Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Megadeth & Exodus @ Minglewood Hall March 23rd
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

I guess Testament is playing too...I said that in a total whatevs tone.
Excited to see Exodus way more than Megadeth. Pretty stoked to see Dave Mustane in person though and fan out
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

This should be fun!
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 1:12 pm

When you feel the metal up your ass, think of me!
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh hail yeah a real metal show in Memphis for a change. Exodus...I'm there! 44 Magnum Opus!
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:05 pm

[riggleresque]
I was backstage at a Sabbath/Exodus gig back in 91 or so and I was waitin on Geezer and Tony to sign some shit for me and Rick Hundolt was stting next to me, I mentioned to him how baddass "Bonded By Blood" was and how it was an important album to me...all he said to me was, "what about the other albums? We have other albums you know...?!!?" If I wasnt a shy 19 year old at the time, I woulda said, "yeah,well, they suck"...but I didnt I just stared at him in disbelief on how big of an asshole he was[/riggleresque]
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm

I think the Bonded By Blood singer Paul Baloff or something, died didn't he?
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

I bet the New Daisy people are really pissed about this.
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Whoah, I didn't know anything about this:
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Let_There_Be_Blood

Stupid!
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Double Whoah!
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Chuck_Billy_(vocalist)
I didn't realize Chuck Billy's cancer was sperm cancer in his chest! That's like a super-awesome update to the Rod Stewart/NKOTB semen stomach pump urban legend.
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 10:36 am

Bonded by Blood is truly epic. I'm sure as a musician it has to be disappointing to peak in 1 album but it happened.
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 10:53 am

Look at the Stiff Little Fingers.

Probably deserves its own thread over in ??????
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 11:42 am

This should be fun!

for you.
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Boned by Blood!
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 10:32 am

General Admission $37.50
Presale $37.50
Testament Meet & Greet $150.00

i dig testament for real but jeez.
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Boned by Blood!

Can this be the title of the TSOT lp?
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 8:54 pm

bump...anticipation

exodus exodus exodus
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Here's my distinctly Exodus-free feature for the Flyer.
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Or rather, HERE'S my distinctly Exodus-free feature for The Flyer. Just wanted to put a human face with what will soon be instructed to remove its head from its ass for excluding Dark Angel or some such crime...
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 11:21 am

Read that at the airport. After weeks of looking forward to the show I ended up being out of town. How was the show?
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Exodus should not have been billed as such. They played a lot of Bonded by Blood songs but the new singer did not suffice at all. Needs to be sent to The Tool Academy. I've already erased it from my memory, waste of time. Testament sounded incredible. Most of the original members except the drummer. Authentic old thrashers, cool dudes. The vocalist sounded amazing and the band sounded perfect. Their song writing definitely is pretty typical thrash 101 but I give them props for sounding so great and really rocking the fuck out. Megadeth sounded exactly like they did on Rust in Peace. Exactly. Dave was a cocky dick and pretty much made me fall in love with him. The band sounded great but they're not at that Slayer level of thrash excellence, they just aren't THAT good. Dave took his shirt off for the last song which was pretty hilarious considering he's an old dog now. But he looks great and exactly the same 20 years later. Played Rust in Peace start to finish. The bassist was the only original member besides Dave. The 2 other dudes were great though. Cool older metal dudes, the real deal (none of that Ed Hardy Motley Crue garbage). Dave introduced the band, and then said "and you all know who I am." Also mentioned that "we're all here to celebrate one of my greatest albums of all time." It was an awesome show. The crowd was great too. I was the only hipster there. Everyone looked like they were one of the West Memphis 3, in a coven, or a rapist. Lots of Arkansalternative metal heads and cool ass older dudes. Real metal show, wish there was one of these every night!
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Everyone looked like they were one of the West Memphis 3, in a coven, or a rapist.

best description of a crowd.....ever!
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Nice! They definitely brought some metalheads to town... Minglewood, more Metal, please!
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks for the great review Lacey! :)
It would have been nice to see that show but, alas, it wasn't meant to be.
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Everyone looked like they were one of the West Memphis 3, in a coven, or a rapist. Lots of Arkansalternative metal heads
goddamn right !fucking megadeth!!!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®