Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Somewhere dark and cool for lunch?
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 10:53 am

P & H is closed for lunch now...
Having lunch tomorrow with an old friend and need somewhere Midtown or Downtown that's dark, cool, and I can get a beer.

Suggestions?
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

Yosemite Sam's?
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 11:59 am

Is that a real suggestion? I haven't been in that place in 25 years. I've never thought of it as a real place. It always seemed like a speakeasy or something to me.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:04 pm

bayou?
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't like the inside of the Bayou now. And there always seems to be a ton of kids inside for some reason.
Great to sit on the patio though, and great food.

I guess the Deli is pretty cool and dark...didn't think about it...I haven't been in there in a long time. Does it smell in there now?
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:32 pm

I actually ate lunch at Yosemite Sam's like 5 years ago and it was good. I couldn't believe it.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:36 pm

It was. I think they've redone the menu recently. I've seen an older woman bringing in bags of easy way produce, so at least it's not (all) Sysco.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Well, hmmm.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Murphy's

Killer burger (Boca burgers too)
Great chicken philly

private and cool dining with cold beers.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 5:49 pm | Edited by: Wes Memphis

The meat freezer in the "employees only" section of Krogers. Take a blanket with you, grab something from the deli on your way back. Once inside, sit down, throw the blanket over yourself and your meal like a human tent. It'll be dark...and it'll be cool, but your meal, with any luck, will be warm.

Sorry, that's the best I can do.
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Ain't nothin' like Murphy's at lunch time. Reasonably priced slamburgers. The Deli? If you want to pay 10 dollars for a sandwich and some undercooked fries.
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 6:34 am

Erika's Downtown!!!
Dark , woody interior.
Great German Food
If'ns it's still open
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 8:39 am

Closed for several years now.

It don't get much darker than the Cove. Foods pretty good, and you can have all kinds of fancy drinks instead of beer...Or you can have a beer.
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 10:07 pm

J. Wags!
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 11:41 am

The Deli? If you want to pay 10 dollars for a sandwich and some undercooked fries.
Had lunch at the deli twice last week. My sandwich and fries were less than ten bucks, and the fries were spot on. I got the half muffelata.
My fiance got the deli club the time she went with me and she loved the fries.
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 12:15 pm

i spent last friday and saturday eating lunch at wing city on airways. kind of dark, lots of liquor and beer, and the food was good. try it.
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 12:50 pm

been by there on some evenings and there seems to be quite a crowd on occasion. will check it out!
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:07 pm

I like the Belmont Grill @ Poplar and Mendenhall sometimes for a dark and cool place to eat.
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:09 pm

I like the Belmont Grill @ Poplar and Mendenhall sometimes for a dark and cool place to eat.

yes.

and why would you ever order fries at the deli when you can get those montrous onion rings???
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®