Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Zippin Pippin
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 11:31 am

Word is it's being torn down as I type...
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 11:44 am

I'm glad I took pictures of it a week ago. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 12:46 pm

glad I got whiplash from it!!!
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 7:52 pm

As a very small child, I stayed with my grandparents in East Memphis during the summer while my parents moved us from the Bay Area to Atlanta. when my cantakerous old granddad announced he was taking us to Libertyland, I said, "Oh boy! I'm gonna ride every ride a hundred times!"

when we got there he marched me straight to the Zippin Pippin, slipped the ride operator some folding money, put me in the seat, got in next to me, and proceeded to make me ride it at least 10 times, while I begged and pleaded and cried my eyes out wanting to get off, to teach me not to exaggerate.

good times.
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 12:32 pm

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 12:48 pm

Huh. Well, I hope it at least goes somewhere. During the great Libertyland Debate, bradx was pulling for just saving the roller coaster. Maybe he'll get to ride it now!
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 2:41 pm

indeed! pretty weird!
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 7:11 pm

good news!
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 7:52 pm | Edited by: saispas

I'm glad it is going somewhere rather than rotting away here. Enjoy it, Cheeseheads!

Now, let's do something cool with all that old Libertyland land.
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Going to Green Bay!

perhaps that's where Dee moved?
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm curious how do you sell something that is completely demolished?
Take a look at it today
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm

maybe it was just the intelectual rights
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm curious how do you sell something that is completely demolished?

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 11:05 am

Guess What....

The Zippin Pippin fell to the ground. I heard it, scared the living shit out of me here in da hood =-[

Seems whatever geneuis decided to ripp it apart a month or so ago (to decide if it was stuctually fit) caused it to weaken and fall over ;-]
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Another Memphis moment. Can't wait to see this on the news tonight. Surely they'll cover it.
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 9:52 pm

geneuis

takes one to know one
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®