Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / finding out about shit?!!?!
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 10:29 am

So the Goner family is obviously pretty on the ball about promoting their own shindigs on here, but after living in this town for almost 6 months, I have no idea how to find out what the fuck is happening.

CA and the Flyer are good about LISTING events, but they don't actually put forth any effort to explain what is going on and why I would want to be there transacting cash and drinks.

Soo... are there any blogs/papers/websites that gives some nice descriptions of what shows/bands/djs/weekly hamjams actually SOUND like? Cause I'm turning into an old fart that doesn't want to shell out $8 to the Buccaneer when I accidentally wander into equestrian-themed hip hop night. Err maybe I do. Who knows?! HELP!
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 1:02 pm | Edited by: Windy

Find Andria's blogs - she's good about going outside the scope of the goner board and is good with descriptions.

stuff like this

well, after a second glance, this might be better
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 1:45 pm

Try this: Memphis Flyer | Sing All Kinds blog:
http://www.memphisflyer.com/blogs/SingAllKinds/

or this: Memphis Flyer | We Recommend:
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/we-recommend/Section?oid=1104308
...which generally has descriptions of the recommended events.
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 2:13 pm

Yeah like I said. The flyer writes an article about local music once every ten days. Is there a blog that at least tries to write a sentence or two about everything that's happening? imo the would be a much better resource.
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 6:35 pm

google google google

I don't think you're going to get much more than that on a regular basis
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 8:05 am

www.memphishatesyou.com lists shows, usually provides links and some description
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®