Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / touring tips for memphis and surrounding areas...
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 1:05 am

hey all,

my band YIS is pretty keen to come over, see the sights, maybe pop in to see Gonerfest while we're over there. we've never done any playing overseas before (or been to the US), so, what do you think is a reasonable ground to cover in just under two weeks? it'd probably be in september as our bass player is already coming over for ATP and GF. any tips? places to play? people to get in touch with?

cheers,

simon
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 1:07 am

neglected to mention that we're from Melbourne, Australia.
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:28 am

You can totally play at Bruce's house.
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 9:42 am

looks like i already have a full house
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 4:18 pm

apparently we've got somewhere to stay, which is good...

i got suggested from another forum that if we're only there for a week and a bit and a bit that we do louisville, nashville, atlanta and maybe auburn and birmingham... thoughts? where are the good places to play?
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 4:39 pm

louisville, nashville, atlanta and maybe auburn and birmingham... thoughts?

You mean to play basketball?
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm

i have a pretty good hook shot/finger roll.
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm

i would cut louisville, nashville, auburn and birmingham, add new orleans, maybe mobile,and austin. don't think anything's really happening in b'ham, i guess nashville is possible
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 5:32 pm

thanks for that... how far out from the dates do you reckon we should be booking the shows? obviously we'd love to play gonerfest but not everyone gets invited... i guess when the lineup comes out i'll start getting in touch with some of the bands about sideshows, etc...
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 4:06 pm

there is the Nick in Birmingham,
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 8:37 am

thanks, looking it up now... who are some good locals from there?
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm

here ya go.. internet gold

www.indieonthemove.com - links to clubs in US and direct contact to clubs booking /talent buyers

www.artistdata.com - will let local media know u coming thru the area..
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 9:12 pm

NICE.

anybody got any experience regarding keeping things legal, visas, etc?
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 11:09 pm

tourist visa, if asked about equiptment your recording somewhere, not playing shows
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 12:01 am

thought so... hopefully we can play with some generous bands so we wouldn't be lugging too much backline over. it'd be nice to get away with just bringing guitars + pedals...
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm

alright, another question... who is good for car/van hire?
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 10:10 pm

where are you renting?
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 11:02 pm

who knows, at this stage... this is the memphis board, so, memphis?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®