Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Bomar, Crenshaw, Yarber helping with 80s indie band movie to be shot in memphis
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 10:28 am

http://www.gomemphis.com/news/2010/feb/11/punk-and-roll/

could be good. there hasn't been many smaller movies (or any movies) shot here lately.

go go bomar!
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 10:29 am

ps it ain't you, Crenshaw!
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Wow. Marshall Crenshaw involved. A Grant Hart song....very cool.

congrats to all those talented local people.
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Fuck i thought after the davilla 666 mismatch I'd start getting credit for all kinds of things i dont do...back to obscurity.
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm

This is the guy who did House of the Devil, which aside from capturing a spot-on 70s era slasher/satanic horror vibe, was also an above the bar horror movie when most of them nowadays are awful. And Tom Noonan and Mary Woronov played the creepy satanic couple!!
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

I read the script, he's trying to do an authentic story about what he refers to as a lost era in music, the mid-1980's. the movie was originally supposed to star the black lips and was titled "let it be" -- some of you probably had heard about this film. the name has since been changed and the black lips are no longer doing the film, but it reads really good.
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 10:21 am

It definitely sounds intriguing. Great for Memphis. That era certainly got me lost in one thing or another.
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 10:47 am

And Tom Noonan and Mary Woronov are playing the creepy Satanic Couple!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®