Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Hotel Memphis videos...???????
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 10:20 am

anybuddy seen these? its local indie rock's less orchestrated blatant ripoff of the Take Away Show idea. why do people do these things?? if you got a $5000 camera, friends w guitars and girlfriends/boyfriends, and editing equipment, Why not try something new? whats the harm? throw a buncha Jello mix and chicken eggs in a baby pool and light in on fire - i mean, thats just one idea for a music video.

btw, what is star & micey and is there anything you can get at home depot to kill it with?
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 12:32 pm

hey now, they've done some goodies... and doing it on the Commercial Appeal's dime... think it's all right. Who likes everything? Not me.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 12:57 pm

yer right, i just wana see flaming gelatin
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:04 pm

btw, limes video is of course good. everything cripps touches turns gold. just wish there was a little more originality w the videos.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:25 pm

I think their "throw artist in a setting and let it go" thing works. Bold titles work. Greg playing at Bryant's is a good one, too.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:25 pm

what is star & micey

I don't know this either, but everytime I see their bumper stickers, I also see an "I'm Rusty James" sticker on the same car. Don't believe me, check it out!
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:31 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

"throw artist in a setting and let it go"

I would like to do that if TSOT could play in the "big dog playground" area of Dog's Rule.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:52 pm

I don't know this either, but everytime I see their bumper stickers, I also see an "I'm Rusty James" sticker on the same car. Don't believe me, check it out!

I see it everyday because the guys in the band are up here painting the church. They seem alright to me.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 2:47 pm

oh theyre guys. ok makes sense. i assumed 'star and micey' was new slang for plugging ecstasy or something.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 3:15 pm

everything this thread touches turns to gay
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 6:22 pm

It's my understanding that the musicians get to pick (for the most part) where and how the videos will be shot. The 2 very talented guys who make those things will surely quit now due to the fact that they can't meet your "original" standards dude. Maybe some 16 year old mammaries with reverb would spice things up a bit. I think I even recommended the Gravitron Girls to them for a possible filming. If you really want to make a video, you could just ask them. Instead of acting like the kid who didn't get invited to the birthday party, you should get your folks to buy you a $5000 camera and film jello all day every day. TSOT live at a nursing home would be the bee's knees.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 6:36 pm

how about perfect fits at that truck stop down around jackson, MS(i never remember the exit but just end up getting off there, i think a little south but could be wrong, i'm sure scott knows it)
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 8:32 pm

Maybe some 16 year old mammaries with reverb would spice things up a bit
harsh, put that in a bong and toke it smokey.
doesnt matter how "talented" the dudes are. thats great if they are. the concept is obviously unoriginal, not saying theres anything wrong w that, hamburgers are also unoriginal but they can still taste good. some of these videos are alright and i can see why people like them (if they do?)

ps: why you gotta bring reverb into this, i thought that was our secret
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®