Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / I Love Cleveland Avenue
Posted: May 3, 2010 12:39 am

... roll down and see that Vietnam Bistro is open (where Royal Dragon used to be) and it must be the Grand Opening & every Vietnamese family in the neighborhood is there... it was rockin! Note to try it sometime soon. Then there's someone getting arrested over by Viet Hoa and complete mayhem at the bus stop in front of Kroger.

never a dull moment.
Posted: May 3, 2010 3:57 am

+ Rocket Science Audio!!
Posted: May 3, 2010 5:44 am | Edited by: Scott

Ok, so there are some dull moments.
Posted: May 3, 2010 6:04 am

I once saw two guys fighting each other with giant tree limbs in the Kroger parking lot. One landed a blow across the other's back, and I'm pretty sure I could feel the wind that was knocked out of him.

I'd hate to see a Target go in and sanitize that area.
Posted: May 3, 2010 1:07 pm

I have definitely seen my fair share of weird shit on Cleveland, especially when I used to hang at the armory every weekend
Posted: May 3, 2010 5:56 pm

from the armory roof one day me n rob saw the best hobo fight, one was yelling at us to call the cops...um we arent gonna help you get your crackrock back sorry buddy.
Posted: May 3, 2010 6:08 pm

favorite thing about cleveland- the old homeless lady at the bus stop who looks just like jimmie dale gilmore!

she's the only person i'll stop and give money to.
Posted: May 3, 2010 7:38 pm

Racist!
Posted: May 3, 2010 7:40 pm

I would only give her money if she sang I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown.
Posted: May 3, 2010 7:48 pm

while sitting on your knee?
Posted: May 4, 2010 6:01 pm

Cleveland is my Winchester
Posted: May 4, 2010 7:17 pm

Crenshaw: Do you remember the 5 yr old vietnamese kid that would come over and shoot at people with his bb gun?
Posted: May 4, 2010 8:44 pm

Put Dire's Hamburgers back dammit! And wheel the old lady who used to sleep in Pat's Pizza at night in there for atmosphere.
Posted: May 4, 2010 8:50 pm

there was a dwarf (no, not a midget...a dwarf) who would occasionally play banjo and sing in the mata shelter that was on the northwest corner of poplar and cleveland back around '96.

i brought a harmonica and jammed w/ him once. somewhere it exists on a micro cassette.

his name was Lyman and he had a twin dwarf brother.
Posted: May 5, 2010 2:04 am

I remember them!!!!

I lived on Clark practically down the street!!
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:41 pm

Crenshaw: Do you remember the 5 yr old vietnamese kid that would come over and shoot at people with his bb gun?

Ya, he also cussed better than most grown men. Jay told me that kid once offered him crack.
Posted: May 6, 2010 9:50 pm

I remember the dwarf twin brothers too! They used to come into the donut shop with their guitars.
Posted: May 7, 2010 9:33 am

Ya, he also cussed better than most grown men. Jay told me that kid once offered him crack.
I remember when OCU raided his grandma's house next door. I heard the commotion and jumped into some clothes because it sounded like they were about to come in the front door. I think I was watching cops at the time which made it even funnier.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®