Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Poop on Channel 30 news
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:03 pm

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story/Stinky-Situation-in-H ickory-Hill/-bbYeZ_O6EymHJNpZpd-Ag.cspx

"You can't even walk out there to get the mail," said tenant Dee, who didn't want to use her last name. "I sent my little boy out there to get the mail, and he was like, 'Mom it's boo boo.' That's sad."
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Gone are the days when Eyewitness News was on Channel 13 and reported real news. They were "THE ONE"!

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:52 pm

They were so for real:

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:27 pm | Edited by: saispas

And for good, completely tangential, measure:

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I was more of a Mason Granger and Brenda Wood kind of a girl. They were so good!
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh yeah, Action News 5 has always been a must in every Memphis household I've been a member of.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:40 pm

And I want that blazer Brenda has on in that video.
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 2:13 am | Edited by: Luke Warm

I wasn't in Memphis as a kid so I saw these people.

Fuck you and your cameras in the courtroom!
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Did anyone go on a field trip to the T.V. studio?

Lynn Sitler, and Marge Thrasher were scary.
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 11:32 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

on Channel 13 and reported real news.

I've noticed that there is a distinctive style that immediately tips me off that I am watching a local Fox affiliate. It's the way they really sell a news story like a lurid NY Post headline. More CA era Povich than Cronkite, so of course I find it compelling. I've noticed they focus on local brutal crime stories, often interracial, for their special reports that are teased and stretch out for multiple segments throughout the week.

Memphis FOX 13 news is generally staid, and Les Smith really impresses me as a standout, and I like his unique, generally fair style. I doubt he'd get his panties in a wad if some assumed he was the sports guy. I still miss Channel 5's Bob Burke from the early 1980's. He always seemed like a brother from another planet.
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

If I were head producer for a News show, I would headline a story about some type of feces every day.
Posted: Apr 4, 2010 2:35 pm

...loved the weiner poopie short, reminiscient of the Pelican Crew.
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 2:04 pm

Pelican Crew is all time greatest.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 1:34 am

When I was 15, Claudia Barr was 35.

Now I am 40, and Claudia Barr is still..........35.

How does that happen?
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 11:45 am

Black don't crack.
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 11:46 am

Oh yeah, and she FINE.
Posted: Apr 9, 2010 2:33 pm

My brother used to bone that reporter when we were in high school. Nice to know what she's up to now.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®