Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Batusis (feat Sylvain Sylvain and Cheetah Chrome), Angel Sluts, Hosoi Bros Thurs July 15
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 3:28 pm

Batusis (feat. Sylvain Sylvain, Cheetah Chrome)
Angel Sluts
Hosoi Bros
9pm doors
$10 Advance, $12 Day Of
Tickets available here -
https://holdmyticket.com/mini/mini.php?id=13269
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 5:37 pm

Q: Could they have picked a worse name?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 6:09 pm | Edited by: The Driver

A: No. And is it really possible this hasn't already been claimed by some really dire bar band?
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:03 pm

Don't worry. I'm sure the awesomeness of the band will make up for the name.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:01 pm

I've seen them both in recent years and they were both pretty entertaining. But yeah, I'm gonna send the wife out to enjoy this one.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 10:04 pm

Actually, it would be worth going to watch misslinda harangue Cheetah.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 9:38 am

Hadn't thought about that.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 2:07 pm

from the Smog Veil newsletter:

Just pror to the gig, Syl and Cheetah will meet friends and fans at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art for the Museum's Who Shot Rock & Roll: A Photographic History, 1955 to the Present exhibition.
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 11:18 am

yep, Sylvain and Cheetah are coming to the Brooks for a Q&A on Thursday at 7 pm. Free with museum admission, but reservations are required. call me at 544-6208 for more info!
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 11:47 am

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 11:53 am

the Hosel Brothers!
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 9:57 am

For all but the 25 souls who missed this show- you missed out BIG TIME!
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 11:11 am

should read:For all but the 25 souls who ATTENDED this show
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

really? the sampler songs on batusis myspace sucked
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Easily the best show I've ever seen at the Hi-Tone. Yeah, the Batusi recordings aren't very good, but "Bury You Alive" song was great live...IMO

Sonic Reducer, Trash, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, an amazing, extended version of Jet Boy...and it was Johnny's bday. The crowd was awful, though it was a Thursday night. I told Cheetah that this was the next best thing to having a time machine to go back in time and see the end of rock n roll. Too bad nobody in Memphis went to this or Andy Shernoff's gig (although it was admittedly more of a "storytellers" thing).
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Twas a great show... haven't heard the recordings, but syl and cheetah are true rock n roll characters & the songs sounded great. I thought new songs sounded better than the covers...
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Actually, it would be worth going to watch misslinda harangue Cheetah.

how did THIS go over?
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Miss Linda somehow missed out on this. Maybe he was too busy admiring the David LaChapelle photos and videos in the museum.
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 2:52 pm

eric o
Member Posted: Today, 2:24 pm    Quote
Miss Linda somehow missed out on this. Maybe he was too busy admiring the David LaChapelle photos and videos in the museum.
[i]
[/i]

ha! Who thought they should hang a giant photo of Marilyn Manson tucking his junk between his legs with cunt written on his nasty belly? Not cool.
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 3:01 pm

art, dude. ART!
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 3:27 pm

I'm GLAD I didn't go.
I don't care who dave laChap is, and I care even less about what some goddamned french nigger takes a picture of.
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Wow.
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 4:22 pm

(all the retching has made it hurt to laff)

(or maybe that's my liberal sensibilities).
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm | Edited by: eric o

Rush Limbo told me the other day that Leftists were never happy because they were all agitators, and agitated..
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 9:28 pm | Edited by: misslinda

He's a fun guy.
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 9:32 pm

what is a mushroom?
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 10:44 am

Leftists were never happy because they were all agitators, and agitated..

What's the word or term used when an individual accuses others, or suspects another's motivation or intention when in reality it's a reflection of themselves? It's a form of hyprocracy.
Limbaugh does that on a daily basis.
Very amusing.
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:02 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

What's the word or term used when an individual accuses others, or suspects another's motivation or intention when in reality it's a reflection of themselves?

Projection

Sylvain was great live when I saw him with a backup band a decade ago.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®