Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Antenna Reunion 2010
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 6:51 pm

Antenna Reunion Thursday July 29th meet & greet at the Buccaneer from 7:00 to 11:00 with special guest Barrie Bob at 10:00. Fri & Sat July 30th & 31st at Nocturnal & The Hi-tone. Shows start at 7:00 for the complete line-up, go to Steve McGehee's Antenna Reunion on Facebook. Hope to see you there!
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 4:08 pm

What about us non-facebookers?
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 5:16 pm

I can't find it on facebook... link?
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 6:16 pm

Friday Night at Nocturnal:
Reigning Sound
New Mary Jane Does the Grifters
Sobering Consequences
Pezz
...Fluorescent Butt Jam
Distemper
Small Room

Friday Night at High Tone:
NTJ
Impala
The Linda Heck Experiment
Soul Capitalist
Four Neat Guys
Gasoline Grace

Saturday at Nocturnal:
The Crime
Randy Band
Angerhead/Modifers
Barking Dog
Calculated X
Neon Wheels
Sixty-Eight Come Back
Liza Aldridge & Ross Johnson

Saturday at High Tone:
Raid
Recoil
Greaseland
Eraserhead
R B S
D D T
Sons Of Mudd Boy
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 6:19 pm

Reigning Sound
New Mary Jane Does the Grifters

Very likely possibility that Reigning Sound will have its original line-up.

Very unlikely that Tripp and Stan will recruit Richwad and do a competing Grifters set at Murphy's on that Sat. nite.

Battle of the Band, MOtherFuvkers!!! meet in the street.
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 6:32 pm | Edited by: bruce

is that the old list? from last year, never mind just saw the hitone
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 9:02 pm

who all's playing in 68 comeback?
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 10:30 pm

who all's playing in 68 comeback?

From what I currently understand, Ross/Jeff/Greg O/me.

Also, yes to the original RS lineup.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 9:54 am | Edited by: eric o

Very unlikely that Tripp and Stan will recruit Richwad and do a competing Grifters set at Murphy's on that Sat. nite.

Richwad knows all the songs... just sayin.

Fantastic lineup!
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 12:39 am | Edited by: Uptight White

That's an impressive and vast cross section of bands from all the scenes representing the club's history. Whoever is making this happen really did some work. A Tav Falco, Compulsive Gamblers, and Painkillers addition would be the icing.
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 12:32 pm

for those who don't have facebook,,this is new as of 7-8-2010 but am sure it will change before the 30th...
$15 per night for both venues or $25 for both nights, both venues
doors open at 6pm at Nocturnal
7p Friday Night at Nocturnal:
8p Reigning Sound
9p New Mary Jane Does the Grifters
10p Sobering Consequences
11p Pezz
12a Fluorescent Butt Jam
1a Small Room

7p Soul Capitalist
8p NTJ
9p Impala
10p Four Neat Guys
11p The Linda Heck Experiment
12p Gasoline Grace

Saturday at Nocturnal
7p Distemper
8p The Crime
9p Randy Band
10p Barking Dog
11p Calculated X
12a Neon Wheels
1a Sixty-Eight Come Back
2 a Liza Aldridge & Ross Johnson

Saturday at High Tone:
7p Raid
8p Recoil
9p Eraserhead
10p Greasland
11p R B S
12a D D T
1a Sons Of Mud Boy
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 2:25 pm | Edited by: Golightly

I don't know about the rest of Saturday night at Nocturnal...but The Crime goes on at midnight
Posted: Jul 9, 2010 5:19 pm

How is it a reunion, if you have bands playing competing sets with each other?
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 12:05 pm

ever have one of those days when everything was bass ackwards? well Mine was when i posted the lineup an times of the Reunion so here is the corrected one..Sorry guys!

$15 per night for both venues or $25 for both nights, both venues

1a Reigning Sound
12a New Mary Jane Does the Grifters
11p Sobering Consequences
10p Pezz
9p Fluorescent Butt Jam
8p Small Room

12a Soul Capitalist
11p NTJ
10p Impala
9p Four Neat Guys
8p The Linda Heck Experiment
7p Gasoline Grace

Saturday at Nocturnal
1a Distemper
12a The Crime
11p Randy Band
10p Barking Dog
9p Calculated X
8p Neon Wheels
7p Sixty-Eight Come Back with Liza Aldridge & Ross Johnson

Saturday at High Tone:
1a Raid
12a Recoil
11p Eraserhead
10p Greasland
9p R B S
8p D D T
7p Sons Of Mud Boy
Posted: Jul 10, 2010 1:00 pm

That's more like it.
You had me worried.
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 6:47 pm

My dad played in RBS (sat at hitone) and is going balls crazy with excitement. Listened to them practice without the singer and they sound pretty good so far! Anyone know if 18 year old young'ns are gonna be let in?
Posted: Jul 14, 2010 5:56 pm

HiTone is 18+. Not sure about Nocturnal since they allow smokin.
Posted: Jul 15, 2010 10:01 am

Is someone streaming this live for those of us who cannot come?
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 12:18 pm

No, but we'll be filming and recording the whole damn thing for the Antenna documentary.

Here's a little video teaser for ya.
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 11:39 am

No smoking in the Nocturnal so maybe 18+, too? Dunno.

Good stuff at the Nocturnal on Friday, Jeff Gunn playing guitar!
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 5:45 pm

i can't believe i made it to work today~ fucking greatness last night~cant wait for more!
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 8:05 pm

pics please!
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 7:45 pm

Wow, thats all I can say. Went to Nocturnal on Fri and played with RBS on Sat and I must say... best nights in a long time. We did a pretty shitty job playing but it was still awesome.
and also...
ANGERHEAD!!!
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 9:30 pm

RBS was fun! Slit Wrist mini-set was great. Really loved the Eraserhead set, though - my biggest surprise of the weekend. Bands were fun as hell both nights. Bummed I missed the Tearjerkers/Tanlines at Murphys, but Jack playing with 68 Comeback was fantastic. Good job and thanks for putting it together, Antenna crew!
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 10:10 pm

thanks man, Tim was tearin it up. Nicest sucker I've ever met; he knew all the lyrics to the slit wrist songs AND rbs. He tried really hard to get me to punch him onstage. Cool dude.

