Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / A REALLY BIG Memphis MUSIC SHOW at Nocturnal
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 6:28 pm | Edited by: Nocturnal Underground

check out this link below for info on The Randy Band, The Resistors, EveryDay Parade and Linda Heck Trio's grand performance at Nocturnal club.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174941027797&ref=nf
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Oh man, I'll be there. And, I'm bringing my picture of Dorian Gray.
Party!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:10 pm

that just takes you to a log in page, any clues to the date?
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Sat., Nov. 28th, I believe...

Linda Heck will be back with JIMI INC on 1/1/10 at The Cove.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 8:01 am

I hope you youngsters realize that this may be the only opportunity to see The Randy Band in your lifetime!
I am moist with anticipation!
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 3:43 pm

I am moist with anticipation!

Please take care of that before the show. I don't want any of it getting on my stage.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Also:

$5 cover. Music starts at 9 pm EXACTLY!

LINDA HECK TRIO! (w/John McClure, Kurt Ruleman and special guests Jim Duckworth and Jim Spake)

THE EVERYDAY PARADE! (The Crime ex-members Jeff Golightly and Rick Camp)

THE RESISTORS! (Greg Hisky, Monty Raulerson, Billy Howell and Keith Demario)

THE RANDY BAND! (Randy Chertow, Tommy Hull, Jim Duckworth, Ronnie Vandiver and Harris Scheuner)
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 4:36 pm

I don't want any of it getting on my stage.

It depends.....
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm

THE RANDY BAND! (Randy Chertow, Tommy Hull, Jim Duckworth, Ronnie Vandiver and Harris Scheuner)

i only count one randy
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 5:24 pm

i only count one randy

They all look like goats.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 11:18 pm

No, see, they are randy.
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 1:34 pm

I can't wait to see The Randy Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2637/4120096079_e5e6927797_o.jpg
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 9:32 am

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 11:45 am

Big disappointment for me . Duckworth sucks - he played that jazz fusion/prog rock shit all the way through. That was NOT the Randy Band. Harris did ok though.
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 7:48 pm

I never saw the original Randys, but I liked this iteration of it- the Duckworth/Vandiver interplay was cool at times, and yes, Harris did an outstanding job on the skins. Having good songs helps a lot. As a whole, maybe the best $5 show I've seen in a long time. Nobody sucked, and the guitar work ran the gamut of genres and styles with no real weak spots. Some of the best rhythm sections I've heard, too, really strong bass playing from all the bands. The pisser had that strong smell that I associate with Aunt Enema, as well. A good night all around.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 8:13 am

It was a really fun night...We (The Everyday Parade) sounded like we were shot out of a cannon...we never get to play and when we do, it's pure joy.
I thought all the bands sounded really really good and Harry's right...a fookin' bargain at 5 bucks. To say Jim Duckworth sucks is dead wrong...he is one of the best guitarist in town...maybe he did not fit The Randy Band in your opinion, but the man is so far from "sucks" it ain't even funny.
The Randy band's show may have been beautifully shambolic back in the day but it's all about the beautiful Tommy Hull songs and I thought for a band that has not played for 16 years they stood up there and did a great job of breathing life back into them.

Next on my wish list...Barking Dog.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 11:37 am

I stand by my opinion - Yes, it was only 5 dollars but I paid 5 dollars to hear the Randy Band not Spiro Gyra or Toto."did a great job of breathing life back into them. " It was more like life support . I have spent years telling people how great the Randy Band were and I was embarassed by this revision of one of my favorite bands. I practically wanted to cry and I wasn't the only one Golightly ,you're a nice guy but not everyone likes mayonnaise, vanilla and pablum.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:10 pm

I can get you your five dollars back if you want it. Unless you can go back in time and get the same members and the same chemicals, your favorite band will only ever exist in your memory...it's fuckin' tough to pull off something like this after all of them years and it will NEVER be exactly the same...I was just taking you to task for saying one of the best guitarists in town "sucks"...I wish I sucked as much.
I'm glad I don't have to worry about you coming to a reunion of The Crime...but it would be the same for you...according to you we sucked back then so we would suck today...I'll put you on the guest list anyway...just like you were for Saturday night...Randy had you on the list.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:56 pm

Duckworth IS technically highly proficient but he plays with the warmth and soul of a wet paper towel. I guess that appeals to some people.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:00 pm

You won't have to worry about me attending any more reunion shows. After Sat. , I am a firm believer in letting the dead stay buried.
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm kind of with you on reunion shows...but it's fun to see some folks you have not seen in a long time...and for me it's more fun to walk up to someone who has not seen me in 20 years and see them trying to figure out who I am...they remember a 30 inch waist line and a head full of hair and no glasses...I'd like to have a reunion with THOSE things
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 8:04 am

You won't have to worry about me attending any more reunion shows

Rumple... Stay away from Nocturnal the weekend of July 30 and 31...just wanted to give you a heads up..
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 9:43 am

Don't worry . I've learned my fuckin' lesson.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®