Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 10:54 am | Edited by: Wes Memphis

Anyone remember this Southern rock band from West Memphis that put out a pretty good 4 song ep back in the early eighties? It had the song Southern Whiskey on it that got a lot of local airplay on Rock 103 at the time. Used to have it years ago and would love to get my hands on it again. I'm just wondering if there are any known copies of it left in the universe.
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

got an autographed copy in my hand.

southern whiskey is the first track.

it can be yours for a 12 pack.
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 8:50 pm

DEAL!!!
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Dang no private message feature on this board or I'm getting more tarded by the day? How can I contact you? I can throw an email addie up here if you prefer. Thanks!
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 7:03 am

jbhrrell@memphis.edu

hit me up. thanks.
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 12:36 am

i know bill kellon he is a cool dude:)
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah it seems they were all cool dudes. They were a little older than me but my cousin who was a kick ass drummer ran with the Kellons a bit.
Posted: Dec 25, 2015 6:52 pm

I just hooked my turntable back up and listened to this ep for the first time in many years...sounds even better than I remember!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2016 10:56 pm | Edited by: Tim Teabag

I was at this show in Midtown. Ransom was the best thing to ever come out of West Memphis but somehow success evaded them. I'm sure some of you other "old fuckers" were there.

Posted: May 24, 2016 2:47 am

I'm the White Devil Man in the middle of Niggerworld
Posted: Mar 6, 2017 8:22 pm

Here's one for ya. We're so notorious over here they're namin' bands after us. Now I know most of yall "punks" readin' this forum ain't into this kinda music, but that's just too bad ain't it?

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 5:01 pm

Some obnoxious drunk guy posted that last night using my screen name.
Posted: May 2, 2017 1:34 pm

Ransom still plays. We've done a couple shows with them, and they are going to join our St Jude benefit on July 15 at Tin Roof, Moonlighting for the Cure.
Posted: Jun 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®