" pit. There's not enough room to get a running head start in those places.

I have seen some good pits at the Hi-Tone, come to think of it, but while metal is accepted there, that's not the genre that immediately springs to mind when I hear "Hi-Tone". If a big metal band comes through there and are charging 7-15 bucks a head, yeah, but for standard locals at 5$? Not so much.

BTW, I don't consider Cremains "standard locals." Cremains are a national level metal band, so they could get a pit at Hi-tone. However, if Cremains plays Hi-tone, they should be charging at least 7$ a head.

I know Minglewood and the Daisy have posted "NO MOSHING!" signs. Which is HILARIOUS, because the Daisy books metal bands all the time. You have to pay to park, pay 10 bucks at the door, 5 dollar PBRs, AND THEN NO MOSH PITS! Fuck that place with a red hot poker.

TLDR; is a place really mosh-pit friendly if they won't even book metal bands to begin with?
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 11:35 am

There's not enough room to get a running head start in those places.

I think you're doing it wrong.
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 2:24 pm

There's not enough room to get a running head start in those places.

I think you're doing it wrong.

for real. you playin' football?
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Also, how is the Poplar Lounge any bigger than Murphy's or the Bucc.?

Also also, why am I even looking at this thread?
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 10:59 pm

BTW, I don't consider Cremains "standard locals." Cremains are a national level metal band, so they could get a pit at Hi-tone. However, if Cremains plays Hi-tone, they should be charging at least 7$ a head.

I know Minglewood and the Daisy have posted "NO MOSHING!" signs. Which is HILARIOUS, because the Daisy books metal bands all the time. You have to pay to park, pay 10 bucks at the door, 5 dollar PBRs, AND THEN NO MOSH PITS! Fuck that place with a red hot poker.

Thanks Chris, thats a hell of a compliment!
And youre definitely correct about minglewood, btw. I went to the mastodon show there (which was a pretty all around awful experience), and there were huge aggro bouncers who spotlighted people with flashlights and flexed their muscles as soon as anyone began to look like they were enjoying themselves, let alone moshing. Minglewood blows, and it is fucking doomed mark my words.
Posted: Oct 28, 2010 3:32 pm

yeh there was the night when Cremains were playing with LOPD and they ended up not letting legion play and then threw us all out- lame.
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 3:35 pm

yeh there was the night when Cremains were playing with LOPD and they ended up not letting legion play and then threw us all out- lame

I was there for that. Gotto to see Burn the Masses again, which was cool, but Legion was the whole reason I went and I was pretty pissed off at that point.
Posted: Dec 7, 2011 6:39 am

michael jason is a bat
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®