Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Blue Oyster Cult!
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 2:27 pm

Delta Fair-tonight at 8!

Joe and Eric and I are probably going- Anyone else wanna ride out there with us?
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 2:56 pm

Godzilla is Oslo's favorite song... but the "white-people fair" is the exact kind of unsavory environment that I'm not sure I want to subject my family to...
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 3:16 pm

damn. almost forgot about this.

so boc or cheap trick?
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 7:44 pm

I saw them earlier this summer when they came here to Longview. They went into a 15 minute jam session during Godzilla which got kinda boring. But, they still fucking rocked. Bring your wife, your kids, your cat, your chia pet. They're fun to see.
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 12:33 pm

Well, how was it?
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 3:17 pm

They went into a 15 minute jam session during Godzilla which got kinda boring. But, they still fucking rocked.

completely accurate.
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 1:31 pm

yeah, with RUDY f'in SARZO on bass! The medley of Quiet Riot, Ozzy, Dio, Whitesnake, etc songs was all right for Fair Rock! His bass solo was total Fair Rock, too!

Buck Dharma wears out the frets for a 60+ year old dude & I don't think E Bloom played anything but chords the entire time. YES!

Opened with "The Red & The Black" but no "Career In Evil."

Good times!

Rest of fair sucked.
Posted: Sep 5, 2010 3:19 pm

Opened with "The Red & The Black"

What?

but no "Career In Evil."

Double what? Dude certainly still wants to do it with SOMEBODY'S daughter on a dirt road.
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm

they seemed to play everything kinda slow
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 5:22 pm

What, no cowbell?
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 6:33 pm

TOTAL COWBELL.

they played everything pretty long, but those records are pretty slow...
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 10:20 am

they played everything pretty long, but those records are pretty slow...
before the show i had been watching the Black and Blue Tour movie where they were in concert with Sabbath/Dio and they were ripping... Songs at the Delta Fest were half that speed..guess if I haven't seen what they used to do I wouldn't have been dissappointed. .. and it can't be because of age because Sabbath toward the end still killed like they did in the old days
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 2:05 pm

yeah, sometimes gettin' hyped for the show doesn't exactly work out! ha!
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

yeah, sometimes gettin' hyped for the show doesn't exactly work out! ha!
Yep, u are correct
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®