Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis Movie Needs Extras! -Free Beer
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:51 am

Come be a part of Memphis movie making! Losers Take All is a comedy in which we follow "The Fingers," an 80's punk band, on their tour of the indie circuit throughout Memphis.

Extras (ages 18+) needed September 11th

LIVE MUSIC
FREE BEER
PRIZES

Win raffle prizes such as:
BB Kings and Itta Bena gift certificates, Autographed GRUNGE coffee table books, Sweet Grass restaurant gift certificates, Tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies, A chance to pitch your movie idea to Hollywood producers
A signed photo of the cast and director, Alex Steyermark

Email LTAcastingmemphis@gmail.com or call 324‐3424
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:53 am | Edited by: bruce

A chance to pitch your movie idea to Hollywood producers

hey jerry what was the name of the movie we had to pitch? the landlord? something like that
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 3:57 pm

I bet people would show up if you offered actual money.
Tennessee being a right to work state you wouldn't have to pony up much, - the bare minimum really. Seems like most hollywood productions do this when they shoot in Tn. Since extras do need to follow directions, i'm guessing i won't get enough beer to make it worth my while. Promise me a six pack for every hour i'm there and i'm starting to listen....
also, "A chance to pitch your movie idea to Hollywood producers" Sounds weird, because every producers/director/writer types i've heard of DOES NOT want to hear anything unless it is pitched by a legitimate agent/lawyer type, one reason being, fear they will be sued by down the road. But, i could be wrong, maybe a hollywood producer is just dying for my hot beer breath in his face, taking his attention away from the movie at hand, pitching him my "Werewolves on the Moon!!!" (copyright 2010- by me!!!).
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 4:06 pm

Memphis Movie Needs Extras! -Free Beer

yay people from california think we're alcholics

...who told them

hey LTA casting, keeping your cale off my body
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 5:01 pm

I've got an idea, too. WEREWOLVES ON MARS! (copywrite me, now)
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 5:02 pm

edit... sexy sullen teenage VAMPIRE WEREWOLVES ON MARS!
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 5:36 pm

alcholics
Careful there, they're going to think we can't spell either.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm (buuurpp) suing.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 7:03 pm

so what yall think were illitirate drunks, do anything for a beer, we'll you got a nother thing cumn
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:10 pm

sounds fun
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:16 pm

So when you are an extra in this kind of movie, do you just get drunk and cheer wildly while some asshole lip syncs?
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 10:19 pm

The band is miming to a tape, but the actor playing the lead singer is really singing, and his live vocal is being recorded.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 10:40 pm

see, LIVE MUSIC

and look, i need my oil changed and my yard cut and raked. If anybody would like to do this, i will give them FREE BEER. plus they will be entered in a raffle with a chance to win a signed photo of my yard, my car, and me- Dag!
also, a chance to tell me how you'd like to shingle my roof.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:23 pm

I've done some research on this film...and I'm a little confused. There are some Commercial Appeal articles that say Ti West was the director. He did an indie horror film named " House of the Devil" that I loved.

Anyway, IMDB says the director is Alex Steyermar, who directed "Prey for Rock & Roll" which I didn't really like. anyone know what happened?

Regardless, the movie is giving some people in Memphis some work, so I'm not really down on it.
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:59 pm

Regardless, the movie is giving some people in Memphis some beer, so I'm not really down on it.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 1:23 am

if JPK says its good, im behind it.

memphis never had ANYTHING like the ramones and this movie is giving us that history, thank gahd.

only if theyd do a documentary about the warble-jpk-star & micey punk scene...ONLY happens in memphis
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:48 am

IMDB says the director is Alex Steyermar

That's correct.

if JPK says its good, im behind it.

I don't know if it's going to be good. I have no idea. After two weeks on set I think I've seen about 10 minutes worth of scenes. I haven't read the script.

I got hired as guitar coach for the actors, and I've been really impressed with how hard they work and how patient they are. Really nice guys. And everybody involved so far seems to be smitten with Memphis. They're using A LOT of Memphis people. The music was all recorded at Bomar's using local guys. Jack O got a song in it and so did I. I'm happy to get the work.

only if theyd do a documentary about the warble-jpk-star & micey punk scene...ONLY happens in memphis

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:54 am

Also, just to be clear, the movie is not really set in Memphis. They never really say where the band is from. There's one scene that is specifically in the Antenna, but that's the only explicitly Memphis scene I know about.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 11:27 am

As a fan of both JPK's fantastic chops and Jack O's great songs i think it is awesome that they are going to get some dough and exposure on this.
However, I do find it offensive that casting would troll for essentially free labor on the board, since Tennessee is one of the cheapest places to shoot anyway. Paying a bunch of extras the bare minimum for 4-8 hours work would be one of the lowest(if not the lowest) expenses on this movie. Being an extra might sound fun, but it is a job. Granted a low, loooowww skill level job, but still a job. You're going to stand around waiting for HOURS. Every now and then you will feign excitement for three minutes. You will hear the same song played over and over again. Repeat Ad nauseam. It will seem an awful lot like a job. This isn't your friend with a video camera you're helping out. This isn't a local production without money. This is a legitimate movie with backing, that thinks that hours of your time is worth some PBR's.
And because of the overwhelming response to cut my yard, I've decided to offer new opportunities. In short, I need my driveway paved. You will receive FREE BEER, plus you will be entered into a raffle(with 65 other people) with a chance to win a lighter (it makes fire!!) or a shiny mirror (it steals your soul!!) Also, I will take a picture of the back of your head as you pave my driveway and may post it on the internet.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 12:21 pm

If you really want MY SPECTACULAR TALENT, here's what I want:
I want a SPEAKING role.

AND pizza.

AND I have to be paid above scale.

AND I want to share the screen with some scantly clad co-eds with big boobs.

If there's lots of nudity in the flick, I MIGHT deign helping you out and, as a result, improve your "film."

If you're stoopid, and choose not to meet my demands, I'll drink my own damn beer.

I know you'll make the right choice.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 12:34 pm

I know you've heard of me, but in case you haven't here's my resume:

Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Very Special Edition (2011): Lando Calrissian
Houston High School Daily Words of Wisdom (2010): Myself
The King and the Dragon-stage production (1980): Third Tree
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 2:23 pm

i dont have enough safety pins to constitute a close up.

better hit The Hobby Lobby.
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 4:58 pm

I have named the burgeoning Memphis movie industry MEMPHLYWOOD!

Repeat it often. You will be spittling all over town.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 6:51 pm

Now I can't get Memphlywoooooood Baabuhlaaaaawwwwwwwnn outta my head.

Also, The Fingers were already a real band with Shane White I believe.
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 9:37 pm

and jason and raul(?)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®