Sobering Consequences was my favorite, Pezz did a great job too. But I've had a 7inch of SC's that I've listened to since I was a kid and I was pumped knowing I'd get to see them play. Wish I was fucking around in the 80s!
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 10:17 pm

sounds rad!
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 12:42 am

I think I just figured out who tsktsktsk is. And you and the band ruled it.

You know who else was suprising? Greaseland. I remember them, but they were great this weekend. Loved it.

Also, many, many, many props to the Whatever Dudes and their lengthy history.

And DDT. The last time I actually heard them, I was listening to a tape at Franks. Sold it to some guy that walked in.
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:05 am

Why would someone charge $15 a pop, and not pay the bands?
I hope nocternal burns to the ground.

Antenna, YOU SUCK!!!
I HATE YOU !!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU UP YOUR ASS!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:08 am

DIE!
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:17 am

....and I had to buy my own drinks!

Antenna, You're a goddamn garbage can.
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 10:15 am

look whos in charge this year. are you really shocked?
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 10:22 am

now there's some old-school Antenna sentiment!

Greaseland sounded like they were ready to go back on tour. Either they had been practicing or they never lost it but they were heavy & tight.
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 1:41 pm

what do you expect from a douche bag that can't even come up with his own idea and STEALS it (along with posters and money) from others.

he even made the statement last year along the lines "yeah, doing this reminds me why I never liked dealing with bands".
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 2:28 pm

perfect! you wanted the antenna reunion and you got it!
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 10:03 pm

hee=haww!
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 11:26 pm

what do you expect from a douche bag that can't even come up with his own idea and STEALS it (along with posters and money) from others. he even made the statement last year along the lines "yeah, doing this reminds me why I never liked dealing with bands".

Who the fuck are you?
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 12:30 am

hahaha
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 8:35 am

Take a wild guess.
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 9:02 am

The infamous poster heist is known by many so, it could be anyone really.
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 2:18 pm

Who the fuck are you?

the truth. that's who.

"who are you, who who, who who? aww who the fuck are you..." great song though.
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 5:14 pm

The truth? Really? You can fucking say that?
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 9:54 pm

yessireee hee=haww! indeed
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 11:42 pm

How much money did you make the last time you played the Antenna? Have you ever booked a show? It ain't cheap. I don't think Steve was rolling in dough back then and I'm pretty sure after renting equipment, paying sound people, roadies, door people etc., he's not rolling in it now. What else would you have done over the weekend? Stop bitchin. If there's any money to be made off of a ####### club that brought alot of cool stuff to our town it's Steve. Alot of touring bands would've skipped Memphis if he didn't take the risk of booking them. Don't reunions tend to suck anyway?
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 12:07 am

yessireee hee=haww! indeed

Fuck you, you stupid cunt
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 3:29 am

Fuck you, you stupid cunt

What's so damn crazy about paying the bands? How can you even take the position that not paying bands is right? Shame on you.

People didn't come to any Antenna Reunion because of Steve, they came because they wanted to see the bands. That's exactly why even having shows at the HiTone worked in the first place. It doesn't matter where, it matters who!

If he's too damn mercenary to pay the talent, more power to him and to you for stroking his cock. But if it wasn't for the bands, that logo wouldn't be worth shit.

Anyone want to do a RallyPoint Reunion next year? I didn't think so.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 7:33 am

I certainly don't think it's crazy to pay the bands - in fact I think a few of the bands WERE paid - maybe too much (at the expense of other musicians) - I dunno - I know Steve also helped with travel expenses with several of the musicians, rented equip and I have no idea what other expenses are involved with an event of this size. I've known Steve for a long time - he may have made some bad business decisions but he's not a ripoff. I also heard that some of the bands had guest lists of over 30 people!? I'm not trying to defend anyone here but it seems a lot of stones are being thrown - without all the facts...
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 11:40 am

I'm pretty sure our guest list was small. My only guest was Tim. I told Steve in advance of driving to Tennessee what we needed to get paid and he came through. I've been doing this for 20 some odd years now. It's how I make my living. I don't go anywhere without a guarantee. Especially if it involves 18 hours of driving. I did think it was lame for the bar to charge bands for drinks but I think that's on the bar, not Steve. People willing to get up there and do their thing should have had all the beer they could guzzle. That said, last year with the Gamblers I pretty much played for free and didn't really care. It was fun. I think of it like a class reunion, In which case I'd rather be playing or spinning records or something because I'm not good at mingling.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah - I don't know who was paid and if it was pre-arranged then thats cool. Guest lists are ok by my book too - I guess my only point is I think people were assuming that there was a lot of money left over and I don't think that was the case. I played Saturday night - had a blast and wasn't looking to be paid to be honest. I'm glad Steve had the cash to get some key bands here and to help those who needed cash for travel expenses - I'm also glad he put it together - it was a weekend of great music - something I will never forget.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 5:19 pm

the point is that the whole thing was an idea he stole along with petty cash and some posters a guy spent his money on.

he doesn't give a rats ass about the music.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm holding out for the rock city angels reunion.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 6:54 pm

apparently all the bands are getting paid (a little bit at least). Maybe Steve read this thread, who knows!

I never expect to get paid to play anywhere, I feel a lil dirty when I do. A good dirty though.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 7:42 pm

Steve does love the music. That's why he put up with all the crap that goes with running a club for so long. Everybody's getting paid. He just got caught up in the spirit of the thing and let his expenses and freebies get out of hand. He's walking away empty handed.

And by the way, the bands will get another chance to make money off of the show. We're planning on doing a performance DVD with the several hundred gigabytes of footage we shot, and we'll pay royalties to the bands.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 7:47 pm

I don't know about the poster thing - but how can someone steal the 'Antenna Reunion' idea when they were responsible for the Antenna club's existence in the first place? That logic defies me...
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 9:57 pm

That said, last year with the Gamblers I pretty much played for free and didn't really care.

NOT SO!

