Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / what nobody wants to talk about memphis kansas tonight?
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Not even Trouble? Geez memphis basketball fans are weird.
And so is trouble.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 5:05 pm

I do, I do!
I can't wait!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 5:11 pm

I have to see a kid for a session but that event will be on my "later tonight" list of concerns...the very idea kinda makes me nervous given the history, but the game was so damn fun the other night, whatever happens, happens. I am just glad we are where we are...and where we are likely to be in the future.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 6:21 pm

I was just getting on here to see if this fucker was going to be on tv. I don't know how to do this DTV menu shit.

Fuck you, Justice. I didn't talk shit two years ago, and I'm not going to talk shit now. Just because I'm not a Memphis fan, I don't necessarily dislike the Tigers.

I'd tell you to go shave that rat-fuck beard, but then you'd look like like Zac. Except more fucked-up.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:08 pm

I don't even care if we win...(true Tiger fan)....I just want to see them!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Alisa, we should go to a game together soon. The tix we got were $10 each in nosebleed, but it was still a crazy good time. Plus up behind the banners, the crowd isn't as uptight as they have been when I've had to sit out of the student section in the "good seats".
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:25 pm

I didn't talk shit two years ago, and I'm not going to talk shit now.

pussy.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Rat face.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 7:41 pm

I was gonna not watch it because I'm nervous about seeing Kansas uniforms in general, but I decided that I can't bear not to see them play when I have the chance. GO TIGERS!!!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 8:27 pm

saispas, heck yeah. Anytime!
robin, gonna not watch? That's insane!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Its already been a stressful night for hoops (and continues to be so) with this Michigan St-Gonzaga game.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Can the 15 year old super-coach beat Kansas?

Hey Pastner, your 10th grade English teacher called to say that your book report is due Monday. Get crackin'!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Can the 15 year old super-coach beat Kansas?

Hey Pastner, your 10th grade English teacher called to say that your book report is due Monday. Get crackin'!
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 10:45 pm

5 points, 7 minutes left. Not watching it, but they're in the game!

Go Tigers.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 11:22 pm

GREAT game, Memphis.
Not so good, Kansas.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 11:25 pm

holy crap that was close. good show tigers!

ESPN360 wasn't bad streaming to the old laptop, as long as you turn Vitale off.
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm referring to mosquitoes as jayhawks from now on
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 6:48 am

Of course I fell asleep near the end of the first half, but was mightily impressed! Those guys were running, and actually looked at lot more cohesive this early in the year than our teams the last couple of years!
And, Coach Pastner didn't look as near as sweet on the court as he does off the court. That's a good thing.
GO TIGERS!
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 8:57 am

I checked the box score early to see how it was going. Their guy listed as Center (who is huge) had more points than anyone. We had no one listed as Center. Whoops!

If they made some free throws, got some Defensive rebounds off Jayhawk free throws, they really coulda won. Almost did anyway. Good show, Mr Pastner. Keep it up!
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 10:20 am

Yup, this Pastner kid is something; he looks younger than some of the players!

So is the Duke transfer (I forget his name). THAT guy is a badass.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 10:33 am

I think we saw that Pastner is a better coach than Cal was. Cal lost to a lesser Kansas team when he had twice the depth the Tigers had last night. I can't believe a 7 man rotation held up to that Kansas team the way they did. If only we had shot more than 35%. Good show indeed.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 10:41 am

I'm liking this whole thing where we have a coach who gives his players help rather than verbally abusing them into submission. Nobody likes to see Doneal Mack, Willie Kemp, and Wesley Witherspoon on the verge of tears.

Kemp did a great job running the point last night. Anybody who wants to disagree with me is gonna have to agree to take this outside.

Funny parts of the game- that lady going on and on about Sherron Collins' "socially awkward" groin injury; how Dick Vitale kept being awed by the fact that Xavier Henry looks like he's 40 every time they showed his face.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 10:41 am

Also funny- how, as is per the usual, at the end of the game Dick Vitale changed his tune and started running his mouth about how impressive the Tigers are and C-USA better watch out and blah blah blah. Yeah, we knew that already.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am

I'm glad my ESPN comes in without sound so I don't have to listen to Vitale. Just wish it came in color.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 12:51 pm

So is the Duke transfer (I forget his name). THAT guy is a badass.

Elliott Williams. And yes, he is. He's my new fave. Incredible skill and athleticism.

that lady going on and on about Sherron Collins' "socially awkward" groin injury;

Peter Edministon "Tweeted" (ick) about that something about when she is referring to a "socially awkward place" she must be referring to CiCi's Pizza.

It was super fun to watch, but I want to see Witherspoon step up. Really proud of Kemp last night though; obvious he wasn't allowed to grow under Calipari.

Speaking of Cal, Vitale spent a good 4 possessions b/t Kansas & Memphis just blabbing about Cal and John Wall. I wanted Bill Self to sic that scary beast Alrdrich on him for that and have Pastner dive and grab Dickie's ankle, Van Gundy-style.
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 11:57 am

Went to the Jackson State game and came away real impressed considering what the Tigers have to work with this year. Barring injuries, I would put money on them winning C-USA and getting in the Tourney. Being thin in the frontcourt won't be a huge problem considering that C-USA is a guard driven league. Gotta keep Coleman and Niles outta foul trouble against bigger teams though cause Witherspoon gets eaten alive trying to D up on the big fellas. I mean the guy started at point guard some games last year and now he's forced to play power forward? Kids got a lot of potential as a small forward but playing out of position hurts.

Coleman will be a beast some games and Eliot Williams would start in the backcourt for 99% of the college teams in the NCAA. Kid is that good.

It's too bad Sallie and Mack couldn't hit some more of those open threes or the Tigers might be 2-0 right now.

....and Justice, where's the Wolverine hoop thread? Funny how you guys are a basketball and not a football school these days. Good thing ya'll don't play Harvard again this year or Amaker could get his revenge two years in a row!
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Justice sucks wet farts out of Detroit.
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Justice sucks wet farts out of Detroit.

DUH!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®