Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm gonna be in Memphis over New Year's and I'm finally going to get my Goner tattoo. Does anybody have any recommendations for tattoo shops/artists in the area?
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Underground Art (down the street from Goner) gave me a gift certificate once for a Haiku I wrote. I never used it and still have no tattoos. Probably will one of these days.
Them and I've heard good things about the Tattoo places on Summer; the one at the corner of Summer and National and the one next to the Kung-Fu place between Graham and Highland.
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 7:07 pm

No Regrets.
It's the only place I go anymore.
I was there yesterday getting shading on my right forearm.
UA is good, too, but I love NR.
Call ahead to either place - odds are good that there's not many openings left (guy I use is booked through mid January).
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 9:37 am

hit up Mark at Trilogy on Highland...
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 9:41 am | Edited by: Miss Faye

I gotta put a shout out for Babak at Trilogy on Highland. He's done two masterful covers/reworks for me. Definitely call ahead.
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 10:52 am

I second Babak.
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 11:47 am

Yeah, Mark or Babak.

I heard UA has a $125 hourly/minimum which is way too much to pay esp. the Goner logo. That said, who isn't going to upcharge you as an out-of-towner coming to get a logo of a Memphis label in Memphis. I'd get your hometown person to do it. Actually, I wouldn't get it at all, I'd sooner get the Dwarves Skull and CrossBoners.
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 12:07 pm | Edited by: jerryd

i'll tell you where not to go: Mouses on hwy 51

unless you want it to look it was done in prison.
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 2:26 pm

fer reals! i got tattooed there when i was 18 and the dude kept stopping to beat his whiny kid.

and the tat looked like it was done in prison.
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 2:30 pm

I got an AWESOME tattoo at mouses!
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 2:30 pm

On the other hand, I probably still wouldn't go back.
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Yeah, Mark or Babak.

Yep
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 2:33 pm

I got an AWESOME tattoo at mouses!

You have an awesome tattoo?
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 3:14 pm

unless you want it to look it was done in prison.

I didn't know you got yours done at Mouse's.
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 4:15 pm

Dave at Underground Art.. or Kevin at Rameses Shadow

I have seen Trilogy overcharge for little pieces before
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 12:10 am | Edited by: Cole

oh shit this whole thing just occured to me. I have about five tatoos on my body and it would be really cool to get a goner one. I'm a newb in the community , having only recently been purchasing the labels music. I really love the music these guys are putting out. So would it be
cool to get one, or should I hang around a bit and become more involved, earn it I guess you could say.
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 9:09 pm

I have seen Trilogy overcharge for little pieces before

Yeah, I saw one of them quote a ridiculous price on some flash while they were doing me. I didn't know the artist before I went in, but they cut me a good price because they liked the piece.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®