Gamblers got paid good and i made sure of that. If you don't remember greg, ask Jack! He got the dough and was suppossed to give everybody there cut.

all bands last year got paid!
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:50 pm

I hope nocternal burns to the ground.

Nocturnal had nothing to do with anything dealing with payment of the bands. We only supplied the venue to the promoter...period...And we allowed the band members to purchase beer for $1 for domestic and $2 for imports..We have never nor will we ever give beer away to anyone. That is our policy. take it or leave it...have a nice day!
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 1:54 am

Hold on Dtrain, I'm not saying I didn't get "anything", but it just covered my gas. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying, after what the trip cost me, there wasn't anything leftover. Breaking even is acceptable for a labor of love, but I didn't gain financially, therefore it was free. The same goes for you, Rod and Greg E. who all came from out of town. You made extra sure we all got some money and I appreciate it, and of course, you da man! I'm glad everybody's getting paid something this year as well. Say what you want about Steve, but I think he did a good job. If Nocturnal chooses "not" to give bands a small number of drink tickets, free draft or some equivalent thereof, "ever", that's their right. I'd say it's not the norm for small clubs trying to draw bands into their room, but it's been the policy of a few I've played. Use'ta love playing beer bust at the Antenna on Wednesdays, we drank more than the three dollar cover could have ever made!
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 9:10 am

i took no money from that weekend.
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 9:14 am

ask jack. the final cut was deffinetly more than gas. if you didn't get that, i need to know.
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 2:37 pm

I don't know about the poster thing - but how can someone steal the 'Antenna Reunion' idea when they were responsible for the Antenna club's existence in the first place? That logic defies me...

hmm. nope, i won't try to explain. i'm done.
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 2:47 pm

leave it
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 2:52 pm

yep
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 3:21 pm

Back and forth to Memphis is $200. I don't remember what we got paid but I don't remember what I got being much more than that. That said, you should have gotten a cut as well. I wasn't in on the logic or the split. Jack gave me some money and I didn't really ask. Like I said, I didn't really care.
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 11:24 pm

thats cool. it's only rocknroll!

PARTY!
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 11:32 pm

hee and ...
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 5:54 pm

Thank you steve for paying us what you did. I came into this not expecting to get paid, so I was a little suprised when I did. I can't stand it when these spoiled ass whiney babies complain about money. If you want to get paid, get creative; sell merchandise, or write some commercially accepted music, dear. I used to play the antenna for free olympia beer, make money bettin on the cockroach races on the bar, and would get in free to see my idols like the circle jerks, suicidals, bad brains,etc that were playin for gas money, and doing it because they loved to play. Of course we would put the bands up for the nite or party, but that's when hardcore was really hardcore and not a bunch of crybaby,"my parents are loaded, so ill rebel and be in a shitty band, move to memphis, drink, snort myself retarded, and be just like alex chilton. What,no pay? omg! we really have to dumpsterdive?, well fuck the antenna, then. When were rock stars you'll be sorry." Go join a coverband or write some shit that people might actually pay for, but if you came to memphis to get paid in a bar, i don't know what to tell ya, except go home.
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 7:28 pm

ha, ha, the infamous twinkie defense, er, "it's all punk rock" defense, grandpa! Your age group quit going to the antenna club years before it headed down hill. By the time the antenna finally passed out, the only bands that would play there were called Fluorescent Butt Jam (sic). Seriously. It wasn't pretty.

Kudos to the reunion organizer for reminding everyone why the antenna went out of business in the 1st place. Hint: it was horribly run. No liquor license ever (had the owners bothered to get one, they could have retired comfortably rather than going to the well--get it, the Well?--one more time to raise money on the backs of the musicians)! Bands were booked and the owner often forgot to show up that evening leaving bands (& fans) holding the bag. Once the crappy used car sales sign out front broke some time in the late '80s, there was never any attempt to advertise shows again. THERE WAS NEVER ANY PROMOTION. NONE. The only way to find out about shows was the answering machine, which usually was not up to date.

The facts are that the antenna had a great 10 year run by being the only game in town, & the owners were its own worst enemy, despite having the world's greatest music bopping through town. By the early '90s, others came along doing it better. As soon as they had any real "alternative" (how ironic!) competition--Barristers--they folded like a cheap suit.

If you want to see how a real music-oriented club survives with competition in the real world, check out the Hi Tone. Truly, they are the finest club Memphis has ever had in terms of this genre--or any, for that matter--of music. They treat the customers well (their bouncer does not slam patrons' heads against a brick wall). They have great food. They have a liquor license. They have a great sound system. They pay the bands fairly. They promote shows as well as you can in this town. The Antenna Club never did any of these things. Patronize the Hi Tone & be mindful that it used to be a lot worse in Memphis and enjoy what a treat it is to see a show there.

$1500 (conservatively) came through the doors for this nostalgia event over 2 nights. If bands agreed to play for nothing or little, let this just be some old-timey antenna (justice) nostalgia for how it really was. That's the way it was when it was the only game in town, punk rockers, and that's why Memphis is much better now for music fans as well as bands.

For god's sake, the promoter has to pay for his facebook account. Give him a break if you got shorted one more time for old time's sake...Next time, book your show at the Hi Tone.
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 8:08 pm

$15,000!
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 2:34 pm

Greg Cartwright = Genius.
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 10:03 am

