Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Last minute ROYAL PENDLETONS show!!!
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 4:40 pm

The ROYAL PENDLETONS will be playing at the Poplar Lounge this Saturday night, Oct. 9th!!!! This is waaaaayyyy last minute so spread the word!
There is a band playing an early show at the Lounge that night, and some of the Pendletons aren't gonna make til' late(11:30) so I'm gonna play some rackords til' the bands starts. Come out!
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 4:44 pm

In case you don't know...
www.myspace.com/theroyalpendletons
YEA BABY!!!
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey thanks!
Good stuff!!!
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 2:26 am

whoa
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 12:07 pm

nice nice - ima come after work perfect :)
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 4:41 pm

Awesome!
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 4:42 pm

Yes, awesome...
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 3:41 am

11:30ish fo real? Ima try to make it!!!! Woohoo!!!
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 2:00 pm

11:30ish fo real?
4 reals! Matty, Daddy, Louie, and Mike doin' the Pendleton stomp tonight!
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 5:04 pm

its gonna be a floor shaker! it'll make ya shit blood mate!
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 5:44 pm

OK, so Matty can't make it but.... He is being replaced by Ross Johnson, Jeff Gogins, and Jack O! Shake it!
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 6:05 pm

What?
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 6:06 pm

As much as I love all those people they are no replacement for Matt.
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 6:06 pm

Huh? Just come up there Scott and bring your dancin' lady friend.
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 9:06 pm

weeeeeeeeee so ready and im spreadin the word!
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:50 am

That was a GREAT time, but I stand by my original assessment. Those people were no substitute for Matt!
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 3:54 pm

TOTALLY FUCKING EPIC.
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 4:37 pm

missed it, sounds like it was a return to complete COMPULSIVE GAMBLERS debauchery!
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 6:40 pm

i showed up epic late but still had a blasted blast! mucho love!
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 3:28 pm

TOTALLY FUCKING EPIC.
Indeed! Had big fun! Good energy in the room! Thanks to the Hook-Up for stopping by and dropping some of new tunes he picked up in New Orleans!
Come on Scott, those subs pulled it off pretty well. And who was the washboard/accordion girl? She looked familiar.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:34 am

Noooooooooo, miss
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 9:08 am

Yes, I've seen her in my nightmares.

Everyone did a great job(except accordian girl). It was very fun, but it just wasn't quite the Royal Pendletons. No Hangin' On A String. No Hot Rod Disertation. Even no Shy Heart. Great time, but no substitute for Matt
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 3:17 am

Gotta say, I was as confused as everyone else about accordion girl. I didn't know it was coming, and I had no idea what was going on. When she got up there and started doing her thing, Louie and I looked at each other in mid-song, and it was clear that he also didn't know. Chalk that one up to the weird schemes of Mike Hurtt. Just another odd chapter in the on-going list of Pendleton moments: "Oh, yeah. I was at that Pendleton show in 2010 when accordion girl jumped up and..."

Strange thing is... I don't exactly know why, but at that moment I saw the whole thing through the eyes of Jeremy Scott. For some unknown reason, I kept imagining what Jeremy's reaction would be to that. That made me laugh, and I couldn't stop.
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 6:18 am

I don't exactly know why, but at that moment I saw the whole thing through the eyes of Jeremy Scott. For some unknown reason, I kept imagining what Jeremy's reaction would be to that. That made me laugh, and I couldn't stop.

Jay, your imagination is certainly better than anything I could tell you about the reality.

For what it's worth. i do remember someone (Abe?) turning up her mic on the p.a. once she started playing. Don't think anybody knew she would be singing. When she did sing, it was LOUD, and the tonality was weird. Think I told Scott she sounded like the human theramin.
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 7:12 am

Hurtt came up to me afterwards and said he didn't know anything about it either. Apparently Jack was responsible for the whole ordeal.
I told him, "I didn't wanna say anything in case she was a friend of yours."
To which he replied, " Oh God no!"
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 7:23 am

"And now you know. . .the rest of the story."
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 12:11 pm

yeah i left.a nubile accordian is notta sub for the awesome powers that lie in an actual band.or maybe they are.pb and JAM!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®