Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Overton Park Drunkards to Jail 4/20
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 5:54 pm

twitted from Memphis Flyer...

Re: Overton today. Hearing that people are being ticketed for drinking beer and 2 Blue Crush paddy wagons are there. Be smart, people!
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 6:46 pm

I saw a paddy wagon from my window!
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Wow what a huge waste of tax dollars. ugh
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 11:59 pm

death to weedheads
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 2:14 am

What a wonderful way to honor Der Furher on his birthday! 88!
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 8:45 pm

germany cries, US niggas get high
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I heard that two bongs were confiscated!
Blue Crush crushing dope smokers...your tax dollars at work!
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 10:08 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

your tax dollars at work!

Generating more revenue for our city! Genius! It's like a tax on the very very stupid!
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am

Generating more revenue for our city! Genius! It's like a tax on the very very stupid!
Agreed.
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 11:20 am

You think it generates enough revenue to offset the cost of a big Blue Crush operation? Or those huge cameras they set up? Or all the legal aid for those dirty, lazy hippies?
I don't know..........
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 11:32 am

I actually don't care, but I suspect the fines are pretty high, no pun intended. I just don't want people doing illegal things in a public park. I am not sure why a bunch of people think the rules don't apply just because of the date.

Those cameras are usually there. Not sure if they brought extra, but there is usually at least one.

This behavior should not be tolerated, I am sure it costs the city to clean up and to control the drugs and people after the fact as well. Even since the Spring break craziness I have seen a greater police force there.
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 12:32 pm

You think it generates enough revenue to offset the cost of a big Blue Crush operation?

Certainly generates more revenue than having a bunch of Blue Crush cops hanging out at Howards Donuts waiting for calls to come in.

Hippies don't need legal aid, they need baths!
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I did hear they brought in that big camera they use on Beale St. for NYE. (I actually think that's a pretty good idea. There are tens of thousands of people down there for that.)
I just don't have a big problem with drinking beer and smoking weed in the park. Hell, they sold beer at the Shell for years and years.

Now, if there was a way for the Blue Crush guys to arrest for patchouli I'd be totally into that.
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 1:42 pm

being completely unaware of the date, the gf and i strolled through the park on Tuesday with the dogs. as soon as i realized what was going on, i groaned and contemplated taking a detour, but we soldiered on through the den of insipidity. as it was getting close to dusk, there weren't many folks there (left?), but there were a bunch of cardboard waste bins set up and the park looked remarkably clean. i caught a couple of wafts of the herb, but nothing really that crazy going on. the cops were stationed up by the monument and over by the playground and seemed fairly bored and not particularly itching to crack any heads. so was there some kind of understanding? like "we'll keep our distance if you're not openly drinking or using hueg fucking bongs or selling"? i have no idea...
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 2:23 pm

That would have been a good day and place to drive arround with the Santa Claus outfit.
I need to make plans for the future!
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Hippies don't need legal aid, they need baths!

And encephalotransplantation.
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 9:25 pm

The best thing I heard all day on 4/20 was the GED Program Director at my agency tell me, "Some of the kids said they are gonna change their 4/20 festivities to the 22nd..."
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 9:16 pm

I went to work like normal people then got stoned at home like normal people.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®