Bands got paid.
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 12:26 pm

The problem was that $15,000 DIDN'T come through the door, and it took time to figure out why. The bands got paid.
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Hokay...lots of opinion and invective here. And I certainly don't have a problem with either. I also love tending mindless grudges over decades and the Tenna Reunion gave me and apparently quite a few other musicians and attendees a chance to reinvigorate some longstanding feuds as evidenced here. I temporarily gave up trying to remember why I hated certain people in attendance and found myself unreasonably glad to see them. I was certainly one of the prize hissy fit throwers at the club back in the 80s (I still do rather well in that area these days, I'm constantly told) and began to nurse a less than rational antipathy toward club owners and indie labels (in my messed-up mind Patrick Mathe, Long Gone John, Angerhead, Rebel, and the McGehee clan were some evil cabal intent on keeping me from "gettin' paid what I was really due" (which was nothing, come to think of it...I know I'll elicit some agreement on that point as well) while performing there during those years. However, I see things a bit differently these days. And, yes, I am a "producer" on the Antenna documentary and I performed with three bands, emceed, drum teched, and even tried my hand at stage managing (I was a dismal failure at that, of course...Jeff G, sorry to promise you and the Crime a midnight start time which morphed into well after 1 a.m. due to my incompetence) during the Reunion. I thought I was compensated rather fairly for my less than stellar efforts by Steve McGehee and, even more tanfastic, I count Steve as a friend these days. Yes, I like him and his whole family: Mark, Robin, Donna, Cindy, his kids, his dog, etc. Yep, Rebel and Angerhead too. I know that he did pay almost all the bands last week and that there was some extreme dissatisfaction with some of the amounts paid. I also know he did not "make a killing" as some have opined here. Others like myself were just glad to be paid something, thank you. I think the issue of payment should be between Steve and the performers he "contracted" with, but I understand what it feels like to play and not get paid. I also now understand a few things about what a less than profitable pain in the ass it was to keep the Antenna open for ten years until he punted to his brother, Mark, who kept it going a few more years. I also understand that the Antenna Club was the only place in town where an aforementioned talentless incompetent like myself could play without being thrown offstage. I believe that Steve provided a singular performance context that simply would not have existed if he had not kept that dump running for as many years as he did. No, I'm not asking anyone to give up their well tended grudges against him, but I am requesting that people remember that without Steve McGehee a whole bunch of less than skilled musicians would never have played in public and gone onto, uh, glorious careers in the music business. Well, maybe he should be excoriated for indirectly birthing the Memphis shit rock scene that "thrives" to this day. Uh oh, I probably shouldn't talk about shit rock anymore, should I? Okay, cue the violins and shed a tear for somebody.
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

Is it o.k. to talk about my feelings now?
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh, It's okay for you to talk about your feelings, but I need to get and stay quiet re this subject for quite some time to come. And 'feuds' is spelled 'fueds,' ain't it? Revisionist copy editing on the Goner Board? Yes, time for me to go night-night, isn't it?
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 11:04 pm

"Your age group quit going to the antenna club years before it headed down hill. By the time the antenna finally passed out, the only bands that would play there were called Fluorescent Butt Jam (sic). Seriously. It wasn't pretty."
Who the fuck are do you think you are sherman, talking shit about FBJ. And then bragging about the High Tone. that place has the the worse, stuck-up, rich-kid, douche-bag asshole bartenders that provide the worse service in town. That place only represents a small, one-sided genre of music that is not the only scene this town has. You just stay in your little High Tone bubble while the rest of us enjoy the variety that other venues offer. At least the Antenna had air conditioning and more than one bathroom.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 3:11 am

That place only represents a small, one-sided genre of music that is not the only scene this town has. You just stay in your little High Tone bubble while the rest of us enjoy the variety that other venues offer.

You are wrong.

Tonight at the HiTone: Glorie-xylophone rock, Skewbie-rap, Magic Kids-songs about sailing, Dirty Streets-hard rock with a capital erection. And that was all for fucking charity.

You think the hitone does the same shit every night? You probably only go to your own shows.

And if you think the staff of the hitone are douche bags, it's only because even your own mama probably thinks you're an asshole.

Have your fucking fun at the variety those other venues offer--more power to you!, but don't talk shit about shit you don't even know about.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 9:52 am

That's guy's attacking Sherman in defense of Fluorescent Butt Jam. Wy would you even take him seriously?

I do have to say that Dan is a bit of a stuck-up, rich-kid, douche-bag asshole.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 11:17 am

Hey, dickhead. We have three bathrooms, four if you're cool.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 11:29 am | Edited by: Cole

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&to pic=46425

I heard the bartenders at the HiTone were pretntious douchbags....but I don't believe it.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 12:36 pm | Edited by: sherman

hey, ripvanfrank, you must've just sobered up & discovered the goner board after a bad '90s ecstasy trip (Check out Muck Sticky--you'll love him. He's actually the same dr. seuss hat-wearing lollapolooza schtick as fbj singer, except he is funny in a goofy way and not as intolerable).

Who do I think I am? A music fan--that's all--who enjoys a well-run music club. The "Hightone" (sic) is well-run. Were the Antenna so, they would not have booked FBJ so often during their extended demise in the early to mid-'90s.

The 1st time the Antenna had any real air conditioning was years after the lesbos took it over around 1998. The "bathroom" in the antenna was a small metal trough, perched too high off the floor for short(er) people. The "Hightone" (sic) has air conditioning plus 1..2...3 bathrooms including one with a 4-banger in addition to a real dressing room with yet another bathroom for the musicians and their guests.

Sorry I offended the small--yet rabid--FBJ fanclub. Seriously, that band was truly awful, and the singer had no self-awareness at all of how bad they were. If this is nostalgia, count me out.

Also, I don't do socio-economic background research on somebody I order drinks from, but I will agree to disagree about the Hi Tone bartenders. Nice guys (& gals) all of 'em.

I'll stay in my "bubble" at the "High Tone," listening to great live bands from Memphis and all over the world, eating great pizza, & choosing from the finest beers & whiskies available. You can go suck on an antenna tamale and tape-trade your FBJ collection.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 8:04 pm

I heard the bartenders at the HiTone were pretntious douchbags....but I don't believe it.
You be the judge.
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 10:00 pm

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&t o pic=46425

^^ love this thread
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 12:01 am | Edited by: Cole

You be the judge.

oh no....damning evidence.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 5:14 am | Edited by: hitone

classy move scrodgers. guess who just lost his employee discount?
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 12:01 pm

That badass Kramer is for sale if any of you other pretentious douchebags want to step your game up. Dan fell behind on the payments, so I had to kick his ass and repo it.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

i'll see your pretentious douchebag and raise you a potential rapist.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Melgle/100_0595.jpg
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Oh shit! That lady looks horiffied! That's well played.
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 8:03 pm | Edited by: Wire

Potential? That looks damn near post-coital.
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 11:07 am

To know know know him
is to smell smell smell him.
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 11:25 pm

blah blah blah antenna debate turns to a hitone debate- i'm getting drunk.
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 11:30 pm

no,no,no...that was a few days ago. Now it's a pretentious douchebag vs potential rapist debate.

