We're rooting against you too.
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm

all of you
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm

32 to 16 at the half!

How was the NIT?

:)
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Been to the Nobody's Interested Tournament....NOT FUN, NOT FUN AT ALL! :) This is soooo much better!
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 9:47 am

The NIT was about the same as it was last year when UK was there.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 10:56 am

Boring and full of losers?

Glad that's behind us....
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 12:18 pm

It's one of the few NIT's I can remember with so many high level programs. Too bad for Memphis it isn't Round-Robin.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm

That's good, redbone, you'll still enjoy all this when all this didn't happen a few years from now.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 8:50 pm

No shit! I almost hope Kentucky does win the national championship just so they can have it taken away...
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 9:09 pm

That may be the case. I'm certainly not suggesting a law abiding citizen. If the same thing happens to us that happened to the Tigers (for whom I also rooted on heartily while I lived there), at least we'll still have this to keep me warm at night.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 9:42 pm

No, they'll probably take those too.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 9:44 pm | Edited by: robin

Chico Harris : Ole Miss = redbone : Kentucky

Chico Harris : 2008 = redbone : 2010
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 8:40 am

If the NCAA currently didn't have enough on their hands hawking Calipari & a couple of other gems, I'm sure they could have a "Cold Case Unit" and more than a few of those Kentucky banners would instead be used as horse blankets.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 10:31 am

No way Kentucky gets past West Virginia tonight. Gonna be close, but huggy bear pulls out the win!
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

If the NCAA currently didn't have enough on their hands hawking Calipari & a couple of other gems, I'm sure they could have a "Cold Case Unit" and more than a few of those Kentucky banners would instead be used as horse blankets.

This just sounds like sour grapes. Regardless of what you think of the present coach, you cannot deny the rich history of UK that attracts top level talent year after year. I take that back. You can deny it, but you're only fooling yourself.

Not all programs have to cheat to win...Calipari excluded...
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 11:33 am

How's this...

WVU wins tonight - Goner never hears from Redbone again.

UK wins tonight - Memphis buys some fucking tuners!

Deal?

:)
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 1:18 pm

While I have several very good reasons to have sour grapes against Cal and Kentucky this season, I can assure you I was never a Cal apologist and was actually more-than-OK with him leaving. Not leaving in the manner that he did, but this city has enough problems without Calipari's constant TV mugging and lines of BS.

And if you don't think there is a rich history of Kentucky cheating its ass off (longer than Memphis rich history of same), please look into that.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 2:39 pm

I assume you are referring to the eddie sutton years. There was quite a bit of cheating but very little winning. Then he got busted and the school was punished while sutton moved on to ok state Scott free. Sound familiar?
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 4:04 pm

you cannot deny the rich history of UK that attracts top level talent year after year

Statements like this are the reason why the only people who like Kentucky are Kentucky fans. This is the douchiest thing I have ever heard. You probably wrote it while tuning your guitar and dancing a jig in a Colonel Sanders white suit.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 8:18 pm

beautiful game. boy cal looks bad, win or lose.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Beautiful game indeed! Joy!
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Tuner companies tried to use all their pull at the end, but... see ya, Redbone.

Loser.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Kentucky is a fine state but I'm very happy to see Cal lose.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Wow, that game was wicked cathartic. I don't even care much about the rest of the tournament. Guess I'll just start getting excited about the "top level talent" we have coming to Memphis next year with our number-one recruiting class!

Bye redbone! Convenient of you to leave once your ass gets pwned. Have fun with that, cos I know you're still lurking around. PS, I have perfect pitch and experience intense physical pain in my ears and teeth when things are out of tune, and Memphis musicians shouldn't change a thang. Keep it up, dudes. <3
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 9:57 am

Ah. Still feel relaxed, but gotta say I want to know what Kentucky fans are saying this AM. I'm pretty sure the general vibe has gone to anger...at Cal.
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 1:52 pm

No, I think he pretty much has them hoodwinked. I have been combing various threads and comment posts, and nobody has anything other than nice things to say about Cal.

It feels pretty good to be done with this whole thing, I have to say. I do think Cal could have gone farther had he stayed at Memphis- his supporting cast would have been massively better- but I also think that we would have ignored his place in the SAT debacle and let it slide, and eventually we would be screwed even more than we were this year with everything that happened.

As soon as he left I posited a theory that he wouldn't thrive as a non-underdog; that is interesting to see today. He can't fall back on the "they (the media, the refs, commentators) are picking on us because we're a mid-major and they don't want us to win" argument this time. All everybody is saying is how they're a bunch of haughty, entitled assholes who expected a championship to be handed to them on a silver platter.
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 1:59 pm

An addendum to that, since for some reason I can't edit my last post, is that every time Calipari choked when Memphis lost in the tournament (which, now that I think about it, is a lot more often than just 2008) the media coverage would be all like, "aw, look at those spunky kids from Memphis who really gave it a go this year." The country, I think, was pretty split on him, and thought he was doing a good job for what he had. In the past 12 months the entire country has turned against him because of 1. the vacating thing and 2. just simply because he's coaching for "the Notre Dame of basketball".

I hope he has lots of fun with that over the summer.
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 10:59 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

It could have only been sweeter if he lost the NCAA Championship game for a 3rd time.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 2:09 am

It could have only been sweeter if he lost the NCAA Championship game for a 3rd time.

i would die laughing if that happened and he had to vacate yet ANOTHER final four appearance because i don't see that greasy slimeball cleaning up his act any for ky.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 9:05 am

I don't know. It sure is a satisfying loss. And Kentucky hasn't been beyond the Elite 8 for more than a decade, so they're used to underachieving.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:27 am

I'm STILL riding high after that game...once again, Cal got flat-out outcoached. Huggy Bear OWNS him, 8-1.

It was a perfect combo of all the coaching failures he gave us at Memphis:

jacking up 3's & not adjusting the offense - first elite 8/UCLA game
missing free throws - Louisville and Kansas game
can't figure out a zone defense - pick a game, any game

redbone's forgotten that the "rich history" of UK doesn't mean jack to recruits these days. they weren't even old enough to understand what basketball WAS the last time kentucky was truly relevant.

but he won't be posting now to see that if he keeps up his end of the deal...
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:58 am

Tuner sales down.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 6:51 pm

It was a perfect combo of all the coaching failures he gave us at Memphis

True so true. My other favorite Cal Failure is the simple fact that he is apparently OK with allowing teenagers to just figure it out rather than be bothered with being a bench coach.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:07 pm

jacking up 3's & not adjusting the offense - first elite 8/UCLA game
missing free throws - Louisville and Kansas game
can't figure out a zone defense - pick a game, any game

Don't forget: and then blaming the refs/yelling at people/covering his mouth up in shock/glaring at the refs, then after the game kissing fans' asses and talking about what an amazing emotional ride it's been
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:38 pm

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/judd-prefers-calipari-to-g illespie-as-her-leading-man/

Ashley Judd is SUCH an arrogant douche!! I mean, not like you didn't know that, but oh my GOD! Everything she says is so entitled! I'm glad she cried like a baby. Oh my god, I HATE HER.
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 8:43 am

Wow, I didn't think it would just get more ridiculous as the piece went on, but leave it to Ms. Judd to make it so.

(An "ism"? She says that like she means some kind of rash.)
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am

She's in grad school at a liberal school; she should know what an "ism" is.
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®