Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Beware the SIVADS OF MARCH! - featuring the Reigning Sound!
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 5:38 pm

As a longtime lurker, I'm finally moved to participate so I can post this message alerting all Goners and other interested parties to this (probably) one-time-only event, which I find myself co-coordinating:
You've experienced Africa in April, you've enjoyed Memphis in May, now get ready for THE SIVADS OF MARCH, a four-day (March 25-28) tribute to the late Watson Davis, aka "Sivad, the Monster of Ceremonies," beloved host of the "Fantastic Features" horror movie program that ran from 1962-72 on WHBQ-TV Channel 13 in Memphis, introducing terrified and delighted young'uns (such as myself) to "Night/Curse of the Demon," "A Bucket of Blood," "I Was a Teenage Werewolf,'' to name just three of the movies we'll be screening at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art.
Also: a Sivad art show; panels and meet-and-greets with Sivad family members and associates, including the man who organized the famous Sivad appearance in 1963 that attracted 30,000-plus kids to the Fairgrounds; Sivad "holy relics" (we hope!), including the original cape, top hat, makeup kit and his musical instruments (the Ghoulaphone, the Skeletone and the Coffinola); and a March 27 concert featuring the Reigning Sound, whose latest album, "Love & Curses," is named for a Sivad catchphrase.

Here's the story announcing the event in The Commercial Appeal, with links to the (oft-changing) Sivads of March website, etc:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/mar/01/sivad-inspires-festiv e-takeoff-art-culture/
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 6:03 pm

should be monstrous!
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 6:15 pm

We hit town on the 23rd, can't wait...

Sivad's currently creeping out the denizens of Bath:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11214739&l=48428c2587&id=7256354 70
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:22 am

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 6:14 pm

beifus rules
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:10 pm

Sivad!!! Tobonga the Killer Tree Stump!!! Dick FUCKING Miller!!!! Reigning Sound!!! good stuff. (o.k maybe not the tree stump/claw screening, but still...) woo-hoo!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 4:24 pm

Is Kate gonna be there?

She's DELICIOUS!!!
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 8:41 pm

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Sivad artifacts arrived at the Brooks this afternoon! gonna have top hat, cane, cape, make-up kit and more on display in our Rotunda Thurs-Sun!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®