Either way....I'm getting drunk to.
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

Hey man, Bun E. Carlos aint no douche!
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Ron Asheton and Bun E. Carlos -- together at last!
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 2:01 pm | Edited by: hitone

given the opportunity, scott would rape you and everyone you care about. tip-offs include the ole miss haircut and the cold, dead stare.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs277.ash1/20449_124480637 4055_1646261668_606508_8326710_n.jpg
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 4:43 pm

ole miss haircut

That's just funny,man.

This rocks! I'm not sure who's winning though....I'm convinced that Dan is a pretentious douchebag and that Scott is a potential rapist.
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 10:13 pm

The Hi Tone needs a real air conditioner and not multiple wall units that do nothing.It was so hot during the reunion that I stayed about 10 minutes and went back to Nocturnal where it was very comfortable.At least at the Antenna you could stand under a vent and get cool.I have never been in the Hi Tone when it was cooler than the outside temperature and even shows in the winter are miserably hot there.
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 12:06 am

So don't go.
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 7:06 am

Scott is a potential rapist.

very true.

he's always on the prowl for new dudes, so watch your back.
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 8:32 am

Waaaaaahh. The hi tone is hot and the bartenders are jerks. I used to be cool but now I'm old and cranky. Waaaaahhh. Go watch Leno and stay off the interwebs. Geezers.
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 12:45 pm

hahah sev !
so true stay at home naggers or come to a show and
sweat out all that whine!
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 6:13 pm

so true stay at home naggers
no need to get racist about it.......
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 12:04 am

"hey, ripvanfrank, you must've just sobered up & discovered the goner board after a bad '90s ecstasy trip (Check out Muck Sticky--you'll love him. He's actually the same dr. seuss hat-wearing lollapolooza schtick as fbj singer, except he is funny in a goofy way and not as intolerable)."

Message from Mick Cock: "What the fuck is so original about MUCK STICKY? He's a long haired white trash redneck that does rap songs about sex and drugs and he has a midget for a side kick...why doesn't he just call himself KID ROCK LITE or KID ROCK for FUCKTARDS. The singer for FBJ might have the exact same schtick as MUCK STICKY but he was doing that crap back in the 80's in VOODOO VILLAGE PEOPLE years before anyone ever heard of MUCK!!! What has the great and all knowing SHERMAN ever done in this town that WE can all JUDGE? What band have you formed or what film have you made or what show have you promoted? All you've done is shared your unsolicited personal preference of what you like best as if anyone gives a shit!!! Tell me this Sherman do you prefer to spit or swallow when you suck Muck Stickys dick because I know if you are too short to take a piss at the ANTENNA CLUB you must be MUCK STICKYS MIDGET!!!"

We know who you are Sherman Wilmont, owner of Shangra Crap who has nothing better to do than talk shit about other people he wishes he could be. One the other hand, I do apologize to the Hi-Tone for thinking this guy represented them. My bad.
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 12:37 am

That's right. We all know who Sherman is and what he has accomplished. Who the fuck are you again? The singer for Fluorescent Butt Jam?
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 10:39 am

I'm sorry Scott I didn't realize Sherman had a boyfriend... I'm not the singer for FBJ they haven't been a band for almost 15 years you witless tool. my new job is lifting up your boyfriend Sherman up so he can tinkle in the big boy toilets at clubs around town. Shangrala is hardly what I would call an accomplishment but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. "JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN SHIT" and the same goes for Sherman and all the RABID SHERMAN FANS!!!
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Sorry I offended the small--yet rabid--FBJ fanclub. Seriously, that band was truly awful, and the singer had no self-awareness at all of how bad they were.
Hey Sherman FBJ were together for 5 years as a headlining band in every rock club in Memphis during the 90's. including the antenna,616,barristers,the daisy, newbys,the underground,rascals, and the stage stop just to name a few. we also frequently went on tour to nashville tn,murfreesboro tn,louisville ky,cincinatti ohio,little rock ark,tupelo miss,birmingham ala,macon ga. etc etc. So seeing as for 5 years I was having the time of my life and people were coming out to see our shows in large numbers and telling us how much fun we were, you could surely understand how I may have had a little hard time being self aware of how truly awful we were. but thank you so much for pointing that out to me after all these years!!! maybe I can return the favor by asking if you have any self awareness of what a clueless taintskin you truly are?
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 3:43 pm

No accounting for taste, I guess. Taintskins were great. Your band(s)? Not so much.

Thanks for signing up for the goner board though.
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 7:01 pm

so true stay at home naggers
no need to get racist about it.......

:) im eating a chunky bar!
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Taintskins were great
I think the Taintskins were great too!!! I'm glad to see we share some common ground. Maybe if you would stick to talking good about bands you like instead of ragging on bands you don't like, you wouldn't piss people off... just saying.
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 8:14 pm

I sure ain't the voice of reason or reconciliation, but there is some common ground here in these sniping skirmishes (I just updated my sniping skirmisher license in McNairy County this morning...cheaper there and no lines at all), ain't there? I love to see someone besides me revisiting old grudges or authoring new ones on the Goner Board. Bear with me for a minute if I don't immediately engage your gag reflex with some "reflecting." Without Sherman Wilmott and his label/record store, whatever music scene there is today in this bighted nightmare town would probably be greatly diminished. Sherman opened Shangri-la with instore flotation tanks for bathing suit wearing customers who came in to trip to Pink Floyd with headphones (question to Sherman: did anyone ever get completely nakey in one of those tanks...besides me, I mean?) and, well, anyone who is on this board right now knows how important Shangri-la was to the local scene. There is an argument that Sherman (and Jared too...ain't forgetting you, buddy boy...or Andria, hello in there), much like Steve McGehee in the 80s, served as something of a first cause in the final decade of the last century as far as creating a context for just about anything that goes punk rock in the night around these parts. Sherman has always been honest, straightforward and frank in his dealings with me (and also quite indulgent at times...uh, private note to Mr. Wilmott with that one) and everyone else who has had dealings with him. He always lets you know where you stand with him and that kind of honesty is rather refreshing these days...to me it is, at least.

