Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Great win over Denver.

"We believe we can beat anybody," Gay said. "We're going out and making a mark for ourselves, making a name for ourselves.

"I think in the future, people will know that Memphis is going to be one of those good teams in the West."

Zach Randolph was amazing, Marc Gasol was solid, Rudy & OJ did their jobs, and Thabeet had about 45 seconds of intense genius.

Zach: 32 points, 24 rebounds.

Fun game.
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 10:33 pm

You have to admit it looked like they were going to blow the game after a 25 point lead slipped to 2. It was a relief once there was some effort on the court again. Still I think this was the first of several games that they gave up 40+ points to an opponent and still won.

One game closer to hitting 500 in how long?
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 10:43 pm

I do admit it! But it was so great that they can finally NOT LOSE those games.

Denver is not gonna shoot 25% all game, and Grizz won't shoot 65% all game, either.

We're 12-15, 13th out of 15 in the West.

With that record, we would be in 6th place in the East.

Z-Bo!
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Z Bo is just out of control--in the best of ways, for once! Lovin' him. He had it in him the whole time. Something about his current situation he must be really happy with because when he was on the Blazers (I saw him as a rookie until he was traded) he was a mess pretty quickly.

But his rookie year he walked dead into Shawn Kemp smoking crack in the locker room/Damon & Sheed being busted in WA on the way home from Seattle with weed/Damon being busted for weed in his home (totally illegal search & seizure, but anyway.../Ruben Patterson (babysitter rapist) on board--I actually liked him as a player/Pippen being arrested for carrying an unregistered handgun/Mo Cheeks coming on board to "coach"/last, but not least, determining Bonzi Wells was his "best friend".
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm excited for Grizz vs. Hornets games this year. They're both playing at the same level of mediocrity.
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 4:01 pm

what no love the grizz 25 point beatdown of phoenix at phoenix?!
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 5:33 pm

oh yeah. LOTS of love on that. Grizz blowing people out on the road? LOVE IT!
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 6:15 pm

liked the new grizz radio spot i heard today or at least the production quality. kinda caught it in the middle so i'm not sure what it was about but it sounded great!
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 6:59 pm

big game tonight... can the grizz jump over .500?
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 10:09 pm

hanging tough!
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 10:00 am

Yep! OVER .500 with a gutsy win on the road. Tonight, Utah.

Go Grizzles.
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 10:36 am

That was so great; cool how supportive Portland fans are of the Blazers again, but still funny how little most of said fans know about basketball (i.e. the constant, loud booing of ANY and ALL foul calls on their team, even and especially when replays demonstrate a foul definitely occurred). They can't help it. I doubt the Grizz would care if the audience thought they were there for the Harlem Globetrotters if they'd just SHOW UP!
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:39 pm

Did someone with the team bust the water main? There was no way the grizzlies were gonna win that game until the building was evacuated. The 1,000 or so fans that came back in had more energy than the much larger crowd prior to being ushered out.
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 9:05 am

That's the truth. But no, no one busted the water pipe on purpose... major hassle for all involved. Mostly in the end, though - the Clippers!

I can't remember a Grizz game where they trailed the entire game and won it in the last minute or two. Plenty of times they've managed to lose those, though.

they did play like crap, but i think the clippers kinda had zac's number.

go grizz!
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 2:34 pm

That was luck! Almost as lucky as OKC having a haunted hotel for NBA guests
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 10:39 pm

SEVENTH SEED IN THE WEST BITCHES!

Serious. Damn! Now above Houston, New Orleans, and Phoenix... 1 game behind Portland, San Antonio, and Utah.

Twenty minutes after the final buzzer, Charlie Villanueva was still sitting at his locker in full uniform, a towel over his head, while Tayshaun Prince declined to speak to the media.

Ha Ha! Love it!

GO GRIZZ!
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 12:31 am

I'll admit that I jumped off the wagon in recent years. I live in MS and kind of quit following. I'm back. Great, scrappy, team. I'm going to the game Saturday. Zach Randolph deserves to be be an all-star.
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm | Edited by: hemant

I love seeing us in the top ten in the powerrankings!

Yes!

GO GRIZZ!!
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

and... and... and... ZACH RANDOLPH IS AN ALL STAR!

GO GO ZEEEEEE BO!

Here's an ESPN blogger eating crow...

