Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Lorenzen Wright missing
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Posted: Jul 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Never did get to his wing shop out on Mt Moriah!
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 7:29 pm

So, not the shitty MCA-affiliated artist who wraps plastic around trees?
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Recently re-read that thread for entertainment, Sambeaux, because someone brought it to my attention again. Oh my, was it ever entertaining!

I haven't heard much about the LR Tiger, but sure am sorry to hear that.
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Where was that Hack's Cross thread again?
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 5:52 pm

They found his body. :(
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 9:17 pm

RIP RENZO.
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah, I got a picture of Lorenzo with one of my kids from about 3 or 4 years back. A real nice dude. RIP
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 11:41 pm

I got a signed 8 x 10. RIP REN.
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 8:15 am

man, i was at a birthday party last night at the happy mexican when i got the news about this. went from really happy to pretty bummed out.

rip ren.
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 11:00 am

So bummed and sad.
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Everyone keeps talking about how nice of a guy he was. It makes it that much sadder, you know? Anyway, RIP Ren and my thoughts are with all those adorable kids of his.
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Everyone keeps talking about how nice of a guy he was

I want to reiterate what a nice guy Ren was.
The photo I have was taken at one of the open practices the Grizz have in October.
The event was pretty much over and we had met and shook hands with a number of players but not Lorenzo.
One of my kids, Chandler(11 at the time), loves the Grizz. He was fully aware, as anyone who watched Ren play, what a fan favorite he was. When that guy dunked the place went nuts.
He spied Ren about 40 feet away in a roped off area, just about to get in an elevator.
My kid yelled his name. Anyone else would have ignored him, or just waved and got on the elevator. He didn't. Dude, walked all the way back over to us, shook hands, said a few nice things to my kid, took a picture, high fived my kid and left. Great dude.
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 6:52 pm

sucks real hard, and on top of all that the night he went missing there were several 911 hang up calls from his cell phone:(
way to go mpd on tending to that
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 11:07 pm

It's looking like a lax 911 dispatcher in Germantown didn't follow up properly. It's a sad ending to a productive life.
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 9:24 am

RIP Ren.
If it's true about the dispatcher that is just LAME.
Hope that if he takes up haunt at Hack's Cross that he'll organize a ghost posse.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jon_wertheim/07/28/loren zen.wright/index.html
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 9:50 pm

Nice SI piece. RIP Ren.
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 10:41 pm

Watermark
Daily Alerts - August 1, 2010

Lorenzen and Sherra Wright
Lorenzen Wright's Wife Sherra Arrested In Connection To His Murder

After free agent NBA player Lorenzen Wright was reported missing, it seemed to a lot of people including his mother that something didn't seem right.

On July 19, that would be the last day anyone would see Lorenzen Wright, 34, alive, who was later reported missing on July 22nd by his mother, as covered on MemphisRap.com on last week.
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 10:42 pm

just got this from memphis rap
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 3:23 pm

Memphisrap.com desperately needs an editor. Yikes.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®