And Mike Cupp/Mick Cock has been a great standup comedian since he was slinging pizzas at Garibaldi's in the early 80s. I fancy myself a "funny boy" at times, but I would not want to go up against Mick even with the loudest of PAs and a 'Flamin R' monogrammed, gold plated microphone in my hand. Mick would kill me. If you hate(d) his various bands (Voodoo Village through FBJ) then fine, but he's right about them filling up clubs here in town. It ain't art rock. His act is vulgar, accessible and funny, and that usually puts asses in seats more often than worthy obscuro rawk (I can speak to the obscuro element but not to the worthy part). There has always been room for hip/unhip bands in this town, hell, in all towns with any kind of music scene. There has been room for both during the last thirty years and I think there still is. Culture wars and personal grudges make a scene interesting, I give you that, but this is such a small town when it's all said and done so...wait, I was about to sound a Rodney King styled call for peace in the hood, wasn't I? Oh, shit no, not that. How close was I to arguing for "diversity?" That is really creepy. I didn't mean it. Let's keep those grudges going. Contempt keeps things lively and I better not forget it.
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 10:13 pm

What has the great and all knowing SHERMAN ever done in this town that WE can all JUDGE?

he put out the MAN WITH GUN LIVES HERE record!

nuff said!

oh yeah, and he made the STAX museum.
Without him Isaac Hayes's car wouldn't be there.

Go Sherman!
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 11:02 pm

he put out the MAN WITH GUN LIVES HERE record!

nuff said!

oh yeah, and he made the STAX museum.
Without him Isaac Hayes's car wouldn't be there.

Go Sherman!

Yeah I guess you could say he's the ANDY WARHOL of Memphis!!!
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm going to start talking about Yow any minute.
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 10:50 am

immediately engage your gag reflex with some "reflecting." Without Sherman Wilmott and his label/record store, whatever music scene there is today in this bighted nightmare town would probably be greatly diminished.

Everybody that was into good music in the early 1990's knows how true this is. Eric and Sherman both turned the place into a not only a great record store, but also a friendly depot for the Memphis music scene, even if you asked if they had any "Janes".
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 11:25 am

And Mike Cupp/Mick Cock has been a great standup comedian since he was slinging pizzas at Garibaldi's in the early 80s.

It certainly seems like he has a fantastic sense of humor.
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 3:49 pm

It certainly seems like he has a fantastic sense of humor.
damn scott that was a nice thing to say and now I feel like a tool for taking a jab at you... I promise to try and play nice from now on. thanx.
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Yow started out as a culmination of two separate bands who frequently played the likes of the Antenna Club and Decadence Manor as Uncommon Virtues and Bullemic Cattle. After taking a lot of hallucinogens in the late 80's, it was decided the bands would start experimenting as a "battle of the bands while on stage at the same time". Eventually, select members from each band went on to form YOW, while others went on to form the seminal anti-Canadian outfit, American Lesion....
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 4:06 pm

You're my Taco Belle.
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 4:46 pm

pro-Canadian
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 5:18 pm

eh?
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 10:18 am

I don't think there's any reason why somebody can't hate on Sherman without recognizing his importance to Memphis music. I mean, that Strapping Field Hands LP and the Grifter's first one are amazing, but the dude is a total asshole.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 12:18 pm

You can hate on whomever you like. I just think it's funny that the former lead singer of Fluorescent Butt Jam would ask "What has the great and all knowing SHERMAN ever done in this town that WE can all JUDGE?"
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey, Scott's right!
And he's a d-bag!
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 1:23 pm

I just think it's funny that the former lead singer of Fluorescent Butt Jam would ask "What has the great and all knowing SHERMAN ever done in this town that WE can all JUDGE?"
when I wrote " what has the great and all knowing sherman ever done" I had no idea who sherman was...I thought it was some talentless piece of shit asshole who is a living testament as to why abortion should be legal that was ragging on one of my old bands. But now that I know it's sherman wilmott I totally realize I was wrong!!! turns out it's a talentless piece of shit asshole who is a living testament as to why abortion should be legal that use to own a record store. my bad!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm

That's guy's attacking Sherman in defense of Fluorescent Butt Jam. Wy would you even take him seriously?
Hey Scott why don't you follow your own advice you stupid motherfucker!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:47 pm

At onset, Yow was an experimental outfit combining traditional instrumentation, modern effects technology, and often hand-made, improvised instruments to amazing (if not confusing) effect. After shuffling from club to club in midtown, they eventually made the New Daisy theater on Beale their home....
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:50 pm

I want to hear more about Yow. Any links to their music?
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:52 pm

No.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 3:56 pm

I googled them and came up with a memphis jam band Goner board thread. Oh well, you made em sound cool....

it was decided the bands would start experimenting as a "battle of the bands while on stage at the same time".

I mean that sounds cool as shit.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Yow was an experimental outfit combining traditional instrumentation, modern effects technology, and often hand-made, improvised instruments to amazing (if not confusing) effect.

Yow is my Moby Dick. I will find music by them.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 4:07 pm

I mean that sounds cool as shit.
When you're high as shit all the time, lot's of things sound like great ideas.

From 90 until around 95, it was fun. From 95 to 99 it became a jam/cover band.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 4:48 pm

When you're high as shit all the time, lot's of things sound like great ideas.

Hey, man. Millings was brilliant material.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 5:26 pm

I am not Cameron Hinson. Stop calling Cameron and yellin thinkin i'm her.. Now she's yellin at me. All i did for the first one was help her get the word out and get her in contact with some of the bands. I also helped her at the event. thats it.