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 11:39 am

Charlie Villanueva was still sitting at his locker in full uniform, a towel over his head,

After seeing Chas V during the game, a towel over his head is a vast improvement.
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

And, yes, GO Z-BO!!! I'm actually ready for a new Zach nickname. Any ideas?
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 1:17 am

way to go grizz. Got one back after that horrible game against new orleans.
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:21 am

z-bo ticket giveaway going on right now
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 11:13 pm

grizz sucked it tonight.
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 9:59 am

Thank Allah for the All-Star break.
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm liking this Ronnie Brewer trade!
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Last nights game was INSANE! Gonna reunite with my boy J Will tomorrow vs. Heat
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 1:13 am

j will ain'tcha boy. c'mon.

sheeeeeeeeeeit.
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 9:18 am

back 2 winning. will be great to have brewer comin off the bench. something to look forward to. maybe we'll start seeing OJ running some point?

come on grizzzzzz!
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Forgot he was traded to the Magic.

We HAVE to beat the Nets tonight!
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 8:48 am

brewer tore a hammy
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 12:33 am

best game in a while, lakers have a hard time beating the grizz in memphis, kobe took advantage when we didn't close 'em out with clutch free throws at the end. he's a killer.

Hadaddi had his minutes! I still like this team, even if they can't seem to figure out where they're at right now.
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 10:33 am

Agreed, I love this team!
Who's yer Daddi had a great game!
There should have been 2 men on Kobe in the last 10 sec. But we can't win them all. There is not shame in that game though!
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 1:10 pm

nope! yeah, make Ron Artest miss the last shot again... Kobe wasn't gonna let that happen again.
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 3:57 pm

... and yes, I'm taking credit for having Lawler come out to pump up the crowd in the 4th quarter. One of my favorite Grizzlies moments ever!
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 4:10 pm | Edited by: kelleybean

Boy that game last night was so exciting! I have never been that riled up over an NBA game in my life.
We actually have a team this year that seems like they really care whether they win or lose. Randolph seems like a real geniune guy too. He is really fun to watch.
Oh and Marc Gasol is sooo much better looking than Pau.

Way to take on the Lakers! Go Griz for real!
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Agreed Kelley!
And Lawler coming out was beyond epic!
Ron Artest has the best ass in the NBA, just an FYI
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 9:14 am | Edited by: kelleybean

Won another on the road last night! Yes! A bit nervewracking in parts but once they got the bench out there it turned around. Good time!

Ron Artest has the best ass in the NBA, just an FYI

Haven't noticed this one but you know I will be looking out! F the Lakers though...
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 3:33 pm

thabeet goes to the D league
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 4:20 pm

thabeet goes to the D league

From what I've seen looks like Haddadi can handle it. He's pretty good!
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 4:22 pm

and really fuckin tall
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 6:49 pm

Hornets vs. Grizz tonight! Who will take last place in the southwest division?!
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 9:21 am | Edited by: kelleybean

Wow howz about that game against the Celtics last night? Thabeet was looking good too! Guess the D-league did him some good. Go Grizz!
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 10:21 am

Wearing my Grizz shirt all around Boston today! Dirty looks! So much fun!
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Great humiliation of the Celtics! Fans behind the goals were just dumbfounded. Ha!

Sport them colors, robin!
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 5:10 pm

grizz/celtics game was awesome!

Hey, any of you people doing Tour de Grizz? I got the fancy tickets. Haven't been to the zoo yet since I've moved here, so it should be a pretty nice day of Memphis excitement.
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Nugs game was lame... Grizz just gave it away.
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 11:11 am | Edited by: rayultine

Unless the stars align, looks like we might have to settle with being the best non-playoff team in the NBA. But holy crap, what a great year to move to this town. Never a dull moment with the grizz.

I'm gonna play naive GM for a sec, feel free to flame away. Especially since I don't know if the contracts would work out. If the Williamsburg Nets get John Wall, we sign-and-trade Rudy for Devin Harris, then draft one of the many badass available SFs in this year's draft. Think about the improved defense/passing/consistency we'd have at the point with Harris. Then Conley would be a stellar 6th man. We draft Damian James or Hobson if he enters? booyah! More depth and leadership without sacrificing youth and we are a perennial playoff team.

see y'all tomorrow night at the hi-tone, strangers.
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 2:46 pm | Edited by: eric o

oh yeah...

Goner Grizz Party vs Golden State
Wed 9:30 Hi Tone - Free!
Tearjerkers to play after!

details here http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=104950332869447&ref=nf
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®