Sherman rules!
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 5:26 pm

I think your Moby Dick should be a recording of the Bay City Rollers covering Moby Dick. Or Moby's dick.
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Sherman rules!
yeah if it weren't for Sherman there would have been no "MAN WITH GUN LIVES HERE". it's not as if you guys were so bad ass you would have been able to do what you did without Sherman. Nope you sucked so bad if not for Sherman you wouldn't have existed...PLEASE and to think we used to let you into our shows for free because you printed our T-shirts. If you want people to stop thinking your Cameron quit posting shit that makes it look like you had anything to do with putting on last years reunion. She paid to fly your dumb ass to Memphis and you didn't even do anything so why the fuck should YOU make any money that weekend?
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 11:23 am

She paid to fly your dumb ass to Memphis and you didn't even do anything so why the fuck should YOU make any money that weekend?

i didn't make any money. I didn't ask for any. I helped Doug with the bands adhearing to the schedule and helped Kyle with stage stuff. I also helped man the ticket booth, made change runs, stood at the stage door for hours so the firemarshall didn't get too pissed, etc,etc...If she wants to buy me a plane ticket to help thats her buisness...

I don't know why your upset at me.
She asked me to get the word out on the internet for the show and i obliged. We are friends. I also drove her back to kentucky. I was the person she called with the idea and asked if i would help her get in touch with some of the other bands. Once the word got out, bands started calling her themselves.

So your right! I had nothing to do with anything!

Again, no clue why i'm on the choppin block here...

PLEASE and to think we used to let you into our shows for free because you printed our T-shirts.

Uh, ok....?

it's not as if you guys were so bad ass you would have been able to do what you did without Sherman

Thanks!

As for Sherman, he's always been nothin but cool to me.
We are very thankful he put out that record. I think we might be 2nd in all time label sales behind the awesome Grifters, but i may be wrong about that so don't quote me! ha-ha...

Thanks Sherman! You rule!
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 11:30 am

Here ya go:

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=45823

please note the post where i say
"Cameron wants to thank everyone involved"

and also: " we are back in Kentucky now".
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 11:56 am

I can't wait for next year!
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 2:43 pm

I can't wait for next year's thread!
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Nothing like watching a bunch of middle-aged rockers act like pre-teens. This is fucking classic. No wonder touring acts avoided Memphis for so many years!
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 5:42 pm

I continue to avoid it!

HEE=HAWW!

it's too damm hot there!
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Nothing like watching a bunch of middle-aged rockers act like pre-teens. This is fucking classic. No wonder touring acts avoided Memphis for so many years!
yeah cause this shit only goes on in Memphis and no where else on earth...
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Again, no clue why i'm on the choppin block here...
you aint on the chopping block mike... as a matter of fact now that i know this is memphis mike and not cameron i will go on record as saying memphis mike is one of the coolest people i've ever met and man with gun lives here rules, i was joking about "and to think we use to let you into gigs etc" we always liked to see you at shows ,you are one cool and funny motherfucker and talented it that is why you would have succeeded with or without sherman. the grifters, 611 simpleone etc all benefited from sherman but they hardly needed him. he is a glorified stepping stone at best and more of a music leech than and music fan. but if you like him thats cool i just thought since he shared his unsolicited personal opinions about me then i would respond thats all. man with gun lives here rules but sherman? not so much...
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 11:42 pm

i was joking about "and to think we use to let you into gigs etc"

I could tell you were joking because of how funny I was, and I know you're a comedian.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 12:02 am

I been posting as dtrain for YEARS here on the ol GONER board...I didn't really think my identity was secret anymore. ha-ha...honest!

It's all good MOFO! I'm only here to party!

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks for the kind words bro!
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 8:49 am

I could tell you were joking because of how funny I was, and I know you're a comedian
once again I wish shermans live partner scott would practice what he preaches!!! hey scott pop shermans dick out of your mouth and smell the coffee... this ain't about you!!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 8:55 am

I been posting as dtrain for YEARS here on the ol GONER board...I didn't really think my identity was secret anymore. ha-ha...honest!
I've never been on here before until recently when i started receiving e-mails stating some asshole was on here talking shit about me for no apparent reason. sorry if i got you yelled at!!!
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Man w/ Gun, Shangri-LA/Sherman, the HiTone, Goner, and yes even FBJ were and are ALL important pieces of the scene that is Memphis. What is everyone arguing about again? I thought this was about the Antenna Reunion.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm

For some reason I am not even part of this argument, but feel the need to defend Sherman, who seems to be getting attacked alot here (mostly by mofo)....

While we don't know each other personally, I always at least exchange a hello with Sherman if I see him out and shows and he has always been a cool person to me....

Shangri-LA opened when I was about 16 years old.... It was Sherman/Eric running it and it was the first *real* independent record store I had access to in Memphis. (and later an independent label as well) - Sherman and Eric both got me into tons of cool music that I knew nothing about at the time.... That store literally changed the face of the Memphis scene and gave people a non-corporate place to get their local and independent music. How could you rag on someone that did (and is still doing) so much for Memphis, whether you get along personally or not? Most of my first 100 or so records in my record collection either came from Shangri-La or through mailorder. There weren''t many other options (any??) for real independent music in Memphis. I will always respect Sherman for bringing that to Memphis, and all the work he has done for Memphis music since then.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 5:21 pm

but feel the need to defend Sherman, who seems to be getting attacked alot here (mostly by mofo)....
I did not start this attackfest!!! sherman is the one who decided to go on line and started shaking my tree and if you're going to shake my tree you better be ready to deal with what falls out.How could you rag on someone that did (and is still doing) so much for Memphis, whether you get along personally or not?
I don't know him personally and HE is the person that decided to rag on me...once again defending myself!!! If I got on here talking shit about you TEMPLESHAKER and you didn't know me or why i would be doing what I was doing would you just let it go? or would you defend yourself? All I did (I thought) was do an old friend a favor by reuniting with some old bandmates for the antenna reunion and the next thing I know I'm being told by Sherman every band I've ever been in sucks and how truly awlful I am as an entertainer. I'm with Ross Johnson on this one because I always thought there was plenty of room in the town for both my COMEDY rock bands and Shermans ART rock bands but I guess some people feel differently about that. my whole message here is that just because one person doesn't care for something doesn't mean it sucks. thats his opinion, but share that opinion with your friends who care, don't go on line and act as if the whole world gives a shit what you like and what you don't.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Wasn't trying to get into it with you, I used to go see FBJ back in the day and thought it was always an enjoyable show..... My only point was to defend Sherman's place and role in how the Memphis scene has evolved in the last 15 years. This isn't really my battle, I'm just gonna step out now.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Wasn't trying to get into it with you, I used to go see FBJ back in the day and thought it was always an enjoyable show
i didn't think you were trying to get into with me at all bro I just wanted you to understand that I did not start this stupid shit and i'm with you man I'm just gonna step out now too!! (I hope)...thanks for coming out to shows back in the day and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself...Ross wouldn't say it but I will "can't we all just get along?"
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Anyway, a few other awesome things about Yow, aside from the free drugs, was the lightshows, the free trippy stuff and the fact that tickets were never more than three dollars. Even made their own tickets. On sale in advance. Yow realized early on that you could guarantee a good time by getting the money up front....
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 6:49 am

by getting the money up front....
Truer words were never spoken....
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 8:42 am | Edited by: Scott

Wy would you even take him seriously?
once again I wish shermans live partner scott would practice what he preaches!!! hey scott pop shermans dick out of your mouth and smell the coffee... this ain't about you!!!!

Believe me, I don't take you seriously at all. I'm fucking with you because you're an easy target, and it entertains me. Possibly the first time you've ever entertained anyone?

I'm just gonna step out now too!! (I hope)
What's the matter? Can't you control your own ability to not log onto a website, and type on the keyboard? You're probably the kind of guy that follows someone home if they flip you off driving down the road or tries to start fights if someone says "Your mamma!"

I've never seen your act, but if you were doing the same thing Muck Sticky or Kid Rock does before anyone else did it, then you do deserve the respect due to someone who is the progenitor to a long line of dumbasses.

Truer words were never spoken...
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 11:06 am

Possibly the first time you've ever entertained anyone?
this shows what a clueless art fag you truly are Scott.maybe you should stick to molesting young boys (and short people who can't reach the urinal at the Antenna) and leave us big boys alone.What's the matter? Can't you control your own ability to not log onto a website
You're the one that seems to have a hard time following his own advice?You're probably the kind of guy that follows someone home if they flip you off driving down the road or tries to start fights if someone says "Your mamma!"
actually if someone flips me off driving down the road I just smile and wave, it seems to piss them off more? anyways if I were that type of person don't you think I would have come to the Hi-tone looking for you by now? You know Inever had sex with Sherman so I don't know what your problem is with me but it makes me happy to know I'm rubbing you the wrong way!!!! xoxoxo love you scott.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 11:07 am

I've never seen your act, but if you were doing the same thing Muck Sticky or Kid Rock does before anyone else did it, then you do deserve the respect due to someone who is the progenitor to a long line of dumbasses.
If you knew me at all you would know that I take this as a compliment. thank you very much!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

clueless art fag you truly are Scott

As preposterous and hillarious as this proposition is, I too, will now start referring to Scott as an "art fag".
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 1:41 pm

is that a video of scott sipping wine and discussing the merits of cubism over dadaism?
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 3:24 pm

PLEASE start referring to me as art fag! That would be truly awesome!
Sorry to disappoint, mofo, but I don't hang out a the Hi-Tone that much anymore. Too busy going to art openings and whatnot, but feel free to hang out there waiting for me anytime you want. Maybe one you'll get lucky, and I'll art fag your skull in.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm

Now that's entertainment!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 4:03 pm

Maybe one you'll get lucky, and I'll art fag your skull in.
ooooo that doesn't sound redneck at all. did i makey scotty mad? or tries to start fights if someone says "Your mamma!"
sounds like you like to fight, me I'm a lover... and right now I'm loving that your pissed!!!! I'm sorry I called you art fag I guess that is an insult to art fags everywhere. but keep up the good work fighting shermans battles maybe he will let you be the bottom boy next time to show his appreciation. until next time my new best friend!!! xoxo
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 4:20 pm

Yow recorded their first official release at the house on Carnes with Jim Medlin's mobile recording unit. The cassette, Mellowoyowollem, was an underground, acid-party hit with the b-side a behemoth psych journey at 21 minutes.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 4:33 pm

i wanna hear the gold you speak of that is yow _ i'll dance to anything!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 5:23 pm

i wanna hear the gold you speak of that is yow

Yes!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 5:34 pm

and right now I'm loving that your pissed!!!!

So wrong...again.

good work fighting shermans battles maybe he will let you be the bottom boy next time to show his appreciation.

I don't know why you're so hung up on this "sex with Sherman" thing. Do you think that's supposed to be insulting? It's old news to be honest. Who hasn't had sex with Sherman at this point?

sounds like you like to fight

No. You're the one who said something about coming to the Hi-Tone to look for me. Just giving you something to look forward to.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be fighting about at this point.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 5:58 pm

Off Topic...did Sherman drop the price on that that cool ass car yet?

Carry on art fags.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm

if I were that type of person don't you think I would have come to the Hi-tone looking for you by now?

this is what I said, I said nothing about coming to the hi-tone to look for you, I stated I'm not that type of person and this is getting very boring Scott YOW sounds much more interesting than anything we have said so I'm getting in the wizards hot air balloon and flying back to Kansas and just like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz Scott I will miss you the most!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:23 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:29 pm

YOW sounds much more interesting

Wait til you hear their version of Sting's Seven Days!
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 1:04 am

This is just TOO funny! If Anyone wants to know the REAL truth, just ask. I was the glue and heard and know everything from dtrain, mofo, sherman, cam, etc. I can't and won't say so much for steve, but he got unfairly ripped as well. (And where was the Hate List, mslynda? You rule...) Much love to Memphis 80's-90's music, one and all!
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 11:06 am

Welcome to romper room Jeff!
Posted: May 9, 2011 2:32 pm

No Schizoid, No Cruel Injustice, No Pazuzu, no real reunion.
Posted: May 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Pazuzu was there, minus ed dickhead.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®